• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A painful night.

My husband and I had an awful fight last night about me not spending time with them due to CFS. I'm just...so drained now. I'm too out of it to go into detail, all I know is that it cuts deep and I don't know if he will ever understand. I asked him to watch Unrest with me, he might. I hope so.

We really need counseling...even before I got bad we were having problems. It's hard to get him to go, though. And it's frustrating when he starts talking in Finnish with the therapist and I can't understand much of what is being said.

There's a support group here but it's Finnish only. I hate this...I was learning it but the CFS brain fog makes it feel impossible to study and really let it sink in. And then there's being so tired that I was falling asleep in class and getting laughed at. I can't go back to my studies, but without my studies I'm helpless.

I don't know what to do, I feel stuck, even more than I did already with my CFS. I feel like my condition doesn't matter, my feelings don't matter...nothing does.

Thank you for your support everyone. I don't know what I would do without this place and the people in it.

Comments

Sounds like you live in your husbands home country, not yours? That must be very lonely. I can't imagine having to learn a new language with ME. This ME stuff has got to be tough on the best of marriages...Would be such a struggle if you already had problems. It's all about communication, but some partners don't seem to understand the concept. You'd think they would get that the term "relationship" implies that it goes both ways, although I don't think my ex ever got it even when I kept explaining the definition of the term. She, too, was angry that I couldn't do the things she wanted to do, and we didn't have kids together so she had no stake in the relationship. I hope your husband comes to his senses and realizes soon that you have so much more to offer other than a physical ability. He's missing out. Sending a hug.

Blog entry information

Author
Hikaru
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Hikaru

• A bit of venting.
    Wanted to get some stuff off my chest and figured this was the best...