• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

Im wondering that too. I did 250mcg a day for 1 and a half month or so. I dont know if I noticed anything or not. I didnt get any allergic reactions from birch pollen. That was interesting, though they said it was very little birch pollen where I live also. Im def going to try Ta1 longterm. I think they fused the ta1 in a study with immunoglobulin and made the half life increase to almost 20 hours or something. wonder if it does the same if I take Gammanorm and ta1 at the same time, and the same spot. Probably not? Or mix them.. Maybe thats not safe. or Maybe it is... Ta1 is super interesting and I think the ideal scenario is to use it longterm to see effects.

Edit: its called Thymosin alpha 1-Fc and here is the source https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-30956-y

Among the strategies of extending serum half-life in the body, adding an immunoglobin G (IgG) Fc fragment is one of the most effective technologies. Result shows that the serum half-life of Tα1-Fc was 24.58 h, which is almost 13 times longer than of Tα1
I mixed today IV IgG with TB500. But would not mix with TA. Maybe tomorrow, or in a few days. If I will find a difference, will let you know

Last edited by a moderator:

Lieselotte

As this seems to be the peptide catch-all thread, I wanted to post my experience with LL-37

I did 100mcg/day for 6 weeks. This is the standard protocol according to some folks on a Facebook peptide group. A cycle is 6 weeks, and you can do another cycle after a 2 week break. I only did one cycle. I got the peptide from CanLabs.

I did not feel any affects from this peptide, good or bad. I was hoping it would help with my gut, or with a possible candida problem based on borderline OATS test results. But, it did nothing.

Has anyone heard of 5-Amino 1MQ? Supposedly good for mitos and can be taken in oral form...

mitoMAN

and for other EU/UK Patients:

EUROPE/UK: People interested in doing private lab testing for Purity and content of different Peptides?
Many countries wont be able to order from high quality labs such as Canlabs or Peptidesciences - that is being to horribly strict customs. I live in Germany and the success rate for ordering a peptide from outside of EU/UK is close to zero..

So we are stuck with shitty possibly scam suppliers.

BUT:

If you are interested, there are possible lab testings for a) quantitiy and b) purity of Peptides.
I had BPC-157 from Trident Peptides UK checked at Janohsik CZ.
The quantity check cost me 150€ and it turned out 5.8mg per 5mg vial of authentic BPC-157 content.
However to know if the quality is good as well, one would need to spend another 150€ on a PURITY check.
They told me the quality is good, but accurate % numbers would require to purchase the Purity test.
-> If you are interested, we could start a group and have a peptide lab tested from one of the only UK suppliers that have a big selection of peptides.
For example pharmalabsglobal (they are same company as highgradelabs)
If we are 5 persons to check the TB-500, it would cost everyone about 60€

However this check is not possible for every peptide at this price! Especially rare peptides are probably not that easy to check because the lab needs to acquire a medical certified sample to counter check the goods we sent em.

mitoMAN

I got my bloodwork in from the rHGH - its "immune" effects should be similar to those of Thymosin Alpha-1 as it helps to maintain the thymus gland.

rHGH started in April. First blood was taken about 10 days after starting rHGH every other day 8iu

My results:

2019 baseline
2020 April 10 days after starting rHGH 8iu eod
2020 July 3 months after starting rHGH 8iu eod and having increased to 15iu eod 20 days before.

2019 May: B-cells 213 Cells/per yl
2020 April: B-cells 238 Cells/per yl
2020 July: B-cells 520 Cells/per yl

2019 May: T-cells 1626 Cells/per yl
2019 May: T-helper cells 929 Cells/per yl
2020 April: T-cells 1682 Cells/per yl
2020 July: T-cells 2547 Cells/per yl
2020 July: T-helper cells 1534 Cells/per yl

I got my bloodwork in from the rHGH - its "immune" effects should be similar to those of Thymosin Alpha-1 as it helps to maintain the thymus gland.

rHGH started in April. First blood was taken about 10 days after starting rHGH every other day 8iu

My results:

2019 baseline
2020 July 3 months after starting rHGH 8iu eod and having increased to 15iu eod 20 days before.

Thank you for sharing a results. My IgM also grew a bit with TB and TA.
I was thinking about peptides which will stimulate hypothalamus/pituitary, because almost all my hormons are Very low, and immune as well. For example I had T-helper cells 280. But don’t know from what to start, as I didn’t research it well yet. Maybe are there any recommendations that to try first if someone had a good results?
And why did you choose rHGH, not Sermorelin, for example, it seems less dangerous..

Last edited:

My results:

2019 baseline

Do you have a results for T-killers?

junkcrap50

I will probably first start with adding TB-500 and LL-37 to my existing BPC-157 stack to try and heal my gut issues.
10 days in with TB-500 500mcg daily and still using BPC-157 500mcg since May.
But no real success with BPC-157 alone. Maybe things will change with TA-1 and TB-500 in the mix now.
For those taking BPC157 to cure gut problems, I found some info in the two links below that may help provide better results. Apparently, oral dosing of BPC157 is suggested to heal the gut. Also, there are now different versions of BPC157 and some versions are more stable than others in passing through the stomach. The most common version of BPC157 is acetate-BPC157, while the most stable form is arginine-BPC157. See the two links below for more info (reddit's /r/peptides is very good resource):

Link 1
Link 2

Swim15

Does anyone know the storage life of TA1 once reconstituted? I need to go back and look but I thought I saw some lit that said it degrades rather quickly and a vial needed to be used within a few days from reconstitution.

Has anyone tried higher doses for short durations?

mitoMAN

I am wondering if this statement from the owner of Canlab is realistic.

trying to drastically up the TA-1 for. Therapeutic usage?

Attachments

• 8BD3EFF4-91FA-41A3-A292-0D9B9A096AE7.jpeg
    8BD3EFF4-91FA-41A3-A292-0D9B9A096AE7.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 51

Learner1

@Learner1 which brand of resveretrol and what symptoms did it improve please?
This product:

https://www.zhounutrition.com/collections/all-products/products/resveratrol?utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=1041851993&utm_term=zhou resveratrol&e&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpNr4BRDYARIsAADIx9xdcIKwYQFHAocjmsf_W80xcgdQsbaA_tRfzpzmTHpNk2B2u40ZhRAaAieMEALw_wcB

I don't take most supplements for immediate symptom relief. It's what they do over time.

This describes the benefits of resveratrol:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2546476/

David Sinclair advises taking it with fat and NMN, which is what I do. The NMN does have an immediate effect. The metformin is not wise - it impairs complex I, which is typically impaired in ME/CFS patients.

https://fastlifehacks.com/david-sinclair-supplements/

Last edited:
This product:

https://www.zhounutrition.com/collections/all-products/products/resveratrol?utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=1041851993&utm_term=zhou resveratrol&e&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpNr4BRDYARIsAADIx9xdcIKwYQFHAocjmsf_W80xcgdQsbaA_tRfzpzmTHpNk2B2u40ZhRAaAieMEALw_wcB

I don't take most supplements for immediate symptom relief. It's what they do over time.

This describes the benefits of resveratrol:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2546476/

David Sinclair advises taking it with fat and NMN, which is what I do. The NMN does have an immediate effect. The metformin is not wise - it impairs complex I, which is typically impaired in ME/CFS patients.

https://fastlifehacks.com/david-sinclair-supplements/

Interesting we are using exactly a same product. But for some reasons I can’t tolerate it. So I am using a very small dose, like 1/3 part of capsule. Just checked a side effects, if it can be interesting for someone also

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6164842/
One of the most fascinating resveratrol aspects for its future development as a promising drug is that, it does not appear to have debilitating or toxic side effects. A wide range of resveratrol doses has been used in various in vivo and in vitro studies. However, it is imperative to find out the most appropriate dose and administration route. Also, it was documented that resveratrol induces cell death in tumor tissues with relatively no effect in normal adjacent tissues [
52]. Resveratrol cell uptake disparity between normal and tumor cells may be attributed to differences in available cellular targets and gene expression in cancer cells, which makes resveratrol tumor-specific. Mukherjee et al. [139] have suggested that lower resveratrol doses could be associated with health benefits, while higher doses devastate tumor cells via pro-apoptotic effects.
Resveratrol does not appear to have side effects at short-term doses (1.0 g). Otherwise, at doses of 2.5 g or more per day, side effects may occurs, like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and liver dysfunction in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease [140]. Interestingly, no major side effects were stated in long-term clinical trials [141]. In fact, resveratrol has been found to be safe and well-tolerated at up to 5 g/day, either as a single dose or as fraction of multiple-day dosing schedule [142]. However, it is imperative to mention that these studies were done in healthy populations, and that may vary in sick patients. Our understanding of resveratrol dose-dependency and administration route is further complicated, since orally administrated resveratrol gets metabolized by gut microbiota [143], which makes it difficult to determine which effects are solely due to resveratrol or both resveratrol and its metabolites.

To investigate the assumption, whether resveratrol inhibit atherosclerotic development in hypercholesterolemic rabbits, Wilson et al. [144] supplemented rabbits with or without oral resveratrol (1mg/kg), and found that resveratrol treatment did not adversely affect rabbits health other than promoting atherosclerosis. Plasma LDL electrophoretic mobility was not different between groups. Atherosclerotic lesions staining in control and resveratrol-treated groups revealed that resveratrol-treated rabbits had significantly more aortic surface area covered by atherosclerotic lesions. Therefore, resveratrol promoted atherosclerotic development, rather than protect against it, by an independent mechanism of differences observed in gross animal health, liver function, plasma cholesterol concentrations, or LDL oxidative status [144]. Ferry-Dumazet et al. [145] aiming to analyze resveratrol nephrotoxicity effects, given orally 3000 mg/kg b.w. to rats for 28 days. It resulted in nephrotoxicity documented as elevated serum blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels, increased kidney weights, gross renal pathology changes, and an increased incidence and severity of histopathological changes in kidneys. Kidneys microscopic evaluation identified lesions whose pathogenesis could be increased by resveratrol concentration (or its metabolite) as a function of renal osmotic concentration gradients, resulting in toxic levels in renal pelvis. This would result in necrosis, renal tubules obstruction and thus tubules dilation behind obstructed region. Indeed, inflammation and pelvic epithelium hyperplasia are expected responses to the presence of necrotic tissues. Therefore, administration of 1000 or 300 mg resveratrol/kg b.w./day did not result in nephrotoxic findings. The predominant clinical signs of toxicity at 3000 mg/kg b.w./day dose group were dehydration, piloerection, and red material in cage/urine, body weight gain reduction, hyperalbuminemia, anemia (due to renal injury, which reduced erythropoietin synthesis), white blood cell counts increase due to renal pelvic inflammation. Moreover, increased ALT, ALKP and total bilirubin levels suggest liver toxicity, but this was not histologically supported. Similarly, organs evidencing weight change did not evidenced histological changes [146].

Resveratrol has been reported to both reduce cell growth and induce apoptosis in normal cells, when administered at high doses, which confirm its biphasic effects over low to high concentrations spectrum [145]. Resveratrol rapidly activate mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in a MEK-1, Src, matrix metalloproteinase, and epidermal growth factor receptor in a dependent manner. It activates MAPK and endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) at nanomolar concentrations (i.e., magnitude less than that required for ER genomic activity) and at concentrations possibly/transiently achieved in serum following oral red wine consumption [147]. Additionally, resveratrol consumption at modest doses result in a life span increase in 1-year old mice. However, when mice consumed larger resveratrol doses (1800 mg/kg), animals were shown to die within 3–4 months [148]. Studies on steady-state pharmacokinetics and tolerability of 2000 mg trans-resveratrol, administered twice daily with food, quercetin and alcohol (ethanol) showed that trans-resveratrol was well-tolerated by healthy subjects, although diarrhea was frequently observed [149].

Last edited by a moderator:

Learner1

is imperative to mention that these studies were done in healthy populations, and that may vary in sick patients. Our understanding of resveratrol dose-dependency and administration route is further complicated, since orally administrated resveratrol gets metabolized by gut microbiota
Very true... good clues for you to investigate.

Additionally, my Opus23 report said I had multiple genes that shouted that I needed a substantial amount. I currently take 1g a day.

Lieselotte

Does anyone know the storage life of TA1 once reconstituted? I need to go back and look but I thought I saw some lit that said it degrades rather quickly and a vial needed to be used within a few days from reconstitution.

Has anyone tried higher doses for short durations?
I heard this too. I had read that you could reconstitute the TA-1, then fill up all your syringes and put them in the freezer. Just take one out and thaw when you need to inject. It's supposed to degrade slower when frozen, so that's what I did.

mitoMAN

Another interesting point from the Canlab owner on his statement on why regular TA-1 needs much higher dosing than the researches state with ZADAXIN

Zadaxin is actually a different "compound" in the sense that it is Thymosin-a1, attached to a very long PEG chain. That keeps it much longer in the blood, which makes it much more potent and not requiring as frequent doses.