• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What do you eat for breakfast?

sensing progress

i see! instead of an 'egg cup' you can also use 'egg pants' =)

egg_pants_01.jpg

Jody

I'm low carb. The standard breakfasts would make me ill. I'll usually eat reheated leftovers from dinner the night before.

My first summer low carb, when we found it made such a difference in how I felt, my husband barbecued a steak or pork chops for me every morning. :D

Probably my favourite breakfast would be a steak with butter and mushrooms, or leftover roast beef with the jus ... or barbecued chicken wings.:D Stir fried veggies with some strips of pork or beef (no rice) sounds really good too. :Retro smile:

Min

I have recently started to eat unsweetened porridge/oatmeal (it can be made with water, doesn't need milk) & blueberries` - yummy

Jody

Forgot to mention ...

A glass of filtered water with probiotics powder (just started that this week). Tsp. of omega-3 oil (fish oil), and later a glass of filtered water with a slice of lemon (no skin). I'll replenish the water all day with the same piece of lemon. At the end of the day, I eat the lemon.:Retro smile:

It is alkalinizing, it is mild but refreshing and may be the only thing I've ever had that actually quenches my thirst. And I take vitamin D and ashwagandha (adaptogen).

Was taking a spoonful of coconut oil but I ran out. Tastes ghastly but I have heard good things about it so will probably force myself to do it again ...:rolleyes:

Tony

Still working on it all..
How about some good kangaroo meat with shiitake mushrooms and spinach leaves... Grass fed meat, very healthy stuff, sold in our supermarkets nowadays...:)

gregf

Breakfast ?

That's the middle of the night for me.

I get up, go back to sleep, get up again, get ready, go out for lunch and later have dinner.
Two meals a day.

You guys having breakfast, are you sure you have ME ? :tear:

Whey protein powder in coffee, or juice along with the mega load of vitamins. Most protein powders do not contain vitamins. It works for later in the day too when I've lost my appetite for anything else. When I am having a very bad day Starbuck's latte and chocolate protein powder is awesome.

L'engle

moogle
Whey protein powder in coffee, or juice along with the mega load of vitamins. Most protein powders do not contain vitamins. It works for later in the day too when I've lost my appetite for anything else. When I am having a very bad day Starbuck's latte and chocolate protein powder is awesome.

I love protein powder. I had no appetite yesterday but was able to keep drinking it all day and didn't get too hungry. Kaizen brand is sweetened with stevia and has no sucralose or sugar.

yogurt or eggs or nuts

If you can't tolerate dairy you can't probably tolerate yogurt though, because the fermentation process makes yogurt very low in casein
I can't have breakfast when I wake up because it makes me sick, probably the combination of feeling tired from recovering from sleep and sending all the blood flow the stomach. Animals and tribal populations don't eat first thing in the morning, we don't need to. The proof is that when a person have his blood tested in the morning after a night fast, his blood sugar is normal (unless he has diabetes or other pathologies) meaning we don't need breakfast to raise a low blood sugar.

So I wait two or three hours to have breakfast, which becomes like middle morning snack at school.
I can't have many carbs in the morning, they make me sleep and excerbate my brain fog and muscle soreness.
I tolerate more carbs and sugar in the evening or even late afternoon, but morning I have to stick with proteins or fats, at most a small slice of bread.
Fruit is a no no for me in the morning.