• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. SteveRacer

Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: Has Anyone Here Benefited at All?

I just came across this today when researching CFS, an article about CBT helping: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2349693/pdf/bmj00523-0026.pdf It's from 96, but hey, CBT helped me a lot with my anxiety, which I had before the CFS...
  2. SteveRacer

I don't think I have post exercise fatigue, not CFS? Going to test it.

Ah, well, thanks for the warning. I just realized I didn't seem to have that... whatever the term is, that people with CFS get after exercise. I worked out hard for 35 minutes... it's more than I've done in 3 months...and, uh... I have felt good all day after. just wanted to let you all know I...
  3. SteveRacer

I don't think I have post exercise fatigue, not CFS? Going to test it.

I have a lot of stuff going on: tired ALL the time, usually can't exercise much, maybe 15 mins on a good day. Most days I just take walks if anything. Anyway, I have sleep disorders, ears ringing, tiredness, sleepy all the time... I'm not sure if I'm "fuzz headed" because I'm just so damn...
  4. SteveRacer

Something ELSE wrong with me? Organ problem? Not sure...help?

Well that's the thing... the only thing I remember them doing is checking my bloodwork, and last time it was pretty normal... so they said I was just tired, or something. Lame.
  5. SteveRacer

Something ELSE wrong with me? Organ problem? Not sure...help?

I posted about a month ago thinking I have CFS... I have a lot of the symptoms. But I'm wondering now if it's not something more life threatening. This is what is happening lately: My heart POUNDS at least half the day. Just like it is laboring, even if I am just lying down. In fact, it is...
  6. SteveRacer

TONS of Vitamin C?

Hi, So, I'm recently struggling with fatigue and I've tried a few remedies... and I'm trying to think of things I can do that are simple to go along with the others. I've heard that you "cant' take too much" Vit C, and that some people on very high doses have seen improvements in various...
  7. SteveRacer

Stay up or go to sleep?

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the advice. Yes, I've always been a night owl, never a morning person... but this just amplifies it. Now I only seem to have a few good hours every day...
  8. SteveRacer

Stay up or go to sleep?

So, the last couple of days I've been exhausted the whole day... slept 12 hours... gone back to bed. Then around MIDNIGHT I've started waking up, feeling more energetic, able to do things. I tend to want to stay up at this point because I feel more alive and able to do things... but then I'm...
  9. SteveRacer

Just did 4 months of NRT, leaky gut, parasite, metals detox

The docs gave me this "Okra Pepsin" stuff for my "leaky gut"...
  10. SteveRacer

Suicidal during sleep, half awake state

Thanks! Never had sleep paralysis, though my ex wife did, she told me about it. Sounded pretty awful. Yes, this is definitely hypnagogia :) No, I'm not currently taking anything to sleep like that... I have gone through tons of pills but pretty much without exception side effects were worse...
  11. SteveRacer

Suicidal during sleep, half awake state

Before the onset of my fatigue, I've struggled for years with sleep problems. In the last couple of years, I've had some strange episodes, which often include me getting "stuck" in a strange half-asleep state where I can't quite wake up all the way but can't sleep. In this state, I end up...
  12. SteveRacer

Twitching

I ended up twitching a lot years ago... before I had CFS (or whatever my current fatigue problem is) I had sleeping problems... for a while nothing would help me sleep. So they gave me Seroquel, which helped me sleep, but caused me twitching. It didn't matter to me too much because it worked so...
  13. SteveRacer

hiring someone to help you file?

I talked to HR at my job... they called me back about it but I missed the call. So I'll probably find out next week. I also realized since I teach for the state community college they have not been taking out SS since I have worked there -- probably not good news. I didn't realize the CA State...
  14. SteveRacer

How long did it take the first time to get it? I'm wondering how I will pay my bills long enough to make it if it takes 6 mo to a year... my safety net has been gone for some time.
  15. SteveRacer

Ears ringing?

I don't realize it often during the noise of the day but almost any time it is quiet I notice my ears are mildly ringing. It seems to be very often they are doing this. Anyone else have this?
  16. SteveRacer

Low Pulse Pressure

I have a low BP, partly due to genes, plus from all the cardio I was doing before this started... but even though the reading is low, many times my heart will feel like it is pounding like a hammer.
  17. SteveRacer

Los Angeles Support Group

So, when you say you aren't mobile, do you mean you can't drive yourself, or you can't go out at all? Like, what if I picked one of you up?
  18. SteveRacer

Hey, It's Nutrition Response Testing: http://www.drrobertjeffrey.com/Jan%2028%202005%20%28D%29/NRT.htm Out here in LA we have all kinds of unusual treatments... who knows if any work. :)
  19. SteveRacer

Long story short, they say the gut is better, parasites are mostly gone... but I feel EXACTLY the same. Still working on metals but the metal detox practically knocks me out the whole day.
  20. SteveRacer

Dating...

yeah, I got dumped a couple months ago, and part of the reason was the fatigue... I just didn't give her the attention or interest that she wanted, she thought I didn't care. Of course, I was just too tired to talk or do things. I told her that but it still wasn't enough. Right now I can't think...
  21. SteveRacer

First of all, of course, I'm tired. I hardly feel like even posting this. But besides that obvious hurdle... I was reading that most claims are rejected at first and often take a year... is there a group or entity you can hire to help do the paperwork, recommend doctors, and take care of the...
  22. SteveRacer

Has anyone found TREATING YEAST/BACTERIA helps CFS in a HUGE way?

Just did a candida diet and cleanse and antifungal for 3 months. No change whatsoever. Along with a parasite and heavy metal detox. Still nothing.