• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

93% of CFS patients tested positive for mold/mycotoxins?!

Have you undergone treatment for Mould or mycotoxins?

• No

Votes: 33 68.8%
  • Yes, and it helped my CFS a bit

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Yes, and it helped considerably

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Yes, but it did not help

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

ChookityPop

They discuss the typical patient groups that he is facing recently. So, naturally, this includes Covid-19 and long hauler patients. But I find it surprising that a single practicioner has a group of mold toxicity patients out of a sudden. I'm sure mold toxicity isn't such a common diagnosis that it can be considered usual. So I suspect that something changed in these patients that made them susceptible to mold. An alternative explanation is the lockdown and that this could lead to increased mold exposure, possibly building up mycotoxins during the course.
Thanks for clarifying. I will def watch it!

hb8847

They discuss the typical patient groups that he is facing recently. So, naturally, this includes Covid-19 and long hauler patients. But I find it surprising that a single practicioner has a group of mold toxicity patients out of a sudden. I'm sure mold toxicity isn't such a common diagnosis that it can be considered usual. So I suspect that something changed in these patients that made them susceptible to mold. An alternative explanation is the lockdown and that this could lead to increased mold exposure, possibly building up mycotoxins during the course.

I am convinced that in mould patients there is some other issue going on, that either allows the mould to flourish or for it to do more damage. Otherwise why when several people have lived in a water damaged house does only one get mould illness? Maybe an altered gut microbiome, or a virus temporarily wrecks the immune system and allows the dormant mould to take hold.

Equally, in the case of Long Covid, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the mould was already there, in the gut or elsewhere and not causing any noticeable harm, but once the body is ravaged by Covid it subsequently allows mould to take over. One thing we know is there seems to be a link between Covid and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), which itself is very linked to mould/mycotoxin illness. Perhaps this connects the dots.

As to your point about lockdowns increasing mould exposure, it also wouldn't surprise me at all if this was a factor. I've long suspected our modern, warm, poorly ventilated domiciles have something to do with modern illnesses (not least the spread of airborne viruses) because they're such a relatively recent innovation.

poohsilk

Never gives up
Just a few tidbits pertaining to this conversation thread and reply to hb4787.

I know I get sicker with mold although I am less sensitive now as I have calmed my nervous system, beliefs and perceptions. I have lived in several verified moldy places ,WDBs. Very bad actually and for 8 years last time. Left the last place 2-1/2 years ago and promtly had an amagam safley removed. Felt worse for a long time but assumed I was dumping toxins. I am better but still not well, food problems and not very functioal detox nor elimination and I am now following will Nathan's last book Toxic. Realtime labs confirmed aflotoxins and tricothene (?).

I have had for many years detoxification problems, as also shown in genetic test. I have the haplotype for mold sensitivity. I cannot tolerate any sulfur foods at all.

For 7 weeks, mostly addressing MCAS and food sensitivities to try to quiet down the system before I can add more treatments and trying to improve detox and elimination. I am starting very slowly but more consistently with activated bamboo charcoal and sacro mycinsbouardii and silver nose spray.

For the 7 weeks, I have used used the double coffee enemas and additional supplements added to water afterwards written about in Ahmo's blog you can find on this site. I feel Great afterwards. Better than plain CEs which I have been doing for over 10 years. Even the air hunger and closed nose are allieviated.

My nose is always a problem as was my husband's. When he used X clear with Manuka Honey the good best quality type of 10 grade from Australia once or twice a day his nose problems cleared up. He also used liposomal melatonin under tongue low and slow!) Cleared his brain up I think. (I got those ideas from a group of Dr. K patients.) so I started it even though Xylitol and honey causes very low blood sugar. Within just a few days I was able to get rid of some plaques in my nose that are there all the time and I can breathe more easily.

poohsilk

Never gives up
It us available by BodyBio or Quicksilver. The most I can remember is that melatonin is very important chemistry in our brain, the pineal gland and I got this idea from dr. Klingonheart and many of his patients used it to help clear their brain. They also used as a covid prophalaxis and treatment in very very high doses. That is also per the researcher Lois .....So I got some to have on hand. I use low doses. It can keep you very awake until you get used to it. I don't do it every night. You can do a search and see ih dr Ks videos arestill up but there are several documents about it.

I lived right years with black mold but got worse in a mold-free space (parents house, new building)... But I've ordered a test because it's not unlikely I have it... The visual test was borderline positive

people can get worse in a mold free place because the body realizes it's finally safe and starts detoxing... what did your test show?

I lived in a basement apartment with mold when i got me/cfs, got it 7 months after i moved in.

I was also living in a basement flat (no signs of mould) when my ME/CFS symptoms came on...then I moved to a very humid country and they worsened...
Did you get tested for CIRS or do the VSC test?

I was also living in a basement flat (no signs of mould) when my ME/CFS symptoms came on...then I moved to a very humid country and they worsened...
Did you get tested for CIRS or do the VSC test?
No idea, they have testet many things during the years but never found anything.

Wishful

I lived in a basement apartment with mold when i got me/cfs, got it 7 months after i moved in.

That doesn't mean that they are linked. You could find countless other possible correlations in a 7 month period (phase of the moon, flea bite, watching a horror movie, etc). Proving a correlation can be difficult, especially for a one-off event. When I suspected a food, I'd try it several times to see if the same symptoms happened each time. If mold makes your symptoms worse whenever you are exposed to it (preferably double-blind test), that proves that mold makes your symptoms worse, but it doesn't actually prove that mold was the original trigger. I think original triggers will be very difficult to prove.