• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What happened to my body as a result of taking the C19 Vaccine?

IThinkImTurningJapanese

I don't think I'm familiar with your specific ME interventions, C. Cat .... when you have a mo and the energy, I'd be truly grateful ...:hug::hug::hug:

I'm taking a TCM formulation that started my recovery, the most powerful ingredient being Aconitum Carmichaelii.

I also am taking Cistus Incanus and Scutellaria Baicalensis.

I consume green tea daily and sunbath every sunny day along with daily Vit. D supplements. I'm also taking NAD+ precursors, NR, NMN.

COVID-19: NAD+ deficiency may predispose the aged, obese and type2 diabetics to mortality through its effect on SIRT1 activity

I'm taking PQQ and Ubiquinol. Did I forget Miyarisan? Ohh, Trans-Resveratrol and Trimethyglycine (Thanks Judy).

Now I'm out of breath, in spite of the fact that this regimen has effectively eliminated air hunger.

Lieselotte

In addition to testing to testing for COVID, You might do quantitative PCR tests for herpes family viruses that you may have had in the past, including shingles, HHV6, Epstein-Barr, cytomegalovirus... My vaccines reactivated my HHV6, which I've been dealing with ever since, and there are many reports of it reactivating shingles. Any of these could lead to increased symptoms including fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, etc.

I have seen this in two people. One (non-CFS person) got the vaccines and developed Bell's Palsy, which can be caused by HHV1.
Another friend of mine had a reactivation of HHV6 and EBV after getting the vaccines. The first shot put her in bed for 3 days and the second gave her fever, vomiting and again days in bed. She is on the very mild spectrum of CFS.

Might be worth looking into what popped it's head up when you got the jab.

Woof!

@Dr.Lynne
Very cool ..... purrrrrrrr ..... I actually belev that verterinarians training is often more relevant than a lot of whatever med schools are graduating right now, doncha' know .....

:hug: Learning about various creatures gives vets a chance to develop a more rounded perspective than MDs have, but being willing to learn from the critters, themselves, especially those of different cultures, is what makes the best vets, handlers & pet-owners. (That last part is just MHO - grin)

Woof!

I have seen this in two people. One (non-CFS person) got the vaccines and developed Bell's Palsy, which can be caused by HHV1.
Which vaccine did she get? My mother has had Bell's Palsy, and it's been hard to decide whether to get her vaccinated or not. She doesn't go anywhere with the exception of once-a-month 6am grocery shopping when few are in the store.

Lieselotte

@Dr.Lynne it was one of the mRNA vaccines. I want to say Moderna, but I'm not positive.

Poor mom, it must be hard for her. At least if Bell's pops up, hopefully you guys have a good idea of what worked to get her better last time.:hug:

hapl808

Learning about various creatures gives vets a chance to develop a more rounded perspective than MDs have, but being willing to learn from the critters, themselves, especially those of different cultures, is what makes the best vets, handlers & pet-owners. (That last part is just MHO - grin)

And vets aren't allowed to say, "There's nothing wrong with your dog - he's losing weight and having digestive problems and can't make it up stairs because he's a hypochondriac." So it's much tougher. :)

Woof!

@Dr.Lynne it was one of the mRNA vaccines. I want to say Moderna, but I'm not positive.
A few more vaccinated people in the original vaccine studies (verses the unvaccinated controls) came down with Bell's Palsy. If your friend was in the study, she's one of them. If not, did her MD report her Bells Palsy to the CDC? I'm pretty sure it's one of the things on their "must report" list. Eek!

Lieselotte

@Dr.Lynne I'm not sure if it was reported. My sister-in-law is a nurse and it was one of her nurse buddies, so I sure hope so. I told her, sounds like HHV1 tell your buddy to get checked out/get anti-virals. The connection was news to her. Conventional medicine people, sigh :meh:

Jacque

Hi @ Guwop2 , I had the second dose of the AZ vaccine 3 months and one week ago, my reaction after the first one was 2 days of feeling quite viral/fluey but back to baseline (moderate ME) within the week. After the second shot, exactly the same, BUT one week after the 2nd dose I developed what felt like a really nasty virus, unlike any other I've experienced, major swollen glands, base of throat very sore and tender, abject exhaustion, sleeping all the time. The first GP I spoke to tentatively accepted it was due to the vaccine, and put that on my sick note for work, Three weeks later the symptoms were still there, I saw an actual GP face to face and he said it was a viral infection. The viral symptoms slowly cleared up but I've been left in a major ME relapse, gone from moderate (I was working 22 hrs per week) to being mostly in bed and have no capacity for activity beyond about 30 mins per day, and not all at once; this includes things like making a cup of tea or having a shower. It's bad, don't know when or if I'll be able to work again. N.B. I really don't want to put anyone off getting vaccinated, and for what it's worth, I think I still did the right thing, making my decision on the best evidence available.
Ughhh Thank you for sharing your story and I hope things have gotten better… This is why I still have not gotten vaccinated… I know how sensitive my body is and I just can't handle going any further down! Making the right decision with this it's just impossible

Guwop2

Hey, I had my first Biontech nearly five weeks ago. First day flu-like, since then still recovering fatigue-wise. My guess is that the immune activation doesn't calm down / needs longer to calm down. Which either worsens the basic mechanism (whatever that is) of ME, or it brought the body into that monocyte-blood vessel mechanism Bruce Patterson just proposed for Long Covid. He sais this can happen after the vaccine, too.

Just been down a Bruce Patterson rabbit hole (on twitter and youtube). Seems like he has a lot of fans and support from verified wingnuts. I would like to believe he is going to lead us out from the dark into the light, but my instincts sense something wrong here (perhaps only because ive been hopeful before)... but what do people think about him, B Patterson? Is he an effective force for good, or is he 95% hype in a time of abject desperation?

Woof!

After months of back and forth hemming and hawing, I've scheduled my first Covid vax tomorrow at the local health deparment - Moderna. Sure hope all my worries about weird reactions are for naught. The last injection I got (Prolia, an monoclonal antibody approach to osteoperosis) gave me horrible side effects - hip pain, knee pain and horribly stiff fingers that lock painfully to this day, 1+ years later.

Once bitten by high-tech pharmacology, twice shy.

seamyb

I'm taking a TCM formulation that started my recovery, the most powerful ingredient being Aconitum Carmichaelii.

I also am taking Cistus Incanus and Scutellaria Baicalensis.

I consume green tea daily and sunbath every sunny day along with daily Vit. D supplements. I'm also taking NAD+ precursors, NR, NMN.
COVID-19: NAD+ deficiency may predispose the aged, obese and type2 diabetics to mortality through its effect on SIRT1 activity

I'm taking PQQ and Ubiquinol. Did I forget Miyarisan? Ohh, Trans-Resveratrol and Trimethyglycine (Thanks Judy).

Now I'm out of breath, in spite of the fact that this regimen has effectively eliminated air hunger.

Any idea which of these fixed the air hunger?