• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

Thanks @Lieselotte for your updates! I just finished up a vial of Epithalon. I was taking between .3 and .5 per day. A few things I noticed. Living in the desert and being over 40 my skin is normally very dry and that has gotten so much better! I also can attest to not having as severe crashes. I just returned from a VERY active and hectic family trip. I was tired but not like I would normally be. I was hoping for better results in the deep sleep department as others have mentioned but that hasn't been my case. On the upside, I don't wake up AS tired and I have more energy first thing than I used to. I also think that it's regulating my hormones a bit. I am staying on this one for sure to see where it goes. I have not had any negative side effects and I am quick to everything.

Lieselotte

@Wendi C I'm glad you have seen some positive results! I actually think my hair is more dry feeling. :eek:

@BenFromNZ I took it in the evening. I don't think it matters when you take it, unless you notice it makes you sleepy or something like that.

Typically, Epithalon is done in cycles of 10-20 days. Not-sick people will do ~2-3 cycles a year. So there isn't a need to do 50-100 days of it. You can start with 20 and see what happens.

I am not sensitive to a lot of medications. But I am sensitive to things related to my hormones, and this didn't seem to affect them negatively.

BenFromNZ

@Lieselotte Hey thanks for that. I've read a few people's experience on reddit who got insomnia at night time and read somewhere it was advised to take it in the morning because it can cause that for some people. So I was curious if either of you had taken it at night and at that lower dose not had a problem. Glad its been ok for you.

I'm aware of the typical usage, unfortunately I have a weird issue with my CFS that complicates things. If I try a treatment, and if it helps me, but I come off it for even a week , it not only doesnt work anymore but it makes me worse. This has happened so many times now, its like my immune system creates a reaction to things that help me. As long as I keep taking even a small amount every days or so, my body will allow me to keep taking it and get the benefit - but as soon as I go off it for a week -its over for that treatment from then on. I've had years of experience discovering that this is how my body responds to things. So I'm at the point where I have to take a different way than the norm if I want to get benefits from treatments, so I plan on taking this at much smaller doses than typical but over the long term (if it gives me improvement).

BenFromNZ

I just thought I should mention, since we are talking about peptides, that I take Cerebrolysin (3ml every 5 days by IM injection). It has gotten me out of bed and talking and even able to go out for walksand socialize a bit more (mainly at home) A huge quality of life difference for me. I have been on it for over a year now I think. I did get even more benefit originally at a higher dose but discovered it can give me anxiety at higher doses so have settled on my current dose.

Last edited:

junkcrap50

Where is everyone getting there peptides from? My MD's prices are just obscenely high..
I get mine wholesale (as my parent is an MD) from Tailor Made Pharmacy. It costs me $130 per vial. They recommend MDs charge at least $260 per vial. Many clinic charge even more.

I have had success ordering from https://www.peptidesciences.com/ on a different peptide (MT2) but you need to assess you own risk as it is NOT a pharmacy and their products are NOT intended for human use. But they seemed like the best out of all the online peptide shops when I researched several of them.

The Internatoinal Peptide Society lists several accredited pharmacies, that I assume, sell peptides. You could try calling those pharmacies for pricing. It'll likely be cheaper since you're not buying it through a doctor's office.

junkcrap50

@junkcrap50 - I appreciate your input and honesty.. I suppose, like others in my same sick-boat, at this stage, you're willing to try anything, even if it's "at your own risk".
Well if you decide to order from a research peptide website, email/call them asking where the peptides are manufactured (USA or China?), proof of purity, their methods to maintain sterility, and anything else you can think of. Avoid any sites that refuse or are reluctant to provide information.

I would then google "[research peptide website] + reviews" and see what turns up. A lot of bodybuilders and steroid users online mention their sources and quality of product on different forums. So if there is a recent mention/review, then it might be more reassuring that he/she had no complications or problems. (But those bodybuilders/steroid users are far more reckless in what they inject/ingest.

BenFromNZ

A lot of the online "research" peptide websites get caught out selling bunk product, or have a good rep for a while and then have bad batches. Some have been caught out making up fake third party lab test so you have to be really careful and make sure you do a lot of research on them. Ultimately it would be best to use a compound pharmacy like Tailor made. Unfortunately they will not ship to me in NZ. However I agree with @junkcrap50 that of all the "research" peptide suppliers peptidesciences has a good reputation. I am currently trying to find reputable pharmaceutical companies in india and china that produce peptides - that way I don't have to rely on one of these websites but instead just find products produced by those companies. A couple I am looking at have verification codes for checking the product is genuine , but even then the products are still labeled as not for human consumption. I plan on sending some samples from these suppliers to a third party lab before I fully trust them. But ultimately I'll probably end up taking some risk, because - well I'm sick and want to get better.

I couldn't emphasize strongly enough how careful people have to be with trusting what the research chem sites claim about their products. Most are selling stuff from china, and quality can vary. Some peptides are made with trifluoroacetic acid which is not safe for injection (but fine for lab work). In some cases the chinese suppliers will send purchasers (peptide research suppliers) good samples but when they start supplying them with bigger orders they switch it out for bunk product, and this ends up being sold from these research stores, which may be claiming "USA made" etc. China is notorious for making up fake labs results too.

The cerebrolysin I order from russia from nootropicspot.com and pay with bitcoin. It is a genuine pharmaceutical with a long track record of safety and use (since the 1950's)

If people want a safer way of trying peptides than research sites then I would recommend reading about Khavison bioregulator peptides. He was one of the original russian researchers of peptides and they have developed oral products. I'm not sure how effective they are orally, but people seem to get good results from what I have read, and they are regulated as a dietary supplement in russia.

Last edited:

junkcrap50

I am currently trying to find reputable pharmaceutical companies in india and china that produce peptides - that way I don't have to rely on one of these websites but instead just find products produced by those companies.
If your searching for TA1, there is a prescription pharmaceutical drug of TA1, called Zadaxin. Might be available from Indian drug companies.

BenFromNZ

If your searching for TA1, there is a prescription pharmaceutical drug of TA1, called Zadaxin. Might be available from Indian drug companies.

There was a version called Thymoliv made by Sun Pharma (India), but I think they have discontinued. It was a legit Rx required one. But most suppliers online are showing not available - and one that originally said they could get it have just told me they can't supply it anymore. I haven't found any other Indian version at this stage. I'm planning on going the peptide sciences route at this point for that one. Another company called limitlesslifenootropics.com sells it for around half the price of peptidesciences , but without 3rd party lab results it would be a risk as we've previously mentioned.

Last edited:

Lieselotte

@Wendi C I can attest that the BPC 157 I got from peptidesciences was good. Haven't tried any other stuff from them though. My Epitahlon came from my NAD supplier.

I've gone down the reddit rabbit hole researching what people say about other peptide sites, and it's varied. One that seems to have better reviews is xpeptides. I'll prob try them at some point. @BenFromNZ they might be a good one to do your outside testing on.

BenFromNZ

@Wendi C I can attest that the BPC 157 I got from peptidesciences was good. Haven't tried any other stuff from them though. My Epitahlon came from my NAD supplier.

I've gone down the reddit rabbit hole researching what people say about other peptide sites, and it's varied. One that seems to have better reviews is xpeptides. I'll prob try them at some point. @BenFromNZ they might be a good one to do your outside testing on.

Yeah. Next to peptides sciences they (xpeptides) seems to have a good rep. I actually have an email chain with Jason the owner where I bring questions to him regarding these issues. I decided to not use them for now because if I can get a (good quality) source from one of these Chinese’s or Indian pharmas it will save a lot more money. Unfortunately he doesn’t sell Thymosin alpha 1 either and said he can’t get it for me. He does post lab tests for some of their batches

I just received my first vial from Peptide Sciences. Its SUPER small compared to the one from Tailor Made. Are you suppose to reconstitute in a larger bottle?