• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymosin Alpha 1

bensmith

Sorry to hear mate, i seem to have somewhat similar experience of the 45 mins of help then stuff gets weird.

junkcrap50

First dose didn't go that well. Felt great for 45 minutes, then my cells started to do this thing where they slowly crash. By the time late evening rolled around I was feeling very dizzy and disorientated. Slept badly and muscles very fatigued thismorning. In spite of this I am going to try a much lower dose and see how I respond, hopeful I can gradually work up to the recommended dose.
What dose did you start with? I started with (and still take the same dose) 0.15mL = 450mcg TA1 everyday. This is much lower than the dose for ZADAXIN, which is 1600mcg but taken 2x/week. Others have needed a smaller starting dose for TA1 but I don't know what dosages they used or reduced to.

godlovesatrier

Hey junkyard. First dose was 400mcg. So basically the same as you. Second dose was 100mcg. I think the second dose was more tolerable. As 12 to 16 hours later my muscles seem to have stabilised. But I had to take bcaas and a tincture of various immune modulating herbs to accomplish that. I'm gonna try 100mcg this week and see if it helps. As so far it's just cashed fatigue, nausea, lethargy, a feeling of immune weakness and dizziness.

Thanks for the reply.

godlovesatrier

Sadly I had the same problem on Sunday. Once I took the thymosin an hour or so later my cells crashed and I just had to remain in bed all day at that point. Whereas normally I can do some light chores and concentrate on a tv show or something. I've given up on the alpha experiment, doesn't look like it is meant to be! The reaction was akin to c60 or d-ribbose, both of which made me high for an hour or so and after I would subsequently crash, which would take several days to resolve.

bensmith

Sorry @godlovesatrier have the same problem with drib etc.

ok, so every time i increase my dose of ta-1, usually 24 hours latet i feel a bit better. A decent amount. But it keeps wearing off. My friend says you cant build tolerance, but what is happening? Maybe i havent found my sweet spot i guess? Or is this just a tolerance issue that will be being a problem? I am still pretty low, like 3 notches on insulan needle, but i am also pretty sensative. I will increase when i get more, but just wondering if anybody has had this issue, or is this common with cfs and other drugs maybe?

sorry dont know measurements, but as a referance point my buddy is doing 2 mlg every other dat. Im prob doing...maybe .2? A day.

Last edited:

mitoMAN

THYMOSIN BETA-4

**Abstract**: "Tissue repair and regeneration in the central nervous system (CNS) remains a serious medical problem. CNS diseases such as traumatic and neurological brain injuries have a high mortality and disability rate, thereby bringing a considerable amount of economic burden to society and families. How to treat traumatic and neurological brain injuries has always been a serious issue faced by neurosurgeons. The global incidence of traumatic and neurological brain injuries has gradually increased and become a global challenge. Thymosin β4 (Tβ4) is the main G-actin variant molecule in eukaryotic cells. During the development of the CNS, Tβ4 regulates neurogenesis, tangential expansion, tissue growth, and cerebral hemisphere folding. In addition, Tβ4 has anti-apoptotic and anti-inflammatory properties. It promotes angiogenesis, wound healing, stem/progenitor cell differentiation, and other characteristics of cell migration and survival, providing a scientific basis for the repair and regeneration of injured nerve tissue. This review provides evidence to support the role of Tβ4 in the protection and repair of nervous tissue in CNS diseases, especially with the potential to control brain inflammatory processes, and thus open up new therapeutic applications for a series of neurodegenerative diseases."

serg1942

I'm about to start working with a NP who is on the cutting edge of peptide usage. As a preview he says the immune system has to be modulated, followed by mitochondria and then hormone subsystems.

I have an appointment on the 19th.

Could you please share the information about this expert doctor in peptides? Do you think he'd know to treat ME/CFS? And, would you say he's up to date on reliable sources??

Thank you in advance,
Sergio

serg1942

My doctor has me on 450mcg a day, with no loading dose. Is yours a subcutaneous injection @drob31 ?

Do you mind me asking about your doctor? Is he/she knowledgeable enough to treat ME/CFS? and, what about reliable sources of peptides, does he/she know about where to get them safely?

Thank you!
Sergio

Learner1

Do you mind me asking about your doctor? Is he/she knowledgeable enough to treat ME/CFS? and, what about reliable sources of peptides, does he/she know about where to get them safely?

Thank you!
Sergio
Yes, he is one of the ME/CFS Clinician's Coalition doctors. Before helping ME/CFS patients, he was an AIDS doctor for over 25 years and knows about dysfunctional immune systems. Yes, he knows how to get them safely.

serg1942

Yes, he is one of the ME/CFS Clinician's Coalition doctors. Before helping ME/CFS patients, he was an AIDS doctor for over 25 years and knows about dysfunctional immune systems. Yes, he knows how to get them safely.

I mused your reply!! Thank you for letting me know!! Could you please share his info?

junkcrap50

thanks for reply. happy for you.

was it immediate?

for me, as soon as I upped my dose to 150mcg I was totally crashed next day.

do you take in morning? evening?
Do you mean immediate like 30 minutes after taking it? Or immediate like a couple days of being on it?

It was fairly immediate for me, within the first day I felt something was different but by the next dose, I was positive it was working great. It felt like all my neuroinflammation disappeared - I was no longer irritable, short tempered, impatient, heavily brain fogged, etc. I was in a better mood, my personality returned, felt better overall.

When I started it, I started 3 peptides at once: Thymosin Alpha-1, Thymosin Beta-4, & BPC157 (I stopped it after a couple months). I didn't slowly build up the dose. I started with 450mcg for TA1 & 675mcg for TB4, but I'm not someone who's very sensitive to meds. The first couple weeks, I took it in the mornings, but then did evenings like 8PM because I would forget usually doing the day and it was more convenient for me.

I had to take it everyday and if I missed a day, my malaise & irritability returned. After about a year, I could miss one day and be okay. Then two days. At 2 years, I could skip weekends (to save money) and even had some interruptions where I went 5-7 days without it and no symptoms returned. But after 2.5+ years, I stopped doing it because I was so sick and tired of the shots (with other meds I was at 4 shots/day) and I felt better. But now, I realize I need to restart it, as I've slowly gotten worse but in a different way, though I don't think its related to stopping TA1, as the benefits lasted >1 year.

Since you crashed from taking 150mcg, it may or may not be helpful for you. I would lower to a dose which doesn't cause PEM & stick with it for a couple months as you may need to build up or slowly shift/modulate your immune system. Since it had such a big effect for me, I expected other CFS patients would try it and help. But unfortunately, most other CFS patients don't respond well to it, or it has non effect.

Do you mean immediate like 30 minutes after taking it? Or immediate like a couple days of being on it?

It was fairly immediate for me, within the first day I felt something was different but by the next dose, I was positive it was working great. It felt like all my neuroinflammation disappeared - I was no longer irritable, short tempered, impatient, heavily brain fogged, etc. I was in a better mood, my personality returned, felt better overall.

When I started it, I started 3 peptides at once: Thymosin Alpha-1, Thymosin Beta-4, & BPC157 (I stopped it after a couple months). I didn't slowly build up the dose. I started with 450mcg for TA1 & 675mcg for TB4, but I'm not someone who's very sensitive to meds. The first couple weeks, I took it in the mornings, but then did evenings like 8PM because I would forget usually doing the day and it was more convenient for me.

I had to take it everyday and if I missed a day, my malaise & irritability returned. After about a year, I could miss one day and be okay. Then two days. At 2 years, I could skip weekends (to save money) and even had some interruptions where I went 5-7 days without it and no symptoms returned. But after 2.5+ years, I stopped doing it because I was so sick and tired of the shots (with other meds I was at 4 shots/day) and I felt better. But now, I realize I need to restart it, as I've slowly gotten worse but in a different way, though I don't think its related to stopping TA1, as the benefits lasted >1 year.

Since you crashed from taking 150mcg, it may or may not be helpful for you. I would lower to a dose which doesn't cause PEM & stick with it for a couple months as you may need to build up or slowly shift/modulate your immune system. Since it had such a big effect for me, I expected other CFS patients would try it and help. But unfortunately, most other CFS patients don't respond well to it, or it has non effect.
do you take in morning or eve? I read on redit it causes insomnia in some so am wondering if I should switch to morning and IM so it's out of system by eve

junkcrap50

do you take in morning or eve? I read on redit it causes insomnia in some so am wondering if I should switch to morning and IM so it's out of system by eve
I take it evenings. It doesn't affect my sleep. But if you think it might, try mornings.

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
I Crashed really hard on wednesday (Last weeks) after taking ta-1 0.5mg on monday and tb500 1mg on Tuesday.

Like really Bad atm Back to bed all day, increased Heartrate, Feeling Heart is exploding the whole Programm and it hasent gotten better since.

Also: i Just got my First Common Cold in 2 years, i havent Had one since getting sick! Unsure If its a good Thing since colds tend to mean you have a normal immune system If your donf get em too frequently.

I will Not Take it again too soon probably this is such a Nightmare atm

I Crashed really hard on wednesday (Last weeks) after taking ta-1 0.5mg on monday and tb500 1mg on Tuesday.

Like really Bad atm Back to bed all day, increased Heartrate, Feeling Heart is exploding the whole Programm and it hasent gotten better since.

Also: i Just got my First Common Cold in 2 years, i havent Had one since getting sick! Unsure If its a good Thing since colds tend to mean you have a normal immune system If your donf get em too frequently.

I will Not Take it again too soon probably this is such a Nightmare atm
man this sucks!

If I take too much I get the same stuff as well.
for me those doses you mentioned are about 5x too much.

I've been on 100mcg of TA1 for a bunch of weeks and it's treating me well.

just mention this cause some of us are much more sensitive and you might be one.

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
So you Take 2x 100mcg weekly or only 100mcg once a week?

This is interesting! I might retry It with way lower dosages when I am recovered from this severe Crash.

Just ranting, no information from this Point:
Man i Just hate this ducking duck disease of a duck. I can barely Go to the Kirchen ATM and i was housebound before meaning I could actually Play Computer for 3 hours a day without crashing (Crashed after more than 4 though) wich was so great for me i was so thankful for being able to do that since i think some have it worse and i am grateful for everything of course but man i cant even EAT at the Moment without having to lay down and get rhr of 110 this disease is such a Shitfest!!!

So you Take 2x 100mcg weekly or only 100mcg once a week?

This is interesting! I might retry It with way lower dosages when I am recovered from this severe Crash.

Just ranting, no information from this Point:
Man i Just hate this ducking duck disease of a duck. I can barely Go to the Kirchen ATM and i was housebound before meaning I could actually Play Computer for 3 hours a day without crashing (Crashed after more than 4 though) wich was so great for me i was so thankful for being able to do that since i think some have it worse and i am grateful for everything of course but man i cant even EAT at the Moment without having to lay down and get rhr of 110 this disease is such a Shitfest!!!
5 days on at 100mcg 2 days off then repeat :)

4-6 weeks at a time then take off about the same.
my guide said the breaks allow for the system to start working again on its own.