• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there a vegan Vitamin D supplement without fat/MCT?

linusbert

i suspect coconut products and MCT to trigger my allergy/histamine/mast cell problems.
but i need vitamin D to regulate the immune system to reduce those - which worked 1-2 years ago but doesnt anymore.

i had a similiar problem with a K2mk4 product causing me massive stomach pain and issues and more MAST symptoms. it was using palmtreeoil . when switching to a different brand without palmtreeoil, non of those symptoms happend anymore.
(when product contains MCT without clarifying source it could be palmtree(kernel)oil. what is weird is that i tolerate normal coconut mct oil much better - but still not god enough)

also i am allergic to lanolin/sheep wool.

does somebody know a good clean product with just VEGAN source of vitamin D3?

this thread is somewhat related to:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/vitamin-d-sensitivity.37336

Last edited:

Nord Wolf

The Northman
My wife and I take Bio Tech brand Vitamin D3. All it contains is Vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol. It is very clean, Non-GMO, Gluten free, no dairy, eggs, shellfish, nuts, wheat, soy, sugar, yeast or artificial colors. They are based out of Fayetteville Arizona.

linusbert

My wife and I take Bio Tech brand Vitamin D3. All it contains is Vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol. It is very clean, Non-GMO, Gluten free, no dairy, eggs, shellfish, nuts, wheat, soy, sugar, yeast or artificial colors. They are based out of Fayetteville Arizona.
that one looks actually quite good.
i can't find the source of it . it says vegetarian, but this could include lanolin as well as the animal isnt hurt.

Nord Wolf

The Northman
that one looks actually quite good.
i can't find the source of it . it says vegetarian, but this could include lanolin as well as the animal isnt hurt.
IF it contains lanolin (I don't know), the source for such is typically from sheered sheep wool, not sheep harvested for meat. Breeds of sheep are specifically raised for their wool rather than meat. I would think Bio Tech would use "cruelty-free wool" for their lanolin source beings they are big into purity... again, IF they use lanolin at all.

linusbert

IF it contains lanolin (I don't know), the source for such is typically from sheered sheep wool, not sheep harvested for meat. Breeds of sheep are specifically raised for their wool rather than meat. I would think Bio Tech would use "cruelty-free wool" for their lanolin source beings they are big into purity... again, IF they use lanolin at all.
ah ok, so than it cointains lanolin. lanolin is the fat from the sheeps wool. it produces it itself.

Nord Wolf

The Northman
lanolin is the fat from the sheeps wool. it produces it itself.
Correct. Up the road is a woman with three sheep. She uses the wool to make clothing, and she makes clothes for me when I ask. She also extracts the lanolin from some of the wool and I buy that from her as well. I use lanolin as a base to make all natural beard wax for myself since my beard dries out in the winter months. Even use it on my hands if they are dry in winter. I also use lanolin to treat my wooden canes, walking staffs, wooden bowls, etc. It is great stuff!

linusbert

Correct. Up the road is a woman with three sheep. She uses the wool to make clothing, and she makes clothes for me when I ask. She also extracts the lanolin from some of the wool and I buy that from her as well. I use lanolin as a base to make all natural beard wax for myself since my beard dries out in the winter months. Even use it on my hands if they are dry in winter. I also use lanolin to treat my wooden canes, walking staffs, wooden bowls, etc. It is great stuff!

yes it is, as long as you are not allergic to it.