• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

7 Day NAD+ Infusions (Severe ME/CFS Recovery, Neurological / Mitochondrial / Genetic Repair) + POLL

What is your experience with NAD+ ?

• I had the full NAD+ IV protocol and benefitted (7+ infusions)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I had the full NAD+ IV protocol and did not benfit (7+ infusions)

• I had 1-6 NAD+ IVs and benefitted

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I had 1-6 NAD+ IVs and did not benefit

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I tried and benefited from nasal NAD+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I tried but did not benefit from nasal NAD+

• I tried and benefited from oral NAD+

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I tried but did not benefit from oral NAD+

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I tried and benefited from transdermal NAD+ (patch)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I tried but did not benefit from transdermal NAD+ (patch)

• I have not tried NAD+ but have benefited from a NAD+ precursor (NIAGEN, Niacin, B3, NADH etc)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • I have not tried NAD+ and have not benefited from a NAD+ precursor (NIAGEN, Niacin, B3, NADH etc)

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I have never tried any form of NAD+ or NAD+ precursor

Votes: 38 37.3%

• Total voters

Learner1

Perhaps they'd be more likely to cover it if the treatment/bill is presented as "nutritional IV" rather than something exotic like NAD+ therapy from a addiction clinic.

Does your insurance cover your current nutritional infusion with the added low dose of NAD+?
My insurance, which is an employer BCBS silver plan, will only cover TPN as far as nutrients go, unless I'm missing something. I have to sign a statement at the doctor's office saying I won't independently submit the claim. Apparently, doctors have been kicked off of PPO status here if patients tried making claims

junkcrap50

@junkcrap50 great compilation of resources!

What are your thoughts / overall impression of NAD+ IV therapy after reading everything?

Thanks.

I think that IV NAD+ Therapy is very impressive. The science behind it shows that there are many, many benefits (make mito more efficient, break the NO/ONOO cycle, decrease free radicals and oxidative stress, turn on good genes, etc). I think that it could possibly be a huge factor in increasing quality of life and energy for CFS patients, possibly to be near normal. I do not think it will cure CFS, but it could make cfs patients behave more normally. I also think that it will likely require maintenance doses or "tune-ups." Whether or not that requires additional IV therapy or is sufficient with the LIAS NAD+ sublinguals, intranasal NAD+, or NAD+ injections remains to be seen and probably depends on the individual.

I definitely plan on doing it myself. Learner1 brings up some good points, which make me a bit wary, so I need to reread his links. But I think its probably okay to do anyway. Also, I want to talk to my naturopath/Ph.D biochemist to see what he/she thinks of Learner1's points and how NAD+ therapy may interact with my conditions and her findings on me.

I'm going to be adding IV NAD+ to some other modalities I'm currently doing and think that it will cover 1 of many bases. I'm currently doing injectable peptides (currently on Thymosin Alpha 1, Thymosin Beta 4, & BPC-157 and soon will add Cerebrolysin and Epithalon) for immune modulation, mild HBOT (which has "cured" me before) for breaking the oxidative stress cycles, and NAD+ for fixing/normalizing mitochondrial function. I'm also doing antivirals; Plaquenil, Celebrex, Losartan for autoimmune & antiinflammation, intranasal antifungals for mold colonization, and supplements. I'm doing all the above on my own sort of, so I still need to talk to my CFS doctor and my naturopath for other ideas/things to address once I'm doing all these things. But NAD+ I think will mostly take care of the mitochondria.

perrier

Thanks.

I think that IV NAD+ Therapy is very impressive. The science behind it shows that there are many, many benefits (make mito more efficient, break the NO/ONOO cycle, decrease free radicals and oxidative stress, turn on good genes, etc). I think that it could possibly be a huge factor in increasing quality of life and energy for CFS patients, possibly to be near normal. I do not think it will cure CFS, but it could make cfs patients behave more normally. I also think that it will likely require maintenance doses or "tune-ups." Whether or not that requires additional IV therapy or is sufficient with the LIAS NAD+ sublinguals, intranasal NAD+, or NAD+ injections remains to be seen and probably depends on the individual.

I definitely plan on doing it myself. Learner1 brings up some good points, which make me a bit wary, so I need to reread his links. But I think its probably okay to do anyway. Also, I want to talk to my naturopath/Ph.D biochemist to see what he/she thinks of Learner1's points and how NAD+ therapy may interact with my conditions and her findings on me.

I'm going to be adding IV NAD+ to some other modalities I'm currently doing and think that it will cover 1 of many bases. I'm currently doing injectable peptides (currently on Thymosin Alpha 1, Thymosin Beta 4, & BPC-157 and soon will add Cerebrolysin and Epithalon) for immune modulation, mild HBOT (which has "cured" me before) for breaking the oxidative stress cycles, and NAD+ for fixing/normalizing mitochondrial function. I'm also doing antivirals; Plaquenil, Celebrex, Losartan for autoimmune & antiinflammation, intranasal antifungals for mold colonization, and supplements. I'm doing all the above on my own sort of, so I still need to talk to my CFS doctor and my naturopath for other ideas/things to address once I'm doing all these things. But NAD+ I think will mostly take care of the mitochondria.
Hi Junkcrap
Have the peptides helped at all. These were tried here and no result. Cerebrolysin was not tried yet. Are you using the Russian stuff? Or from elsewhere?

junkcrap50

Hi Junkcrap
Have the peptides helped at all. These were tried here and no result. Cerebrolysin was not tried yet. Are you using the Russian stuff? Or from elsewhere?

Yes. They've definitely helped but in a small yet significant amount. They seem to have greatly reduced my inflammation and effected my immune system in some way: my irritability is mostly gone, my malaise is much lower, my personality has returned a bit. My parents report me being more like my old self. I was borderline homebound before (leaving the house only to go to Church 1x/week) and now I can do multiple trips per week (though I still don't like going out).

I've been meaning to do a separate post on it, but want to be on the peptides longer (Only been 5 weeks so far and I ran out of one).

I don't think the Russian peptides do anything and are a waste of money (though I've never tried them). Orally, it's not absorbed and likely destroyed in the stomach. My peptides are injectable sub-q, and I get them from Tailor Made Compounding Pharmacy. My parent is a doctor and orders them for me. I also get the doctor's discounted price this way, but it's still kind of expensive. I think it'd probably be okay to order peptides from some peptide website that caters more towards bodybuilding (so long as you find a reputable one and vet it and its sources. There are a few good ones.). It would be much, much cheaper (probably 1/4 to 1/2 the price I get) that way. I've ordered before from a bodybuilding peptide site to get some analog MSH Melanotan 2 for cheaper, and it was fine. My parents are risk adverse and think it's too risky do that and would rather go through a pharmacy.

Last edited:

NotThisGuy

Yes. They've definitely helped but in a small yet significant amount. They seem to have greatly reduced my inflammation and effected my immune system in some way: my irritability is mostly gone, my malaise is much lower, my personality has returned a bit. My parents report me being more like my old self. I was borderline homebound before (leaving the house only to go to Church 1x/week) and now I can do multiple trips per week (though I still don't like going out).

I've been meaning to do a separate post on it, but want to be on the peptides longer (Only been 5 weeks so far and I ran out of one).

I don't think the Russian peptides do anything and are a waste of money (though I've never tried them). Orally, it's not absorbed and likely destroyed in the stomach. My peptides are injectable sub-q, and I get them from Tailor Made Compounding Pharmacy. My parent is a doctor and orders them for me. I also get the doctor's discounted price this way, but it's still kind of expensive. I think it'd probably be okay to order peptides from some peptide website that caters more towards bodybuilding (so long as you find a reputable one and vet it and its sources. There are a few good ones.). It would be much, much cheaper (probably 1/4 to 1/2 the price I get) that way. I've ordered before from a bodybuilding peptide site to get some analog MSH Melanotan 2 for cheaper, and it was fine. My parents are risk adverse and think it's too risky do that and would rather go through a pharmacy.

Do you happen to have IBS or leaky gut or SIBO or histamine or mast cell issues??
I was wondering if BPC-157 could help with that. You are the first one here I met who takes BPC-157.

Learner1

Jesse2233

Update:

Had a horrible sore throat / malaise / sinus congestion / cytokine madness yesterday that kept me bedridden for most of the day (which is unusual for me).

Woke up today with some residual malaise and congestion but also exceptional mental clarity, tendrils of energy, and no sore throat. Back out of the house today working at a local cafe

junkcrap50

My cost is $40 per infusion with insurance. I’m not sure which pharmacy they’re using but I can ask

Nice price! It seems like NAD+ is becoming more available in compounding pharmacies. A compounding pharmacy I like a lot, Tailor Made Compounding, just told me the other day that they just added NAD+ and will have it available in a week or two. Plus, the two pharmacies Jesse2233 and Learner1 are getting their NAD+ from.

@aquariusgirl, I made a post earlier listed 4 pharmacies that offer NAD+, according to what I could find online.
Compounding Pharmacies that Sell It
https://supplementpolice.com/nad/#comment-21937
Archway Apocathy in Louisiana (also do a nasal spray & oral NAD+)
Anazoa Phamacy in Tampa
https://www.alternet.org/drugs/does...iracle-cure-addiction-and-disease-really-work

Hayden Pharmacyhttps://www.reddit.com/r/StackAdvice/comments/5pq00p/where_to_get_iv_nad_solution/
https://www.reddit.com/r/StackAdvice/comments/5pq00p/where_to_get_iv_nad_solution/
College Pharmacy
Comment saying a "full protocol" costs $1,000 from College Pharmacy and having a doctor friend prescribe it.

Learner1

My cost is $40 per infusion with insurance. I’m not sure which pharmacy they’re using but I can ask
I just saw a very savvy functional medicine MD yesterday and asked her how NAD+ coukd get covered by insurance. She laughed uproariously and said they don't even recognize it exists.

I'd like to up my dose, but it is an expensive ingredient, so I may have to ditch something else in my weekly IV to keep the cost under $650. (There are about 15 other ingredients I get, too.)

I'm weighing the pros and cons...

I had an IV Monday and felt great, so I doubled my normal amount of exercise Mon and Tues going fun things and have been paying for it with the worst case of PEM I've had in 6 months.

I think I burned it all up and it didn't recycle well enough. Taking the sublingual lozenges helps me function a bit, but does nothing to make PEM go away. Laying low now and taking BCAAs and hoping PEM goes away soon...