• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ACTION TO HELP Karina Hansen.

chipmunk1

Desensitization. Basically expose them to more and more sound/light/conversation/etc.

I think similar methods are used to non-violently torture prisoners.

Once a witch was accused, the methods to go about their trial and questioning were often quite unfair. Few people were found innocent of their accusations, and most went through horrific torture. If they plead innocent, they were most often tortured until they confessed and described their exploits with the Devil and the many crimes they had committed whenin fact they had done none. By the end of the questioning many accused actually believed what they were saying in the insanity brought on by torture

Apple

Hello. I'm just organising my card now. Bit of a silly question, but are most people writing in English or translating it to Danish to make it easier for them to read?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hello. I'm just organising my card now. Bit of a silly question, but are most people writing in English or translating it to Danish to make it easier for them to read?

I translated mine to Danish using Google Translate. I imagine it's okay to write in English too, as most Danes speak English, and even if they don't it's the thought that counts. ;)

Apple

Thanks :) It said Happy birthday in English on the front but I wrote in Danish on the inside. I hope it made sense!! Google translate doesn't have the best reputation. Hah.
My mum has gone to post it now. I live in the UK, so hopefully it will get there in time. *fingers crossed*

leela

Darn! I'm so bummed I missed this thread! It looks like the card isn't open any more :(

Edited for brainfog: yes it is still signable!

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Ketty Hansen (Karina's mother) wrote me that she has received about 120 cards (at her home) for Karina, and that they are still coming. She is not sure how many were sent directly to the psych ward. She was very amazed and appreciative of this, and of all the people (320 total) who signed the Group E-Birthday card.

Both she and Karina's father are still forbidden to see Karina, even on her birthday.

(@leela Just so you see it.)

chipmunk1

i don't understand why she is still being held. How can this be legal?

Bodily distress syndrome is not even a mental health disorder according to Dr. Fink.

Prof Fink is reported as having said that he and his colleagues had tried to get WHO to incorporate a section for a special group of disorders where BDS could be placed that was located neither in psychiatry nor in general medicine, but had not been successful.

If BDS is not a true psychiatric disorder how can Dr. Fink justify kidnapping an adult?

Is it legal to force an adult terminal cancer patient to undergo chemotherapy?
If it legal to lock a chain smoker up to make him quit cigarettes?

What kind of doctor would do that?

The parents should sue the hospital and the doctors and the courts need to wake up see that what is being done is a human rights violation.

Last edited: