• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Tracking CCI / AAI MRI & Treatment outcomes

I have been tested for CCI / AAI / Chiari / Spinal Stenosis with specific scans and tested

• Positive

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • Negative

Votes: 23 24.7%

• Total voters

rel8ted

Is your conclusion that the surgery made you worse?
Not worse per se. I had a badly deteriorated disc that needed replacing, the instability was causing cord compression. Although I was assured at my follow-up that I should return to my "normal," I cannot lift more than about 10 pounds comfortably and I have less energy for sure. Was hoping for some brain fog and reduction of neuro symptoms, but that did not happen. I have less pain in the area of the replaced disk, but much, much, much more pronounced tethered cord symptoms. I would have the ACDF again knowing all of this, but there was a significant amount of cord compression. In other words, because it was pretty much not an option, I do not regret it, but would not recommend it unless it were for dire circumstances. I hope that all made sense.

Not worse per se. I had a badly deteriorated disc that needed replacing, the instability was causing cord compression. Although I was assured at my follow-up that I should return to my "normal," I cannot lift more than about 10 pounds comfortably and I have less energy for sure. Was hoping for some brain fog and reduction of neuro symptoms, but that did not happen. I have less pain in the area of the replaced disk, but much, much, much more pronounced tethered cord symptoms. I would have the ACDF again knowing all of this, but there was a significant amount of cord compression. In other words, because it was pretty much not an option, I do not regret it, but would not recommend it unless it were for dire circumstances. I hope that all made sense.
Thanks for ur honesty...