• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where to purchase GcMAF

Mij

I'm posting this for my friend who is too sick to post. Please can you give me some info. thanks.

Can he purchase the gcmaf himself or does he have to actually see a doctor who uses it?
He lives in S. California.

Does it all come from Europe? Because he's heard people say you can get it from italy, japan, israel etc. but no concrete address etc.

He also wants to do the nagalese test.

thank you

Xandoff

Michael
http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/

This is the website where my Doctor had me order my GcMAF. It is from Belgium but they are out of England and take credit cards over the phone to simplify ordering. Very convenient. England. They just shipped my second order. They are very effecient and pleasent to deal with. Your friend needs to have a Nagalase Test before Treatment. They need to see a real ME CFS Doctor. I suggest trying to locate one for your friend on the Co-Cure List that list ME CFS Docs by State in the U.S. It cost about $875.00 a vial, each vile contains 8 weekly doses. Hope this helps.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Dr Enlander (based in NY) is selling MAF 878 which is non-prescription, so I would think that means you don't need a prescription to get it - in fact I think he was selling it via US Ebay.

Here's his site. After a few seconds it starts talking to you about MAF, don't be scared! Frightened the wits out of me the first time:

http://www.enlander.com/

Edit: it is on US Ebay, here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAF-878-Pro...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e712271e4#ht_500wt_1203

Listed as MAF 878 probiotic, in case that link goes out of date.

Mij

Dr Enlander (based in NY) is selling MAF 878 which is non-prescription, so I would think that means you don't need a prescription to get it - in fact I think he was selling it via US Ebay.

Here's his site. After a few seconds it starts talking to you about MAF, don't be scared! Frightened the wits out of me the first time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAF-878-Pro...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e712271e4#ht_500wt_1203

I was inquiring about GcMAF. Yes he is planning to order the MAF 878 too when the weather gets cooler. He doesn't want it spoil during transport in the heat. thanks

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I was inquiring about GcMAF. Yes he is planning to order the MAF 878 too when the weather gets cooler. He doesn't want it spoil during transport in the heat. thanks

Sorry, Mij, I didn't realise it wasn't the same thing! Good to know.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Hi Mij,

I have taken GcMAF for over a year and am in touch with many others who take it. Your friend really needs some good medical testing to determine if they will do well on GcMAF. It is tricky to manage and an experienced doctor can help a lot.

If you have high inflammation (inflammatory cytokines), high C4a, soluble CD 14, or TGF-Beta 1--all these can make it more difficult to handle. High inflammation could counter-indicate GcMAF as could Lyme disease and co-infections. Those with Lyme disease can feel worse on GcMAF initially. It looks like treating Lyme before taking GcMAF works better.

There are other sources of GcMAF as well. If you would like more information, look for me on chat or send me a "conversation."

Best wishes,
Sushi

Mij

Hi Sushi, thanks for this information. I forwarded it my friend. I think he'll have to contact you directly since I don't understand most of this. thank you for sharing :)

Mij

Sasha, the ebay link you posted is different from the seller (enlander) who was auctioning it a while back no? Who is selling this now? sh/he has 0 feedback.

Dan_USAAZ

I have ordered twice from http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/. Their website provides a lot of useful information. I am working with two doctors, but neither has had patients on GcMAF before. In my case, it is me educating my doctors and training them on the protocol.

I agree with Xandoff, you should get a Nagalase test before treatment. My approach to treatment is dependent on Nagalase testing. Although the validity of the test has been called into question, I believe it is all I have to go on. My personal approach is that I would not have gone on GcMAF if my Nagalase was not over .60. As I progress with GcMAF treatment, I will use Nagalase test results to determine if I continue at full dose, reduce dose and/or stagger does or discontinue.

I get my Nagalase test from the following lab in the US.

http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/

A doctor will need to contact them in order to request the test.

I am also considering ordering GcMAF from a Japanese company, but am not yet comfortable with their product description. Specifically, what is meant by “second generation GcMAF”. They have published two completely different explanations as to what this means. Until I get clarification of this, I am not pursuing their product.

http://www.saisei-mirai.or.jp/gan/macrophage_eng.html

Sushi

Hi Sushi, thanks for this information. I forwarded it my friend. I think he'll have to contact you directly since I don't understand most of this. thank you for sharing :)

I forgot to mention nagalase testing. Dan is right, high nagalase is one thing that predicts success with GcMAF. Normal nagalase...well makes GcMAF less likely to work.

Best,
Sushi

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Sasha, the ebay link you posted is different from the seller (enlander) who was auctioning it a while back no? Who is selling this now? sh/he has 0 feedback.

Hi Mij - I'm afraid I don't know. I didn't see the previous listing. If you're interested in it, it's probably best to contact Dr Enlander's office and ask if it's them and if not, ask to order it direct from their office.

Dan_USAAZ

Because I made reference to the Japanese GcMAF, Sushi PMed me with an important reminder that I will share with any of you that might be looking at their product. One of their descriptions of “second generation GcMAF” is that their unique production process creates a medication that has 10 to 20 times (1500-2500ng per dose) the active GcMAF compared to the other GcMAF products on the market. While this may sound look a good thing, it could create potential problems for specific patients.

1- You do not know exactly how much active GcMAF will be in a dose, but it will be a lot. 1500 to 2500ng is a wide range.
2- There is a significantly large subset of patients that are not able to tolerate even a small dose of GcMAF, much less the 100ng per week that has been traditionally defined as the standard dose for other illnesses. This group of patients suffer from severe inflammation with larger doses and some can only tolerate 10 to 20ng per week. Some even less.

I believe that I am one of the fortunate ones that can tolerate the full (100ng) dose of GcMAF. I definitely experience some inflammation, but it is tolerable. For those of us that can tolerate the higher doses, the Japanese GcMAF may be a product to look at. Also, when I contacted the company, they indicated that they would split their dose vial into two dose vials each containing 750 to 1250ng. This is still very high. It also makes it more affordable, as you could have a 16 week course of medication for about the same price as the 8 week course from gcmaf.eu.

I am still not prepared to order from the Japanese company due in part to what I mentioned in my previous post. I also have not been able to find any other patients (HIV, cancer, other), much less ME patients that have used their product. I’m not sure I am ready to be the first PR member to do so. Maybe these posts will bring others forward. I believe there was one other member that indicated he/she was going to order from Saisei Mirai, but they have not checked back in.

Sushi

Because I made reference to the Japanese GcMAF, Sushi PMed me with an important reminder that I will share with any of you that might be looking at their product. One of their descriptions of “second generation GcMAF” is that their unique production process creates a medication that has 10 to 20 times (1500-2500ng per dose) the active GcMAF compared to the other GcMAF products on the market. While this may sound look a good thing, it could create potential problems for specific patients.

1- You do not know exactly how much active GcMAF will be in a dose, but it will be a lot. 1500 to 2500ng is a wide range.
2- There is a significantly large subset of patients that are not able to tolerate even a small dose of GcMAF, much less the 100ng per week that has been traditionally defined as the standard dose for other illnesses. This group of patients suffer from severe inflammation with larger doses and some can only tolerate 10 to 20ng per week. Some even less.

I believe that I am one of the fortunate ones that can tolerate the full (100ng) dose of GcMAF. I definitely experience some inflammation, but it is tolerable. For those of us that can tolerate the higher doses, the Japanese GcMAF may be a product to look at. Also, when I contacted the company, they indicated that they would split their dose vial into two dose vials each containing 750 to 1250ng. This is still very high. It also makes it more affordable, as you could have a 16 week course of medication for about the same price as the 8 week course from gcmaf.eu.

I am still not prepared to order from the Japanese company due in part to what I mentioned in my previous post. I also have not been able to find any other patients (HIV, cancer, other), much less ME patients that have used their product. I’m not sure I am ready to be the first PR member to do so. Maybe these posts will bring others forward. I believe there was one other member that indicated he/she was going to order from Saisei Mirai, but they have not checked back in.

You could order the half-vial and dilute it with sterile saline to get the dose you wanted. A bit of a pain, but a possibility--and you might need a compounding pharmacy to help you with a sterile dilution.

I tried one dose at 100 ng and did not tolerate that dose at all! So, I am not the right person to be a guinea pig here!

Sushi

Nico

http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/

This is the website where my Doctor had me order my GcMAF. It is from Belgium but they are out of England and take credit cards over the phone to simplify ordering. Very convenient. England. They just shipped my second order. They are very effecient and pleasent to deal with. Your friend needs to have a Nagalase Test before Treatment. They need to see a real ME CFS Doctor. I suggest trying to locate one for your friend on the Co-Cure List that list ME CFS Docs by State in the U.S. It cost about $875.00 a vial, each vile contains 8 weekly doses. Hope this helps.

A little troubled by the fact that they cite "CFS/XMRV"... It appears the site has not been updated since the full retraction of the "XMRV Study". (I'm reading the side effects page) -- also, I read 1 study where Vitamin D toxicity is an issue; not mentioned here. http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109&Itemid=50

Xandoff

Michael
Nico,

I really can't understand where you are coming from. GcMAF is a natural substance in your body. I was found XMRV POSITIVE in 2010, but that is now another one of the fifty shades of gray that dominate our untreated landscape. I still don't understand why my body has a lab virus or mouse virus in it but then I don't understand much about this illness except that what one thinks is UP is actually DOWN. Until the entire medical community embraces this real disease we are at the mercy of many conflicting theories.I have taken 21 shots of GcMAF and my immune system is changing. Good Luck Nico, I wish you all the good health you can take!

GcMAF Australia

The japanese suppliers should be reliable, even though they do not assay the amount of GcMAF.
They are the nation that discovered it.
Also regardless of the problem with the potency because everone is different we all need to start a low dose,
and everyone has to work out their own tolerances
All the best

Sushi

The japanese suppliers should be reliable, even though they do not assay the amount of GcMAF.
They are the nation that discovered it.
Also regardless of the problem with the potency because everone is different we all need to start a low dose,
and everyone has to work out their own tolerances
All the best

But when the lowest dose they supply is 1500 ng (!) :aghhh: you would need to take it to a compounding pharmacy to lower the dose enough to be tolerable. And, the dose they supply could be anywhere from 1500 - 2500 ng--and they can't tell you how much you would be getting.

From my experience, that could pretty much kill an ME patient, when many of us are sensitive to a difference in 5 ng in dosing.

Sushi