• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Propranolol seems to be working for my POTS

It's been my second full week of taking Inderal/propranolol for my POTS symptoms. I tapered up over a few days, and am still on 3/4 of the full 20mg dose.

The positive effects showed almost straight away. I have shown no signs of intolerance or major negative side effects (fingers crossed this stays!). I feel generally less exhausted, which is a godsend. I'm still being very cautious with my activity levels though.

It helps me sleep (like whoa!), but also makes me sleepier during the day. I'm unsure if it makes me grumpy as well (I'm a grumpy sleep/nap waker already), as I've had a minor headcold the past week and a bit as well. I'll keep an eye on that aspect.

I'll stay on 3/4 dosage for now and consider upping to the full 20mg once I feel like I have a handle on how I am at 3/4.

Comments

Great news! Apart from the daytime sleepy bit. Matter of priorities, I guess. Hope it'll continue well for you.

Blog entry information

Author
lafarfelue
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from lafarfelue