• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WatchME: A cool Apple Watch app for pacing!

Pyrrhus

I just stumbled across a new Apple app called "WatchME" in the app store, to be used for pacing in ME:
https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/watchme/id1583153009

1634269160906.png

WatchME said:
For people living with ME/CFS or Long Covid. If you have an Apple Watch/iPhone, you might like to try the new app "WatchME".

This app helps you to pace and stay within your energy envelope. Use your phone and watch to monitor your daily heart rate, steps and distance.

Free & no advertising/data collection.

Integrated with HealthKit.

Here are some screenshots:
1634269499946.png

If anyone tries this, please let me know how it goes.
I'm hoping to get an Apple watch soon to try it out.

Abrin

This looks fantastic. Can low tech people like me who don't have an apple watch and no intention of getting one use it?

My guess is no because it says 'Integrated with HealthKit'.

HealthKit provides a central repository for health and fitness data on iPhone and Apple Watch so my guess is that the code base will only work with Apple hardware.

BrightCandle

I am mid development one for Android Watch OS 2 that monitors heart rate and stress/HRV and vibrates when you exceed your set limit. I'll release it free of charge. I know what I want here is just a phone feature that vibrates when I exceed my limit without invoking the phones sensor any more than its normal.

Not as extensive as this Apple app but more focused on the essential thing we need for continuous all day monitoring without killing the battery on a wide range of devices. Its just slow going as my brain is kind of mush, before ME this is something I would have knocked out in an afternoon but its a lot harder with brain fog and nap times. It will run on lower end watches like the Amazfit GTR2e I have which you can pick up for under 100 notes now.

Pyrrhus

I am mid development one for Android Watch OS 2 that monitors heart rate and stress/HRV and vibrates when you exceed your set limit. I'll release it free of charge. I know what I want here is just a phone feature that vibrates when I exceed my limit without invoking the phones sensor any more than its normal.

Very cool!

I finally broke down and went "full Apple" (was hanging on to my Samsung S8 for as long as I could). I just setup my Apple watch yesterday and have downloaded this app, but have not yet figured out my optimal thresholds. I'll give it some time and report back. Thanks for sharing this! :)