• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What happened to my body as a result of taking the C19 Vaccine?

BrightCandle

After seeing here, Reddit and other forums that a number of people appeared to be having ME like symptoms from the vaccine I got interested in getting some idea of how prevalent the issue was. The NHS hasn't been good about long covid information so I didn't anticipate them having a thorough count, it would underestimate it likely drastically, but I expected at least in asking them about vaccine injuries that I would get something. Alas despite various attempts at every more specific questions and also trying to work out a way to maybe get to data with general drug injuries and side effects queries I got nothing. The NHS keeps telling me they are not collecting this data. That is either true and quite negligent or they are keeping it secret in breach of FOIA legislation. They claim not to have such information.

I thought people should know about the inquiries even if in the end I have failed. I spent several weeks of various requests to try and ascertain the size of the problem. I still can't quite see how the government knew they had 28 blood clots from AZ earlier this year and yet the NHS is not collecting any vaccine injury data and couldn't even provide the underlying data for that claim. Its secret or the blood clot data was a lie or maybe they really are that negligent. Regardless I can't work out how to get it.

hapl808

I would imagine they are not collecting the data. For one thing, they mostly don't believe in CFS/ME. So in their minds, why would they collect data about a disease that isn't real. To the degree they think it's real, they have the myopic and oxymoronic view that, "We don't know what causes ME/CFS, but it definitely isn't related to vaccination so we don't even need to study that."

Again, this is the problem for a disorder without biomarkers. Even if you weren't an arrogant physician, how would you go about collecting this data? It's quite a difficult study to design.

andyguitar

I still can't quite see how the government knew they had 28 blood clots from AZ earlier this year and yet the NHS is not collecting any vaccine injury data and couldn't even provide the underlying data for that claim.
I would imagine they are not collecting the data.
Looks like it's not the NHS that collects this sort of information. It's the Medicines And Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) which is probably part of the Dept of Health, not the NHS.