• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medical update

Vent and purge post*****
Trigger warnings
Don’t read further if you don’t want to hear unpleasant things rn.

I’m trying so hard stabilize. To remain positive. But in truth, many nasty things are occurring in my body. I’ve lost track of updates. I took a 4th ambulance in. I’m on home healthcare. Nurse is clueless. She can only do vitals. It’s $399 for a 15 minute visit. Dr orders 2 a week. With a 8200 deductible You do the math. I have no job. My husband is barely getting by. She can’t do ivs or anything. I have a very high deductible it turns out. I’m incredibly unwell and cannot fundraise to cover that to get up to Mayo Clinic. Last 2 er drs and my current gp want me up at Mayo Clinic. Gp was supposed to write a letter to Mayo to get me in. Mayo won’t take anyone with covid within 3 months. Gp not returning phonecalls of where iv treatment is. 2 weeks now. Almost ended up in er a 5th time so hired a private company yesterday. Actually had improvements yesterday. But today has been very scary level bad again. Lungs constantly feel like a swamp. Coughing stuff up still. Feel feverish again today. Still not much voice. It feels like that area is swollen and mad. Almost 6 weeks. And many bad episodes today. Body so weak. Vitals not stable even laying here. Mostly cannot sit up at all again today. But, I don’t have money for hired help, so I have to use commode etc.

I don’t feel optimistic rn. I feel fucking worn down and beat sideways. My gi is freaking out And many other body systems. Eating very hard. Burning poop and pee again. This is like a terrible sinking into the past only with covid chest stuff now. I legitimately do not know how to keep doing this. I go through windows of peace but they seem fleeting. I thought I was getting stronger multiple times but now I’m quite unsure.

If these drs gave a fuck about my case, they would be expediting things, getting me an mri, seeing if this is some type of autoimmune situation or something. I have many abnormal things in bloodwork I’ve been told now past month. Yet, I’m lying in my room alone. The last email my dr sent was how quick can you get to Mayo? Um. Anytime except we are losing days. And I’m losing functioning and today it dawned on me, I’m no longer able to do a family van transport on a new tarp. My vitals cannot even stay stabilized hardly in bed. Laying down. It was a hard realization bc I’ve been so optimistic and eager to get to Mayo to see if they can tell me what is happening since apparently no one in 4 counties here can.

Im tired of being told im complicated. Im tired of nurses staring at me and saying wow, you are going to teach me and my nursing team bc we’ve never had a case like you.

Fucking help me.

Bring me the fluids.
Help my organs get the o2.

And whatever the fuck else needs to happen. Im tired. Im worn out and I’ve been treated like im an inferior human to the rest of the population over and over. When they ask how I ended up so severe, I want to remind them, their negligence created this Frankenstein. But I don’t.

My nurse friend is upset. Understandably. So im mostly trying to not bother most of my support group and friends. Today she told me her and a few others are working on supplying me with a medvac angel flight so I can make it to Mayo. I can’t even understand how expensive that is. Or how that works. Or how my body could even handle that type of pressure when it can’t handle simple car turn 15 minutes away and o2 goes into 80s.

I don’t know.

Part of me feels im losing control, like this is a ship that’s starting to sail on its own and im spiraling out of ideas. Body is reacting to so much that used to help me including homeopathy.

It’s like… I came so far, yet now im holding sand. And where I was planning fun activities for my daughter and I this summer, now im back to praying to survive. All those years of work…. And I’ve fallen…again.

Im not sure how much I can even be in here in coming days. Things are quite rough. Sorry for the agitated update. I wish things were different. Maybe they will be 😭 I don’t know. But they don’t feel good and maybe I came here to have my hand held bc im scared as fuck. Im not brave rn.

Sorry guys.
Love you guys
💗♥️💗

I do hope everyone is well.
Sorry things are not so positive here rn. 🙏

Comments

She said it could be a small infection in larynx but not sure.
Could also be minor damage from being sick. I had damage to my larynx due to spending a short time on a ventilator. Caused pain when swallowing and effected my voice. Took a couple of months to resolve.
Not able to eat much but getting tiny amounts each day.
If you think you need to increase your protein intake Full Spectrum Amino Acids can be a help. Come as capsules, or a powder you can disolve in water. Powder is cheaper option. 5 grams a day is the usual dose. Used. them myself to good effect for post-op wound healing.
Could also be that I’m actually fighting an infection in larynx
When it comes to your own ability to fight infection the fact that you fought off covid and covid pneumonia without much medical help (drugs ect) shows your immune system is working well. Think about it....large numbers of people (some in good health) died from covid. You didnt.
Please god, someone actually care and try to figure out what is happening in my body.
Some of your current and new symptoms are probably a result of the pneumonia not being fully resolved yet. Being pissed around by the medical world dont help much. What a bunch of idiots.
maybe it’s your time to go
No it aint.

Could also be minor damage from being sick. I had damage to my larynx due to spending a short time on a ventilator. Caused pain when swallowing and effected my voice. Took a couple of months to resolve.

If you think you need to increase your protein intake Full Spectrum Amino Acids can be a help. Come as capsules, or a powder you can disolve in water. Powder is cheaper option. 5 grams a day is the usual dose. Used. them myself to good effect for post-op wound healing.

When it comes to your own ability to fight infection the fact that you fought off covid and covid pneumonia without much medical help (drugs ect) shows your immune system is working well. Think about it....large numbers of people (some in good health) died from covid. You didnt.

Some of your current and new symptoms are probably a result of the pneumonia not being fully resolved yet. Being pissed around by the medical world dont help much. What a bunch of idiots.

No it aint.

Awww, Andy.
Very helpful ideas and
You make some good points.
Yes, something is up with my larynx. If I try to talk, much mucous forms over it and it hurts and I cough alot. And often a low fever starts within the hour. This is new to me. Nurse said xray shows no abscesses on it etc so it might still be covid connected. I do hope I get my voice back. Of course survival is my first prayer but as far as pneumonia goes, you are correct, it was mostly gone before the antibiotic. Now is preexisting bs stuff plus covid stuff.

I will look into the amino acids you mention.

I want to thank everyone for their time and energy and ideas throughout this journey past 6 weeks. I’ve never documented one of my previous flu or covid journeys before on here…. But this time, the medical ptsd has been too much sometimes plus physical situation and I guess I needed support. I’ve been a mess. So up and down. I’m sorry. You guys have been great and so encouraging. Thank you. And I hope everyone is taking care of themselves lately. 💛

I'm here for u dear sunshine sister and friend xx u could get someone to call a local church minister in if u wanted that to come in daily or wharever u wanted.
U need comfort and love and anyway that can happen is needed.
Maybe it's time to let go of trying and focus on loving your inner girl as much as u can.. Icomfort in the v v difficult.
You've been trying and actioning for so long I can't even comprehend the utter exhaustion u feel from that (I have my own form of it) as well as your body so so critically unwell.
Xx if I could be there I bloody well would be.
Medical care has let u down and it's not your fault, really not, u have fought for so long.. Please honour u...

There may be a final shift and move in treatment and if there is let it happen...
But I really feel pushing yourself more isn't kind for u xx 💖 🙏 🤍
Here if want to dm

Oh Emma
Just the reading and registering this.
Made me cry.

So much love to you you sweet soul 💗💛💗
Love and appreciate you so much!

and everyone here 💗

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
4 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• By the light… of the moon.
    “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will...
  • Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...