• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vaccine-triggered CFS linked to nasopharynx inflammation, and 81% cured or improved by treating this nasopharyngitis

godlovesatrier

Pretty convinced I have this due to my feeling inflamed in the throat area when on work calls this single symptom is tons worse post COVId. I've also got very bad noise sensitivity, clearing my throat a lot and have very recently had a lot of phlegm back there. Maybe it will improve my response to season colds as well. As I get them all the time and they make the long covid much worse.

Am also hoping it might improve my chronic allergy reactions but that's prob wishful thinking.

godlovesatrier

@Hip

This is super interesting https://www.proquest.com/docview/2706242211?sourcetype=Scholarly Journals

This study shows that il-6 is lowered by EAT and il-6 is a huge contributor to allergic response to allergens and of course ebv loves il-6 too and il-6 is raised in long covid patients who don't respond to boosters (iwasaki 2023).

So I'm quite excited about this treatment now. It seems like the most plausible attack vector for the chronic congestion (much milder this week) which I think is due to a reservoir in the tissues EAT gets at. When I take low dose hydrocortisone my symptoms of brainfog almost entirely vanish for an hour. But then I crash of course probably due to immune suppression.

If you search the study for allergies you'll find the il-6 citation for EAT with the relevant paper as well.

hapl808

Has anyone discussed with Dr Hotta recently or seen recent reports from patients? Didn't we have a forum member who received the treatment in Japan and didn't improve - I can't remember exactly.

Since my onset was temporally consistent with the Hep B vaccine, and I have a lot of postnasal acid reflux issues, it really interests me. If I were less sick I would travel to Japan for it, but if I were less sick I guess I might not need it.