• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

Xandoff

Michael
WOw. So we have the same doctor. I’m hoping he can also get me bpc-157 but it would be a long drive to go back to try it in person. I personally didn’t feel much at all from the first thymosin alpha 1 shot though so it’s possible it wouldn’t help me but maybe it needs to build up for some people ? I’m trying to get some shipped to me soon.

Has anyone here done the thymosin beta 4 for collagen?

HI,
I don't know much about the Beta 4 for Collagen but I highly recommend the Alpha Thymosin Peptide, I have been with NIM for 9 years. They cured me from 15 years of untreated Lyme and Babesia but then I was re- infected in 15 minutes with Powassan, Ehrlichia and Babesia while I was recovering 17 years of Lyme.

Did I meet you at another Northampton Attraction just two blocks away? Sometimes it is a small world?

frozenborderline

HI,
I don't know much about the Beta 4 for Collagen but I highly recommend the Alpha Thymosin Peptide, I have been with NIM for 9 years. They cured me from 15 years of untreated Lyme and Babesia but then I was re- infected in 15 minutes with Powassan, Ehrlichia and Babesia while I was recovering 17 years of Lyme.

Did I meet you at another Northampton Attraction just two blocks away? Sometimes it is a small world?
Northampton attraction? The only thing I can think of is the guitar shop near Northampton integrative medicine. I don’t know. I am bedridden ans now I’m the southwest , so I haven’t been out and about Northampton for probably about two to three years

Xandoff

Michael
Northampton attraction? The only thing I can think of is the guitar shop near Northampton integrative medicine. I don’t know. I am bedridden ans now I’m the southwest , so I haven’t been out and about Northampton for probably about two to three years

Sorry to Hear this. I have been where you are now. I hope the Thymosin helps you like it is helping me!

jepps

@jepps small slight problem , i really dislike any needles , so i guess i wont be sticking any needles to myself .

This is a description how to inject yourself https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-tb-500/ The first time it costs a little effort, but then one familiarizes with it.

Injecting BPC-157 is very helpful for local injury or inflammation (maybe joints or tendons), here you could take mesoneedles, they are only 2-3 mm long https://www.mesowelt.de/nadeln/

This is so intriguing. My doctor offered Thymus Alpha-1 at my appointment yesterday. I have obscenely high levels of HHV6 and low tolerance for detox (highly sensitive) so we've only tried natural remedies which don't warrant much long term success. Cost is $240/vial - which sounds like he's quoting the recommended retail. I think I might tell him to give it a go and order. What can it hurt at this point? I'm going on 34 years living with this nonsense.

@leela - How are you doing on your TA-1 shots? I feel like I'm in your same boat. I'm on a week now and thus far slightly more tired, but mostly I wake up in the middle of the night with swollen glands; feels as though I'm coming down with a cold. It is mostly gone by morning. Day #1 I had a crazy good amount of energy but that since ceased.

leela

@leela - How are you doing on your TA-1 shots? I feel like I'm in your same boat. I'm on a week now and thus far slightly more tired, but mostly I wake up in the middle of the night with swollen glands; feels as though I'm coming down with a cold. It is mostly gone by morning. Day #1 I had a crazy good amount of energy but that since ceased.

It's a complex question bc there's a whole array of other things I've been doing. It's hard to know what's what.

Before the TA1 I did S.O.T. for Borrelia. The person administering it said in their experience once the Bb levels are reduced, the immune system then starts to become aware of all the other ongoing opportunistic bugs. Hence, the tiredness and fluiness.
This can only have been exacerbated, imho, by then starting TA1, which also gives the beleaguered immune system a kick-start.

I also did over a year of Valgancyclovir (just before starting the TA1.) This (finally!) kicked the HHV6's arse, but the always-on EBV titers are still high. So there's another possible instance of immune system plate-spinning. As soon as I stopped the Valcyte, I began to have symptoms I specifically associate with herpesfamily viruses: burning skin and spine, general skin hypersensitivity, sore throat--which had been blissfully gone during the course of Valgancyclovir. My thought is this could be from stopping Valgancyclovir, starting TA1, or both together.

I am also currently taking Amphotericin, so that is actively killing mold, yet another burden to the immune system.

All this to say, I suspect TA1 is contributing to the immune system being on overtime, and hopefully helping it. I am getting a noticeable boost in stamina from it still, but I have to be careful bc it doesn't touch the PEM or dysautonomia, so I can easily overdo and trash myself.

To conclude my overly long essay (sorry!) my doctor is adding two more peptides--Epitalon and Semax nasal--for neurological reboot, and asks me to continue TA1, as he thinks it will eventually hit the viruses.

That's quite a lot going on! You have a very smart doctor. I'm actually going to take a small break from the shots myself. I woke to a full-blown head cold, sore throat, sneezing, etc... The only saving grace with these side-effects is that the brain fog is not near as bad as it usually is when I come down with something. I have an 8-year-old with activities going on this weekend. This is terrible timing!

I so appreciate your very in-depth response. My MD is a bit more conservative with me as I just react so severely to most treatments. The S.O.T sounds fascinating! I'll have to ask him about that at my next appointment. The PEM is a doozy for me as well. I wish there was a silver bullet for that. :meh:

leela

@leela So the Epitalon is for a neurological reboot? I guess I haven't read about that as a main usage for that peptide. Is it supposed to help with anything else, or just neuro?
I'm not sure, I haven't discussed it in depth with him yet. It was in response to my complaints about increased dysautonomia and decreased IQ that he offered those two. Will update when I learn more.

Plus, I may have misunderstood because: Brain Dumbs

Lieselotte

Thanks @leela . Let us know how it goes with all those peptides!
I had heard of Epithalon as good for longevity, as an antioxidant, and to reset hormone systems (sex hormones and possibly HPA).

Yes, the Brain Dumbs are going around. Not just in Couchland, but here at the CFS County Jail where I've been sentenced. :p

BenFromNZ

Hi @Xandoff , could you tell me what dosage of Thymosin alpha 1 you are taking every 3 days? I'm just looking into sourcing some now. Thanks

BenFromNZ

BTW anyone know how long you can keep Thymosin alpha 1 and beta 4 for (in the fridge once reconstituted)?

frozenborderline

@debored13 I got some BPC157 from Peptide Sciences. I am on my 9th day of injecting (the things I do for this illness...) and haven't had any bad reaction to it. Have I had any good results yet? That's TBD as nothing I can tell yet.
Peptide sciences ? Can u link the site? Also did you purchase bacteriostatic. Water from them or a separate source. THanks

Lieselotte

Peptide update: I tried a cycle of Epithalon a month ago. 10mg over 15 days, injected.

My energy has been more stable, and I think it may have been the Epithalon. I am working on a couple different things (aren't we all) so it could be a combo.

In general I feel like my crashes aren't as severe. I still get them, but I just feel more stable. I may try a higher dose in a couple months. The Taylor Made website states up to 3mg/day can be used for a cycle, whereas I used only 0.7.

I would be interested if anyone else has tried this and noticed benefits.

BenFromNZ

@Lieselotte thanks for reporting that. I will be receiving Epitalon within the next couple of weeks. I was planning on dosing 0.5mg a day or May go up to 1mg. I have 50mg coming so have enough for between 50-100days. I’m planning on taking small dose for a longer time rather than the short cycles at bigger doses.
Did you have any negative side effects? Are you usually sensitive to medications?(I often am so wanting to be cautious about dosage and not sure if I should start straight at .5mg or start even more cautious)