• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

mitoMAN

I heard this too. I had read that you could reconstitute the TA-1, then fill up all your syringes and put them in the freezer. Just take one out and thaw when you need to inject. It's supposed to degrade slower when frozen, so that's what I did.

I asked the Canlab guy about it:

"We still need to do some stability testing... coming, coming... "

junkcrap50

Another interesting point from the Canlab owner on his statement on why regular TA-1 needs much higher dosing than the researches state with ZADAXIN:

Zadaxin is actually a different "compound" in the sense that it is Thymosin-a1, attached to a very long PEG chain. That keeps it much longer in the blood, which makes it much more potent and not requiring as frequent doses.
Well, then I suppose we need to ask, is the CanLab product different from say TailorMade's TA1 or PeptideSciences TA1? Probably not, as it's cheapest to make a small peptide rather than adding the PEG to it. Why doesn't the CanLab guy just add PEG to it? He's highly qualified to do such a thing.

mitoMAN

Well, then I suppose we need to ask, is the CanLab product different from say TailorMade's TA1 or PeptideSciences TA1? Probably not, as it's cheapest to make a small peptide rather than adding the PEG to it. Why doesn't the CanLab guy just add PEG to it? He's highly qualified to do such a thing.
He said his TA-1 is same as tailormade and peptidesciences.

The reason why he doesnt PEG it like Zadaxin is the price. It will end up the same price as the original pharmacy product Zadaxin

mitoMAN

I did 1mg of TA-1 yesterday and felt better the remaining day.
Contrary to feeling dizzy after 300mcg the first days. Interesting...
(2 days of 300mcg, 2 of 500mcg and 1 of 1mg)

Will probably do a lab test to verify the purity of the TA-1 in a few weeks. So I can see how it compares to the US brands.
Its from pharmalabsglobal UK

Update 22.07.2020
2mg of Thymosin-Alpha 1 today.
(with 1mg TB-500 and 2x 1mg BPC-157)

First day in about 14 months that I am kind of "wide awake" mentally. My eyes dont hurt. My body is still not full of power but usually I would have to take a nap with cold towel on the face every 1-2 hours.
Now I am researching in front of the computer for 5 hours and went for a walk and buying food.....
Slight dizzyness but not bad.

The first medication to have such an effect so far!

@Hip @junkcrap50 @Lieselotte @jepps

Update 23.07.2020
2mg of Thymosin-Alpha 1 today.
(with 1mg TB-500 and 2x 1mg BPC-157)

still going very good! I am thinking of dividing dosage into twice 1mg daily as the half life is rather short of TA-1.
Right now I am storing preloaded syringes in the freezer to counter degradation.

Last edited:

mitoMAN

As I am doing literally *awesome* - more awake than I have been for 14 years probably.

I am now wondering if my usage of rHGH has synergetic effect to that of Thymosin-Alpha 1?

Effect of growth hormone (GH) on the immune system
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16444180/#:~:text=Many in vitro and in,able to modulate cytokine response.

Many in vitro and in animal studies demonstrate an important role of GH in immunoregulation. GH stimulates T and B cells proliferation and immunoglobulin synthesis, enhances the maturation of myeloid progenitor cells and is also able to modulate cytokine response.

Growth hormone therapy and immune function
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567744301800375
https://sci-hub.tw/https://doi.org/10.1016/S1567-7443(01)80037-5

In burned mice, GH improved immune function, in part by modulating Th-1 and Th-2 cytokine response [14, 15]. It has recently been shown that development of the immune system of an amphibian is also dependent on the pituitary gland [16].

The role of growth hormone in modulation of the immune response.
https://europepmc.org/article/med/2198842
Growth hormone was originally discovered because of its ability to promote linear growth in rodents and humans. It is now known that this molecule also augments a number of activities of leukocytes, such as antibody synthesis, cytolytic activity of T lymphocytes, natural killer cell activity, differentiation of neutrophils, production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), and the synthesis of a thymic hormone known as thymulin.

-> It is producing Thymulin in its own way (another peptide such as Thymusin Alpha-1)

Other HGH immune system cellular benefits are seen in:

• B cells which form in bone marrow
  • Immunoglobulin formation
  • Myeloid progenitor cell maturation to modulate cytokine response
  • Interleukin 2 production for antibody production
  • Increased red and white blood cell counts
How HGH affects immune system functions in these adults is by increasing CD4 and CD8 lymphocyte counts which demonstrates a boost in the activity of the thymus gland.

The effects of HGH go well beyond the thymus gland and T cells. HGH can alter macrophages, natural killer (NK) cells, and B cells.

@Hip @Learner1 @junkcrap50

Last edited:

Learner1

I had my growth hormone tested a couple of years ago, when I was a lot worse than I am now. Unpleasant 4 hour test - I spent part of it vomiting and the rest not feeling very good. Results were robustly normal, though, even though two of my docs suspected otherwise.

I'd rather be solving the right problem than guessing at the wrong one.

Glad it helped you, though!😉

As I am doing literally *awesome* - more awake than I have been for 14 years probably.

I am now wondering if my usage of rHGH has synergetic effect to that of Thymosin-Alpha 1?

Effect of growth hormone (GH) on the immune system
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16444180/#:~:text=Many in vitro and in,able to modulate cytokine response.

Growth hormone therapy and immune function
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567744301800375
https://sci-hub.tw/https://doi.org/10.1016/S1567-7443(01)80037-5

The role of growth hormone in modulation of the immune response.
https://europepmc.org/article/med/2198842

-> It is producing Thymulin in its own way (another peptide such as Thymusin Alpha-1)

@Hip @Learner1 @junkcrap50
This is that I was thinking to do now, to add rHGH or peptides for stimulation it
Can someone to recommend where to buy rHGH in good quality?

I had my growth hormone tested a couple of years ago, when I was a lot worse than I am now. Unpleasant 4 hour test - I spent part of it vomiting and the rest not feeling very good. Results were robustly normal, though, even though two of my docs suspected otherwise.

Рад, что это помогло тебе, хотя! 😉 [/ QUOTE]

I didn’t pass that test, but my HG in blood work was low. As other hormones pituitary/hypothalamus as well. Probably for some people it may work. And I didn’t see Anything before - what boosted T cells as well as rHGH did for Mitoman

mitoMAN

Glad it helped you, though!😉

This is actually what I would suggest to everyone of course.

I dont have a deficiency. However I was doing my worst with 22+ in bed and shivering attacks, fever like symptoms for about 10 months.

So I decided to start 8iu every other day in April and even 15iu every other day in May.

Since end of May, all my muscle pain, shivering attacks, fever etc had 100% vanished. I was still very very fatigued and probably 16-18 hours in bed however.

I am 100% sure that the rHGH got me rid of all my painful symptoms however.

I am not trying to force people to try this route. It seemed to work for me.

HOWEVER: if the energy burst from Thymosin-Alpha 1 will last, the next months will show.

This is actually what I would suggest to everyone of course.

I dont have a deficiency. However I was doing my worst with 22+ in bed and shivering attacks, fever like symptoms for about 10 months.

So I decided to start 8iu every other day in April and even 15iu every other day in May.

Since end of May, all my muscle pain, shivering attacks, fever etc had 100% vanished. I was still very very fatigued and probably 16-18 hours in bed however.

I am 100% sure that the rHGH got me rid of all my painful symptoms however.
I saw you have a strong T-cells immune. I have immune deficiency, and nothing before could grew my T- cells. It’s really interesting it will work same to me. Thank you for sharing your experience

mitoMAN

Indeed, they doubled my T-cells within 3 months of HGH intake.
Its worth a shot. HGH has pretty good safety profil if you dont shoot above 15iu per day of course....

You might have enough benefit from 4iu every day or 8iu every second.

I am currently taking 10iu daily divided into 4 shots with 2,5iu with 2iu short acting Insulin.
Insulin is upregulating GH receptor synthesis

Learner1

Studies have shown an association between elevated circulating levels of growth hormoneand an increased risk of developing certain cancers such as prostate, breast and colorectal neoplasms.
It's wise to only take it if you need it...as a stage 3 cancer survivor, I can tell you, it's not wise to go there, especially with a less than adequate immune system.

Studies have shown an association between elevated circulating levels of growth hormoneand an increased risk of developing certain cancers such as prostate, breast and colorectal neoplasms.
It's wise to only take it if you need it...as a stage 3 cancer survivor, I can tell you, it's not wise to go there, especially with a less than adequate immune system.
That’s totally right, everything about a risk and help. For example in my case to live with immune same HIV level without HIV also not a way for a long life

junkcrap50

Yah. I've done that test to. Sucks. Mine was normal too. But my endocrinologist said that even with the HGH stimulation test, it's still not very accurate. So even though mine was normal, he still prescribed HGH for me. 2iu daily for 9 months.

Aren't those huge doses? I was taking 2iu/day when it was prescribed to me.

What do you think would happen if you stopped your rHGH? Do you think you will be needing it continuously? Do you think a short, high course could normalize immune function? That would save money on the HGH. May I sk how old you are? Perhaps the HGH makes you feel better due to a youthening effect.

mitoMAN

i'm 31 years old and had my first 2 years of bedbound in 2010. When I was 20 years old.
The dosage reference was actually from several HIV / AIDS studies to improve immune function.
A few Studies ranged from 12iu to 15iu 3x per week over a longer duration.

The HGH alone did not stop my fatigue. But I am sure it contributed to the *extreme* reaction I am having now to TA-1.

2iu/day is actually common anti aging dosing and wont do much for your immune system.

I am pretty sure my dosage is over the top for long term, so I will probably water it down after 6months then 12 months etc.

First going down to 8iu every other day and then probably 6iu long term.

mitoMAN

I was taking 2iu/day when it was prescribed to me.
Did you start the TA-1 during the time of using HGH?

The effects of HGH will last for quite some time if you use it for several months before.

Do you think a short, high course could normalize immune function? That would save money on the HGH.

Well my idea was to ramp up the immune system the first 6 months like it is done with HIV patients in certain studies. Usually the studies show steady benefit while cutting the dosage in half after 6 month.

Hip

First day in about 14 months that I am kind of "wide awake" mentally.

How quickly after starting thymosin alpha 1 did you notice these benefits?

I am guessing it is too fast for the benefits to be due to an antiviral effect; but thymosin alpha 1 also has anti-inflammatory effects, and maybe the benefits you observe are from those.

Well you could consider stopping your HGH injections for a while, and seeing if the benefits from thymosin alpha 1 continue. If so, then you can rule out HGH as playing a role.

Will probably do a lab test to verify the purity of the TA-1 in a few weeks. So I can see how it compares to the US brands.
Its from pharmalabsglobal UK

I notice that the website for pharmalabglobal.com only came into existence in June 2020 (see domain info here). Myself, I prefer to do business with companies that have been around for a few years (because if there are any issues with the company, that's enough time for negative reports to appear online).

Not saying pharmalabglobal.com is necessary dubious, but it appears to be brand new.

That said, you seem to be doing well on their thymosin alpha 1, so that's a good sign.