• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Bansaw

Do POTS sufferers have elevated blood glucose levels because of low volume ?

I am eating Keto style meals now and am watching my glucose positively effected. My doc put me on Keto 4 yrs ago (for other reasons), and I was on it for a year, and I noticed that my blood glucose was constantly good. However, after a year on Keto, I sensed that it wasn't good for me overall...
  2. Bansaw

I have type 2, and I understand that type 2 can't turn into type 1. I booked an appt. with my Dr. two weeks ago, but the earliest he can give me is end of October. He did write an Rx for this blood glucose monitor for me tho. He will definitely shift me from Metformin to a stronger combo. I'm...
  3. Bansaw

I took my finger-stick reading, its about 25 mg/dls below the patch reading. Its still very high. I've immediately cut out snacking (and I eat healthy snacks like nuts etc.) and letting my pancreas rest more. Plus I am planning to hydrate more too. Readings are very high, getting towards 400...
  4. Bansaw

I'm getting a finger-stick meter today, to double check what the monitor is telling me
  5. Bansaw

I'm monitoring my blood glucose with a continuous monitor. I've been concerned that the readings I've been getting are higher than I expect. I'm just wondering if POTS sufferers like me sometimes report deceptively high blood glucose, because the blood is more concentrated due to low blood volume?
  6. Bansaw

Salt. Yeah, just, salt (well, unrefined salt)

I think salt helps me. I think Potassium and Iron interact though, so you've got to be careful with that balance. I once took an iron supp, and it skyrocketed my potassium.
  7. Bansaw

Is there a good B complex supplement that helps, esp. with neurotransmitters ?

ah, ok, I'll start off slow. I'll look at that too. I found that Acetyl-L-Carnitine / Acetylcholine worked great for me, and I was careful with it, I was on for 2-3 days then off for 4 days. I still habituated : (
  8. Bansaw

Thanks all... I got some Country Life B complex, 60... I'll try a couple of capsules a day for a month, see if it makes a difference. Also, will check out L-Methionine. I've tried everything else, why not!
  9. Bansaw

I think I need some neurotransmitter help. I'm taking Metformin (diabetes type 2 med) and it depletes B12 and my blood test for B12 was extremely low. I've got bad insomnia, but I feel not just serotonin and melatonin lack, but aceytlcholine too. Taking Aceytl-l-carnitine really helps, for...
  10. Bansaw

Is an Inversion Table helpful for POTS people (blood flow to head) ?

I hear some different opinions on an inversion table for POTS sufferers. I'm thinking bloodflow to the head might always be helpful, but I've read one or two people not recommending an inversion table. Any comments ?
  11. Bansaw

Anyone got tips on how to calm down heart palpitations quickly (POTS) ?

Past few nights I've had about 40mins of heart palpitations as I lie down to sleep. This is a recent occurrence - it happened a few years ago too - I think its because I've been physically inactive due to a bad cold I've had. Anyway, I breath deeply , or try to, and eventually I get there...
  12. Bansaw

Poll on benefits of supplementing amino acids

You have Cysteine (or NAC is popular if you want to be specific)
  13. Bansaw

Poll on benefits of supplementing amino acids

Acetyl-l-Carnitine +1
  14. Bansaw

POTS - has anyone found "slow salt" supplements helpful (or tried saline drip therapy) ?

I got some packets of ORS. Just to add to the complexity, I do have type 2 diabetes. ORS contains up to 20 grams of glucose anhydrous per liter. I'm researching whether that amount of glucose will negatively affect my blood sugar levels. My google searching so far has thrown up mixed opinions...
  15. Bansaw

Acetylcholine - How do POTS sufferers maintain good levels of it ?

I first took ALCAR six years ago and for a few weeks it really helped my cognitively. Then it seemed to wear off so I stopped it. Three months ago I became aware of the need of a cognitive boost and thought I'd try it again. It worked great for the first week, then didn't do much after that...
  16. Bansaw

Acetylcholine - How do POTS sufferers maintain good levels of it ?

As a POTS sufferer I am trying to maintain a good level of acetylcholine to help boost cognitive function. I've found Acetyl-l-Carnitine plus a source of choline to be really helpful. However, my body seems to have developed a tolerance for it, even though I do 3 days on, 3 days off to avoid...
  17. Bansaw

POTS - has anyone found "slow salt" supplements helpful (or tried saline drip therapy) ?

In the past when I've tried to hydrate with just satly water, its been my experience that I urinate that out quite quickly. However, just trying these ORS now, my body seems to be retaining these fluids!
  18. Bansaw

I phoned Jinas Brothers. They are the least expensive but you have to buy 125 sachets minimum. I went for Trioral which has the same ingredient I think. Just want to see if it has a positive impact on me before I buy in bulk...
  19. Bansaw

Mental sharpness and clarity. ALCAR encourages acetylcholine mechanisms in the brain. Needs to be taken with a choline supp and enough of the right dose. Also, I've heard of it helping with physical endurance. But the body develops a tolerance for it, so I'm taking it 3 days on - 3 days off -...
  20. Bansaw

I'd like to try IV saline too. I do visit the UK sometimes - healthcare is cheap there - but I fear that IV therapy in the US where I reside might be costly. Did you get IV therapy in the US?
  21. Bansaw

I've been listening to a UK doctor on Youtube called Dr.Sanjay Gupta, and some of what he's saying is resonating with me. I'll be attempting to hydrate well, e.g. with sole water,... Dr.Gupta mentioned "slow salt" - I guess this is a supplement that releases salt slowly to help retain water...
  22. Bansaw

Digestion issues since big meal a few weeks ago (bloating, fullness, gas) ?

With my birthday meal, it was something I have at home about once every two weeks or so. But that particular meal was more in terms of quantity.
  23. Bansaw

It could be gallbladder - my mom had her's removed but she had different symptoms (a reaction to spicy food). I'm taking Zypan since yesterday. Standard Process are great, my doc's favorite. I'll look into Betafood, and maybe try ginger tea. @Mary - did you take 2 x AF Betafood's per day? And...
  24. Bansaw

I had a birthday meal a few weeks ago and ate more than usual. Afterwards, and for a few days I felt full, bloated and much gas (burping), hard to sleep. After a week I got better, but now its not taking much for me to get back to that state of feeling very full , bloated and gas (even after...
  25. Bansaw

Has an Endocrinologist helped anyone - my doc wants to refer me, but I'm hesitant ..?

I've a complex history of PTSD and Lyme hitting my life at the same period of time years ago. Probably leading to CFS etc.. My doc says my pituitary gland (in terms of hormones, based on blood tests) may not be working properly and wants to refer me to an Endocrinologist. I'm skeptical what he...
  26. Bansaw

Digestive enzymes profound positive effect on me

Any particular brand that you found helpful ?
  27. Bansaw

Whats a good effective form of B12 to get my levels up ? (my labs showed 114 pg/ml)

thanks all... I got in touch with my doctor, and she recommended Pure Encapsulations Adenosyl/Hydroxy B12. Two forms because if I have methylation issues, at least one of the two will work. My question is: can I take also B12 Drops Methylcobalamin on the same day as I'm taking the...
  28. Bansaw

Whats a good effective form of B12 to get my levels up ? (my labs showed 114 pg/ml)

With those drops, do you still put them under the tongue and wait for them to absorb without swallowing?
  29. Bansaw

I took a blood test to find out B12 levels. My result was 114 pg/ml (normal range 180-914pg/ml). What's a proven effective B12 supplement (brand/dose) that will help get my levels back to normal? I developed type 2 diabetes a year ago, I think this has something to do with my depleted levels...