Vitamin D sensitivity

You mean over the course of 5 weeks? What was your daily dosage?
Daily dosage starting with 5,000 and upping to 40,000 at some point.
UnFortunately I did not notice the side effects that strongly and could not relate to it until I took this high dosage, when my body was full of vitamin D :(

Ps: This was following the Coimbra protocol

PeterPositive

Daily dosage starting with 5,000 and upping to 40,000 at some point.
UnFortunately I did not notice the side effects that strongly and could not relate to it until I took this high dosage, when my body was full of vitamin D :(
Yeah, that's the problem with supplements, you can overdose. And vitamin D accumulates, it's not water soluble as the Bs and Vit C.

As @aaron_c suggested using an UVB lamp can help you with a vit D deficiency without the risk of overdose, and if you take a bit of sun, even better! 20-30 minutes every day in the good season can do a lot.

I have used a mix of sun + UVB lamp to recover a total Vit D deficiency back in 2015 and it worked just fine, in 5 months I went from 0 to 45. No side effects, besides a tan :)

If you want to read about it see this post:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ce-with-uvb-lamp-for-raising-vitamin-d.41202/

Although I guess at this point, you don't really need any more vit D in your system!

good luck

Thought I'd bump this as I have an issue and wondered if any further info on this had come to light. A year or two ago I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency and given a megadose treatment to fix it, which it did. I was worried about taking it as previous experiences with supplements had left me feeling more ill, but for some reason that didn't happen with the megadoses.

Recently I decided to start supplementing with D3 again (small dose) but unfortunately suffered the same old reaction. I've tried different brands, I've tried tablets and capsules, every time the result is the same - I feel a new and quite unpleasant fatigue and worsening of symptoms.

Why would I get this from low dose over-the-counter D3 but not prescribed megadoses? Doesn't make sense to me.

Pyrrhus

Recently I decided to start supplementing with D3 again (small dose) but unfortunately suffered the same old reaction. I've tried different brands, I've tried tablets and capsules, every time the result is the same - I feel a new and quite unpleasant fatigue and worsening of symptoms.
I don't have an answer, but I also took vitamin D in the past without any (obvious) problems. These days, however, I am very sensitive and get a worsening of symptoms from a single dose that can last a couple weeks.

The only explanation for my experience is that my nutritional status has improved over the years, so my immune system may be stronger and better able to respond to vitamin D. But that's really just a guess...