• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

confetti11

@debored13 @jepps
I wasn’t expecting much in terms of improvement because I have tried other peptides, but this one (at this point) seems to be a game changer, and my doctor says he has seen that in patients.

I was not bed or home bound. I take care of myself and work some. But I still feel sick a lot and am nowhere close to a normal person’s functionality. I would just say that it has made me feel less ill, less burdened by symptoms in a subtle yet clear way.

I get all of these things through my doctor. I’m not sure where he gets them from or what the brand names are...

jepps

@debored13 @jepps
I wasn’t expecting much in terms of improvement because I have tried other peptides, but this one (at this point) seems to be a game changer, and my doctor says he has seen that in patients.

Thanks, confetti, for your answer. I also take serveral natural and synthetic peptides, and I´m satisfied. But it sounds like the thymosin alpha 1 is the most interesting for inflammation.

@debored13
I was not bed or home bound. I take care of myself and work some. But I still feel sick a lot and am nowhere close to a normal person’s functionality. I would just say that it has made me feel less ill, less burdened by symptoms in a subtle yet clear way.

I have a friend who is very sick, and nothing helped. I would hope, that thymosin alpha 1 is a chance.

@debored13
I get all of these things through my doctor. I’m not sure where he gets them from or what the brand names are...

Thanks again, I will search any longer.

jepps

My compounding pharmcy I get my peptides recently announced they're introducing a new peptide, Thymulin/Thymalin, that's to be immune modulating too. Thymulin was the first thymus peptide and also known as Thymus Factor. I'm going to try that in a couple months, when it becomes available and when I'm done trailing stopping some of my peptides. I don't know if the many research peptide websites offer Thymalin.

Hi junkcrap,

did you take Thymalin up to now? I´m yet now searching to buy thymosin alpha 1 in Europe, it´s very difficult (without receipt), and there is no chance to find a physician that works with peptide.

As far as I read thymosin-alpha-1 activates IDO, and this causes the immunmodulatory effect of thymosin-alpha-1. Do you know, whether thymalin works by the same way? It´s much easier to buy in Europe.

Best regards, jepps

Last edited:

junkcrap50

Hi junkcrap,

did you take Thymalin up to now? I´m yet now searching to buy thymosin alpha 1 in Europe, it´s very difficult (without receipt), and there is no chance to find a physician that works with peptide.

As far as I read thymosin-alpha-1 activates IDO, and this causes the immunmodulatory effect of thymosin-alpha-1. Do you know, whether thymalin works by the same way? It´s much easier to buy in Europe.

Best regards, jepps
I have not taking Thymalin yet. I don't really know how thymalin works exactly. I can't find much info online. But I was going to try it anyway. I will in a couple months when I'm off some other more expensive medications. There seems more research on Thymosins Alpha and Beta. Sorry that's not much help.

You may be able to buy some of the peptides on "Research Peptide" websites without a prescription.

Lieselotte

@confetti11 Could you tell me how you found a Dr. that would prescribe you peptides/Thymosin Alpha 1? Seems pretty niche and I don't even know where to start. Of course I could just get the stuff online through some peptide company, but would preferably like to have a Dr who knows about this stuff.

Xandoff

Michael
My Doctor in Western Massachusetts started me on this and I am waiting for my first month supply to come in ten days.

I gave myself a shot of Thymosin-alpha-1 in the Doctor's office and I drove 3 and half hours back home to Northeastern Vermont, a trip that usually leaves me exhausted. I really can not believe how good this Peptide made me feel. I ordered a month supply (taking injection every third day) for about $400.00 a month which is $50.00 a shot. Here is some information:

Professional Monograph Thymosin alpha 1 INDICATION and USAGE SUMMARY

● Thymosin alpha-1 is a synthetic thymic peptide ● Modulates innate immunity (pleiotropic) , , 1 2 3 o Improves Th1 immune responses and helps balance Th1/Th2 o
Promotes T cell (Tregs) differentiation and maturation o
Decreases T-cell apoptosis o Improves CD3+, CD4+ and CD8+ o Improves production of IL-1 beta, IFN-γ, IL-2, IL-3, IL-6, IL-10 o Improves NK cell activity and TNF-alpha o Improves macrophages and B cells o Up regulates MHC Class I expression in antigen expressing cell o Tumor specific antigens; anti-tumor properties o Inhibits viral replication o Activates indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase enzyme - dampens immunity o Improves dendritic cell tryptophan catabolism

Antioxidant properties – improves intracellular glutathione 1 Garaco E, Pica F, Serafino A, et al. Thymosin alpha-1 and cancer: action on immune effector and tumor target cells. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2012;1269:26-33. 2 Romani L, MorettiS, Fallarino F, et al. Jack of all trades: thymosin alpha-1 and its pleiotropy. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2012;1269:1-6. 3 Romani L, Bistoni F, Perruccio K, et al. Thymosin alpha 1 activates dendritic cell tryptophan catabolism and estraclishes a regulatory environment for balance of inflammation and tolerance. Blood. 2006;108(7):2265-74. © Copyright 2018, Scientific Performance Research, LLC" Cincinnati, OH

Used for clinical conditions where immune support is necessary o Conditions requiring immune response modulation o Hepatitis B & C o HIV/AIDS o Cancer – non-small cell lung (NSCLC), hepatocellular, malignant melanoma o Chemotherapy adjunct o Chronic inflammatory conditions; autoimmunity o Cystic fibrosis o Lyme disease o Blocks steroid-induced apoptosis of thymocytes o Depressed response to vaccinations; adjunct to flu vaccine o Geriatric immune support o DiGeorge’s syndrome

May reduce hematological toxicity of cytotoxic drug therapies o Cyclophosphamide o 5-fluorouracil (5FU) o Dacarbazine o Ifosfamide

Zadaxin™ – proprietary thymosin alpha 1 (thymalfasin) approved in 30 countries for hepatitis B and C and cancer. , 4 5 o Phase II clinical trials US – Hepatitis B o Phase III clinical trials US – Hepatitis C o Indicated as a monotherapy or combination therapy with interferon for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B, hepatitis C and cancer. 6 o Also indicated for treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), hepatocellular carcinoma, AIDS and malignant melanoma. , 7 8 o General dosage ▪ 1.6 mg, injected SubQ, 2 times weekly for 6-12 months ▪ Patients weighing < 40 kg, dosage adjusted to 40 mcg/kg, 2 times weekly. o May be used together with conventional antiretroviral regimens o Individual dosage requirements may vary based on clinical presentation Name(s): Thymosin alpha-1, thymalfasin, Zadaxin™ Sequence: Ac-Ser-Asp-Ala-Ala-Val-Asp-Thr-Ser-Ser-Glu-Ile-Thr-Thr-Lys-Asp-Leu-Lys-Glu-LysLys-Glu-Val-Val-Glu-Glu-Ala-Glu-Asn-OH Molecular formula: C129H215N33O55 Molar Weight: 3108.28 g/mol D

also please find link below to Madison Area Lyme Support Group for an in depth article about Peptides.

https://madisonarealymesupportgroup...volutionize-the-future-of-precision-medicine/

Good Luck Everyone I will keep you posted.

Michael

junkcrap50

I gave myself a shot of Thymosin-alpha-1 in the Doctor's office and I drove 3 and half hours back home to Northeastern Vermont, a trip that usually leaves me exhausted. I really can not believe how good this Peptide made me feel. I ordered a month supply (taking injection every third day) for about $400.00 a month which is $50.00 a shot. Here is some information:
Glad it helped you. It was a life saver for me. Wow. That is expensive! What is the pharmacy or supplier of the Thymosin Alpha? You can buy this peptide from "Research Peptide Sites" online for much cheaper (about $80). But it's riskier as they can't prove human safety. But lots of people do it. Just fyi.

Last edited:

junkcrap50

My doc gets the TA/TB from there too--were you able to buy directly without being a clinician?
No. They only sell to doctors.

My parent is a doctor and he/she has an account with them. So I am able to get the prescriptions at wholesale (doctor's) cost. I believe TA1 costs me $110 wholesale / doctor's cost. Tailor Made has recommended retail pricing of $220-240 per vial, I think. I can update these numbers when I ask my parent. But since they sell these peptides to anti-aging clinics mostly, so I'm not surprised that some doctors charge $400/vial as it's great income for them. But that much mark up is a rip off. I would gladly order from online research peptides instead I had to had to pay that rate.

Xandoff

Michael
Glad it helped you. It was a life saver for me. Wow. That is expensive! What is the pharmacy or supplier of the Thymosin Alpha? You can buy this peptide from "Research Peptide Sites" online for much cheaper (about $80). But it's riskier as they can't prove human safety. But lots of people do it. Just fyi.
That is good to know because I have had Lyme for 20 years. I was reinfected in twenty minutes with Powassan, Lyme, Babesia and Ehrlichia while I was recovering from 17 years of Lyme and TWO years of antibiotics of which I am taking all over again.

Great to hear that about the price and that this was a game changer for you. I was convinced after one shot which has worn off. Thank for your reply!

Xandoff

Michael

junkcrap50

Great to hear that about the price and that this was a game changer for you. I was convinced after one shot which has worn off. Thank for your reply!
Yes. It wore off for me too when I first started it. I couldn't go 1 day missing it. I was recommended to take it 5x/week, but I couldn't NOT take it on the weekends. I took it 7 days/week for ~9months. And then when I would forget nuturally or get tired of giving myself shots, I noticed I could miss 1-2 days without taking it, then 2-3 days. So now I don't take it on weekends to save a bit of money. I don't know what would happen if I missed a week or more of not taking it. I don't want to risk it.

Xandoff

Michael
Yes. It wore off for me too when I first started it. I couldn't go 1 day missing it. I was recommended to take it 5x/week, but I couldn't NOT take it on the weekends. I took it 7 days/week for ~9months. And then when I would forget nuturally or get tired of giving myself shots, I noticed I could miss 1-2 days without taking it, then 2-3 days. So now I don't take it on weekends to save a bit of money. I don't know what would happen if I missed a week or more of not taking it. I don't want to risk it.

Thanks for the great Information!

Navid

I am posting this link by itself.

It is an Article from the Madison Area Lyme Support Group about the Peptide Thymosin-alpha-1. It is a great read for anyone who does not know all about it or who needs immune support. This Peptide treats many diseases and this article documents that.

Can Therapeutic Peptides Revolutionize the Future of Precision Medicine?
:- FIVE STARS -:

https://madisonarealymesupportgroup...volutionize-the-future-of-precision-medicine/

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Is Dr. Davis aware of this peptide and the positive effect it has had on some patients? Seems like a low impact treatment vs extreme things like CCI surgery.

frozenborderline

My Doctor in Western Massachusetts started me on this and I am waiting for my first month supply to come in ten days.

Professional Monograph Thymosin alpha 1 INDICATION and USAGE SUMMARY

● Thymosin alpha-1 is a synthetic thymic peptide ● Modulates innate immunity (pleiotropic) , , 1 2 3 o Improves Th1 immune responses and helps balance Th1/Th2 o
Promotes T cell (Tregs) differentiation and maturation o
Decreases T-cell apoptosis o Improves CD3+, CD4+ and CD8+ o Improves production of IL-1 beta, IFN-γ, IL-2, IL-3, IL-6, IL-10 o Improves NK cell activity and TNF-alpha o Improves macrophages and B cells o Up regulates MHC Class I expression in antigen expressing cell o Tumor specific antigens; anti-tumor properties o Inhibits viral replication o Activates indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase enzyme - dampens immunity o Improves dendritic cell tryptophan catabolism

Antioxidant properties – improves intracellular glutathione 1 Garaco E, Pica F, Serafino A, et al. Thymosin alpha-1 and cancer: action on immune effector and tumor target cells. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2012;1269:26-33. 2 Romani L, MorettiS, Fallarino F, et al. Jack of all trades: thymosin alpha-1 and its pleiotropy. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2012;1269:1-6. 3 Romani L, Bistoni F, Perruccio K, et al. Thymosin alpha 1 activates dendritic cell tryptophan catabolism and estraclishes a regulatory environment for balance of inflammation and tolerance. Blood. 2006;108(7):2265-74. © Copyright 2018, Scientific Performance Research, LLC" Cincinnati, OH

Used for clinical conditions where immune support is necessary o Conditions requiring immune response modulation o Hepatitis B & C o HIV/AIDS o Cancer – non-small cell lung (NSCLC), hepatocellular, malignant melanoma o Chemotherapy adjunct o Chronic inflammatory conditions; autoimmunity o Cystic fibrosis o Lyme disease o Blocks steroid-induced apoptosis of thymocytes o Depressed response to vaccinations; adjunct to flu vaccine o Geriatric immune support o DiGeorge’s syndrome

May reduce hematological toxicity of cytotoxic drug therapies o Cyclophosphamide o 5-fluorouracil (5FU) o Dacarbazine o Ifosfamide

Zadaxin™ – proprietary thymosin alpha 1 (thymalfasin) approved in 30 countries for hepatitis B and C and cancer. , 4 5 o Phase II clinical trials US – Hepatitis B o Phase III clinical trials US – Hepatitis C o Indicated as a monotherapy or combination therapy with interferon for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B, hepatitis C and cancer. 6 o Also indicated for treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), hepatocellular carcinoma, AIDS and malignant melanoma. , 7 8 o General dosage ▪ 1.6 mg, injected SubQ, 2 times weekly for 6-12 months ▪ Patients weighing < 40 kg, dosage adjusted to 40 mcg/kg, 2 times weekly. o May be used together with conventional antiretroviral regimens o Individual dosage requirements may vary based on clinical presentation Name(s): Thymosin alpha-1, thymalfasin, Zadaxin™ Sequence: Ac-Ser-Asp-Ala-Ala-Val-Asp-Thr-Ser-Ser-Glu-Ile-Thr-Thr-Lys-Asp-Leu-Lys-Glu-LysLys-Glu-Val-Val-Glu-Glu-Ala-Glu-Asn-OH Molecular formula: C129H215N33O55 Molar Weight: 3108.28 g/mol D

also please find link below to Madison Area Lyme Support Group for an in depth article about Peptides.

Good Luck Everyone I will keep you posted.

Michael
WOw. So we have the same doctor. I’m hoping he can also get me bpc-157 but it would be a long drive to go back to try it in person. I personally didn’t feel much at all from the first thymosin alpha 1 shot though so it’s possible it wouldn’t help me but maybe it needs to build up for some people ? I’m trying to get some shipped to me soon.

Has anyone here done the thymosin beta 4 for collagen?

sb4

Activates indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase enzyme - dampens immunity o Improves dendritic cell tryptophan catabolism
Thymosin alpha 1 activates dendritic cell tryptophan catabolism and estraclishes a regulatory environment for balance of inflammation and tolerance.
That is pretty cool how Thymosin Alpha 1 can increase IDO and catabolise Tryptophan. I do want to give this ago in the future, hopefully can find it cheaper though.

@ZeroGravitas What do you think?