• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

ZeroGravitas

@ZeroGravitas What do you think?
Thanks for the tag. It does seem very relevant to @HTester's IDO metabolic trap theory/thread, too (where I waded in with a load of naive questions).

Peptide therapies are new to me, but this medical approach sounds immensely promising (from that link, thanks). Moving away from the typical, insanely expensive blockbuster drug development, towards more precisely targeted (and better tolerated) substances.:)

Not sure I could inject myself (every day), squeamish and sensitive as I am. Maybe a nasal spray. But I've not experimented beyond the kind of supplements you can buy from Amazon. So this thread's well outside of my wheelhouse. I'm in the UK anyway (without even a nutritionist for test referals, current). But at this specific point in time, I'd probably be tempted to wait, anyway, on the research efforts to yield more definitive disease and treatment theory - I'm relatively comfortable and my life's been derailed for so long already, what's another year or few...

I mean, they're tweaking immunity, so that's a whole lot of "I don't know", but it sounds like these peptides are relatively safe to try (?), so good luck and I'm certainly interested to hear how well everyone does.:)

sb4

@ZeroGravitas Very sensible and rational approach. I have a lot of other things to do first but will keep an eye on this thread. I think sourcing it will be a pain. Suppose will just have to go off rep certain websites get on various forums.

I also live in the UK and am only seeing one set of doctors and they are not very good. I have had success in the past getting prescription drugs from abroad pharmacies so stopping at the border doesn't seem to be too big a deal.

frozenborderline

Anyone here who gets compounded bpc-157 for injection willing to sell some to me? I can’t go back to the east coast to try it. I also don’t really trust research chemical sites. I recall someone earlier posting in the thread about how their parent was a doctor and got them the best prices on the peptides from tailormade. Either way ...

frozenborderline

Unless someone has an idea of peptide sites that offer a certificate of analysis and seem really clean plus a way to inject w small enough filters to catch impurities

bread.

Unless someone has an idea of peptide sites that offer a certificate of analysis and seem really clean plus a way to inject w small enough filters to catch impurities

—>

hey, I am a follow cci patient with severe to very severe me, no chance for surgery, probably dealing with mitochondriopathy (some say yes, others say no, I do have quite severe issues with amino acids in blood and urine, they are way too high, which seems to be the opposite from me/cfs) ... long story short, do you think there are any non bogus treatment trajectories for cci other than fusion?

frozenborderline

—>

hey, I am a follow cci patient with severe to very severe me, no chance for surgery, probably dealing with mitochondriopathy (some say yes, others say no, I do have quite severe issues with amino acids in blood and urine, they are way too high, which seems to be the opposite from me/cfs) ... long story short, do you think there are any non bogus treatment trajectories for cci other than fusion?
Bpc157 has some very promising animal studies and anecdotes from humans. Also think stem Cell injections into ligamentns have promise. Neither of those have Strong evidence in humans yet but they are fairly new in their use in cci patients. I think they have promise.

bread.

Bpc157 has some very promising animal studies and anecdotes from humans. Also think stem Cell injections into ligamentns have promise. Neither of those have Strong evidence in humans yet but they are fairly new in their use in cci patients. I think they have promise.

are you going for any of these treatments? how severe is your cci? THANK YOU!

Lieselotte

@debored13 I got some BPC157 from Peptide Sciences. I am on my 9th day of injecting (the things I do for this illness...) and haven't had any bad reaction to it. Have I had any good results yet? That's TBD as nothing I can tell yet.

Archie

Is Thymic protein A something that has similar effects with Thymosin alpha 1 ?

https://www.betterhealthinternational.com/proboost-thymic-protein-a-faq

https://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/1997/7/report97/Page-01

https://www.rejuvenation-science.com/thymic-protein-a?print=yes

"Over the past six years since Thymic Protein A was introduced as an oral nutritional supplement, several human studies have further substantiated the scientific findings that this protein ALONE, in its purified state, has tremendous immune regulation capabilities as both a stimulant and a down-regulating agent, depending on the bodys requirements. Two studies were completed one involving chronic fatigue syndrome (CFIDS) which showed improvement both clinically and by diagnostic testing, the second study involving Epstein-Barr (EBV) patients, it also showed improvements both clinically and by diagnostic testing."

https://store.prohealth.com/products/proboost-thymic-protein-a-4-mcg-30-packets-n0149

New Study Shows Thymic Protein A Improves Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

https://www.newhope.com/supply-news...in-improves-symptoms-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

Last edited:

Lieselotte

@Archie that supplement looks interesting. I looked at the dosage - there is 4mcg of TPA in each packet. Given that Junkcrap was using 500mcg per injection pf Thymosin A, I don't think 4mcg is going to have anywhere near the results.

Archie

@Lieselotte i am interested about that thymic protein a , but since i dont have any experiense from thymosin alpha 1 , i would want to hear if someone here have used thymic protein a. Yes the 4mcg look's tiny , but maybe still work ? I would hate to waste money if it dont do anything.

jepps

I would rather take Thymalin than thymic protein A. Thymic protein A are thymus proteins, but thymosin alpha 1, or thymosin beta 4 or thymalin are specific peptides with specific functions.

Thymalin is most similar to thymosin alpha 1 (regarding inflammation), thymic peptide have to be injected.

There are russian bioregulatores with thymic peptides (synthetic form: crystagen, natural form: vladonix). These are capsules, but the effect is not so strong as with the injected peptides, and they have the whole spectrum of thymic peptides, not only thymalin, so they should be taken with caution.

Archie

Thymic protein A is " maybe " ? a switch to turn on normal immune system , and may work with only tiny amounts ?

"Thymic Protein A has been demonstrated to have immune-enhancing properties. A dose of a mere 4 micrograms of Thymic Protein A may make a major difference in strengthening the immune system through its T-cell “programming” role "

https://nutritionreview.org/2013/04/thymic-protein/

leela

So I started the Thymosin a1 daily six days ago. So far the only noticeable effect is that I am more tired.
I'm sticking with it because I do wonder if it has revved up my immune system and it is now in a marathon battle with the multiplicity of lingering infections.

I'm still taking the BPC157 3 days a week.

Not much of a report, but I'll update again if there's any change. I was hoping for a @junkcrap50-style next-day
rejuvenation, but no dice as yet. @junkcrap50, do/did you have a bunch of chronic infections?

junkcrap50

I was hoping for a @junkcrap50-style next-day
rejuvenation, but no dice as yet. @junkcrap50, do/did you have a bunch of chronic infections?
No. I did not. I had already been on antivirals for 2 years, did mold detox and antifungal nasal therapy for 1.5 years, and other things. The main thing was that it got rid of a lot of inflammation, like it put out a fire. I, or my doctors, have no idea what was driving so much of my inflammation, as I don't think I had any infections. It was like it was in a perpetual inflammatory loop.

It does strengthen the immune system and raise NK cells based on studies, so it may take a while for it to help kill your infections.

frozenborderline

@Hip Do you know of any websites that are supppsed to sell reputable peptides with coa and do not have bas reports? The other technical question I’m wondering about—syringe filters. I have seen .2micron syringe filters mentioned by fastidious peptide users before, and I looked them up And am still kind of confnuswd. It looks like they are mostly used in laboratory equipment and I’m unsure Howe you get syringe filters made to FIt specific syringes , etc , and if they will be useful in filtering out bacteria and impurities.

Xandoff

Michael
Is there a peptide that reduces Th1?

My limited understanding is that the Thymosin Alpha 1 Peptide restores and balances your TH-1/Th-2. I am only on my sixth injection but I feel healthy for the first time in a long time. I am know that I healing and it feels great.

This is from my post above :

Improves Th1 immune responses and helps balance Th1/Th2 o
Promotes T cell (Tregs) differentiation and maturation o
Decreases T-cell apoptosis o Improves CD3+, CD4+ and CD8+ o Improves production of IL-1 beta, IFN-γ, IL-2, IL-3, IL-6, IL-10 o Improves NK cell activity and TNF-alpha o Improves macrophages and B cells o Up regulates MHC Class I expression in antigen expressing cell o Tumor specific antigens; anti-tumor properties Inhibits viral replication o Activates indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase enzyme - dampens immunity o Improves dendritic cell tryptophan catabolism