• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

They found something growing in the lungs

valentinelynx

@HABS93 I am sorry to hear you have lymphoma. I am now very much hoping that you have a highly treatable type of lymphoma. It won't be easy, but you can be treated, and perhaps you will one day be able to put illness behind you and live as a healthy person for the rest of your long interesting life!

I'd like it if you continued to let us know of your progress. We care about you, if I can be so bold as to speak for my forum-mates, and are here to listen to your gripes and successes and provide support if you like. :hug:

YippeeKi YOW !!

@HABS93 , @RebeccaRe, @pamojja, @Moof
It's lymphoma :/
Lets see what kind of lymphoma.
Lymphoma is no walk in the park, but I'm older than you, and thanks to over 2 years of Drs misdiagnoses and dismissiveness, it had a huge head start before treatment started, I was High Grade Stage 3. It had spread thru-out my body, was choking my heart, left lung, colon, and spine. By some miracle tho, it hadn;t invaded any other organ systems, which would have probably been fatal.

I survived, and so will you. I promise. Honest.
@pamojja is right. There are many, many different kids of lymphomas. Do you know yet if it's Hodgkin's or non-Hodgkin's? The biopsy will establish whether small cell or large cell, HL or NHL, and any number of other variations.
I wonder if that has been the cause of your fatigue?
Fatigue is a hallmark of almost all cancers, but particularly those that affect blood/lymph systems.
Lymphoma's quite scary enough, but on the positive side, it's less so than lung cancer.
Absolutely agree!!! Your chances are terrific with lymphoma, but not so sure about with lung cancer.

You're going to be OK, you're going to come thru this, and you're not going to believe how much better you're going to feel!!!

Gingergrrl

I'd like it if you continued to let us know of your progress. We care about you, if I can be so bold as to speak for my forum-mates, and are here to listen to your gripes and successes and provide support if you like. :hug:

Well said @valentinelynx and please keep updating us and letting us know how you are doing @HABS93. I am so sorry to hear that it was lymphoma but we are all definitely here for you to listen and provide support as you kick it's butt.

I second what @Gingergrrl said about paraneoplastic syndromes, if you have a mass in the lungs, this could be the reason for your symptoms!

I wasn't sure @crypt0cu1t if the Mayo paraneoplastic panels would still be useful since the doctor knows it is lymphoma vs. lung cancer. Does lymphoma match with a paraneoplastic syndrome the way that lung cancer does? Am tagging @kangaSue who understands this all much better than me.

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
I wasn't sure @crypt0cu1t if the Mayo paraneoplastic panels would still be useful since the doctor knows it is lymphoma vs. lung cancer. Does lymphoma match with a paraneoplastic syndrome the way that lung cancer does? Am tagging @kangaSue who understands this all much better than me.
I'd definitely say to give the PAVAL panel and/or Quest Autoimmune Neurology panel a go! It's rare but I've found a few case reports of Lymphoma being associated with AE, LEMS, MG and AAG. I'll provide the studies when I get a chance to find them!

It seems like a tumor anywhere can cause a paraneoplastic syndrome regardless of tumor type.
That's why I'm trying very hard to get a full body PET after it being recommended by a physician at the apheresis unit I go to.

Gingergrrl

I'd definitely say to give the PAVAL panel and/or Quest Autoimmune Neurology panel a go! It's rare but I've found a few case reports of Lymphoma being associated with AE, LEMS, MG and AAG. I'll provide the studies when I get a chance to find them!

Thank you and I had forgotten that from 2015 when I tested positive for the calcium channel (paraneoplastic) autoantibody. I was told that while small cell lung cancer was the most common cancer linked to it, that it can be many types of tumors that trigger it.

If you can only do one Mayo panel @HABS93, I would do PAVAL (paraneoplastic panel) b/c it's the most comprehensive of the different paraneoplastic autoantibodies which could be a possible explanation for some of the your other symptoms (not the fatigue and symptoms that are associated with the cancer itself). And if it is totally negative, that is also good to know.

It seems like a tumor anywhere can cause a paraneoplastic syndrome regardless of tumor type. That's why I'm trying very hard to get a full body PET after it being recommended by a physician at the apheresis unit I go to.

I never did a full body PET scan vs. three years of high resolution lung cat scans (although I considered it at the time). That is interesting that the doctor at your apheresis unit recommended it. Can you tell me via PM where your apheresis unit is?

HABS93

@HABS93 , @RebeccaRe, @pamojja, @Moof

Lymphoma is no walk in the park, but I'm older than you, and thanks to over 2 years of Drs misdiagnoses and dismissiveness, it had a huge head start before treatment started, I was High Grade Stage 3. It had spread thru-out my body, was choking my heart, left lung, colon, and spine. By some miracle tho, it hadn;t invaded any other organ systems, which would have probably been fatal.

I survived, and so will you. I promise. Honest.
@pamojja is right. There are many, many different kids of lymphomas. Do you know yet if it's Hodgkin's or non-Hodgkin's? The biopsy will establish whether small cell or large cell, HL or NHL, and any number of other variations.

Fatigue is a hallmark of almost all cancers, but particularly those that affect blood/lymph systems.

Absolutely agree!!! Your chances are terrific with lymphoma, but not so sure about with lung cancer.

You're going to be OK, you're going to come thru this, and you're not going to believe how much better you're going to feel!!!
Hey thank you for caring :). In getting a biopsy at Toronto general next week to see if it's hodgins or non hodgins . Based off those results we start treatment! Honestly crazy. I thought I had chronic fatigue. Brain fog is often a symptom when fatigue sets it . Not sure about the eyes though they might not be related. I'm not entirely sure what a year of living with lymphoma can do other then fatigue.
Oh yeah I haven't seen the Montreal Canadians win a cup and I'm not dieing until I see them win 😂

JES

Hey thank you for caring :). In getting a biopsy at Toronto general next week to see if it's hodgins or non hodgins . Based off those results we start treatment! Honestly crazy. I thought I had chronic fatigue. Brain fog is often a symptom when fatigue sets it . Not sure about the eyes though they might not be related. I'm not entirely sure what a year of living with lymphoma can do other then fatigue.
Oh yeah I haven't seen the Montreal Canadians win a cup and I'm not dieing until I see them win 😂

Good luck and keep strong! Speaking of Montreal and as another hockey fan, it was now almost 20 years ago, but I still remember when former Canadiens captain Saku Koivu got diagnosed with non-hodgkin lymphoma. I remember things looked pretty bad at some point, but incredibly he returned back at the end of the same season and the following season he had his strongest ever year.

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hey thank you for caring :). In getting a biopsy at Toronto general next week to see if it's hodgins or non hodgins . Based off those results we start treatment!
We are all with you. A number of members here have had successful treatment for lymphoma and with the expert doctors available you will too. Please keep us posted. :hug: