• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

7 Day NAD+ Infusions (Severe ME/CFS Recovery, Neurological / Mitochondrial / Genetic Repair) + POLL

What is your experience with NAD+ ?

• I had the full NAD+ IV protocol and benefitted (7+ infusions)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I had the full NAD+ IV protocol and did not benfit (7+ infusions)

• I had 1-6 NAD+ IVs and benefitted

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I had 1-6 NAD+ IVs and did not benefit

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I tried and benefited from nasal NAD+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I tried but did not benefit from nasal NAD+

• I tried and benefited from oral NAD+

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I tried but did not benefit from oral NAD+

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I tried and benefited from transdermal NAD+ (patch)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I tried but did not benefit from transdermal NAD+ (patch)

• I have not tried NAD+ but have benefited from a NAD+ precursor (NIAGEN, Niacin, B3, NADH etc)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • I have not tried NAD+ and have not benefited from a NAD+ precursor (NIAGEN, Niacin, B3, NADH etc)

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I have never tried any form of NAD+ or NAD+ precursor

Votes: 38 37.3%

• Total voters

junkcrap50

High pathogenic lactate buildup mostly comes from mitochondrial dysfunction. However there can be 1000 reasons for the dysfunction. NAD+, Other Methylation Factors, Membrane Potential etc etc etc.

-Sidenote:
Does anyone of you have high lactate without excercise ? Resting lactate?
Mine is only extraordinary elevated when doing low Watt cycling. Resting lactate is fine.
With your success and benefit from NADH injections, have you noticed in a decrease of lactic acid buildup?

mitoMAN

I am too ill to do cycling or anything to provoke lactate really. I can barely leave the house, so lactate isnt my only problem.
It helps with mental energy the most - especially brainfog. Its not allowing me to go for a long walk or anything anymore.
I would suggest you honestly just test your way through nad+, nadh and nmn injections. See whats best for you.

Dreamydays is going up to 3 grams of NAD+ while I almost die on 600mg of NAD+.
He doesnt tolerate NADH while I do perfectly. See what I mean?

We ME/CFS Patients are VERY different.

junkcrap50

I am too ill to do cycling or anything to provoke lactate really. I can barely leave the house, so lactate isnt my only problem.
So sorry to hear that. I had thought you were doing fairly well.
Dreamydays is going up to 3 grams of NAD+ while I almost die on 600mg of NAD+.
He doesnt tolerate NADH while I do perfectly. See what I mean?
Wow. Yes. Very strange.

Thank you.

mitoMAN

I am hosting a 3rd Party lab testing to verify the Purity and heavy metal content of the Chinese Raw Powder Supplier for NAD+ and NADH.

Please PM me directly if interested to join our group of CFS Patients.

Last edited:

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I'm too weak for the IV. What is the next best thing to try - patch, injection, or oral? Tnx

Oral nicotiname riboside has the best absorption. I recommend that. People over 40 need it because they don't convert the precursors well enough to reach normal levels. The cheapest way to get it is bulk from New-health-store on Aliexpress. It has a slightly bitter taste but little aftertaste so it is easy to use as a powder dissolved in liquid.

Learner1

I'm too weak for the IV. What is the next best thing to try - patch, injection, or oral? Tnx
Sublingual oral. NAD+ or NMN.

Oral nicotiname riboside has the best absorption. I recommend that.
No, it doesn't. And it requires more conversions and some people, depending on genetics, can't convert. There is a lot of hype by the NR people. NAD+ and NMN are absorbed just fine.

Rlman

Oral nicotiname riboside has the best absorption. I recommend that. People over 40 need it because they don't convert the precursors well enough to reach normal levels. The cheapest way to get it is bulk from New-health-store on Aliexpress. It has a slightly bitter taste but little aftertaste so it is easy to use as a powder dissolved in liquid.
Is this the same as d-ribose? I tried d-ribose, but no results!

Learner1

NAD+ has a small molar weight of below 500 dalton so it is best absorbed as intranasl application. Easily mix your own nasal spray with about 30mg NAD+ per shot. (I mix 300mg per ml)
Works just fine sublingually and a log more pleasant than nasal.
Thanks, but how NMN fits in, and what is the brand name?
See this image

Screenshot_20210214-153738.png

I use the Alive by Nature products but there are others.

Rlman

NAD+ has a small molar weight of below 500 dalton so it is best absorbed as intranasl application. Easily mix your own nasal spray with about 30mg NAD+ per shot. (I mix 300mg per ml)
Do you think doing it subcutaneously like you are doing is as good as IV?
If I'm doing some mixing, why not do it your way then?

Learner1

Do you think doing it subcutaneously like you are doing is as good as IV?
If I'm doing some mixing, why not do it your way then?
Subcutaneous is an injection under the skin. It can sit near the injection site and not be distributed as well through the body.

If you have not been already using it and are not familiar with the effects, I would definitely not recommend IV. It is the harshest IV substance I've ever had, which did not improve with frequency of use.

You mentioned you are in a more delicate state - it creates significant pain, headache, and unpleasant intestinal symptoms at any reasonable speed of administration, although it definitely does provide benefits, which, for me, lasted up to 36 hours.

The oral version can be beneficial, but the benefits of just putting it under your tongue, and passively getting it into your bloodstream, are easier, without the risk of infection, without the unpleasant side effects, and benefits last for several hours.
Different. I'd use both together. One boosts ATP the other NAD+.
Increasing NAD+ will directly increase ATP. Additionally, NAD+ is a cofactor for many reactions, so there are other benefits of NAD+ and NMN.