• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spooning Tips

Wolfcub

Good to see you around, Howlin' .... sending a large, largely unshampooed hug :hug::hug::hug: :woot::woot:
Right back atcha :rocket::music::star:

Oopps....did I mention the garlic?? Got some of that caught up in tresses too. Never mind....smells like dinner.
One glorious garlic flavoured hug (with a bit of frankincense and lavender thrown in for grace's sake.)

wabi-sabi

@Wolfcub

But how do you deal with the grease and itching of not washing your hair? I think the longest I have gone is 5 days and then I just want to scratch my scalp off.

I'm too sensitive to have either incense or essential oils in my home, as lovely as that sounds.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I'm not pulling that 30 patient number out of my butt. That was taught to me in undergraduate statistics at Rutgers University.

Antivirals Effective Against Coronavirus, PR
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...gainst-coronavirus.79014/page-20#post-2311736
@dave11 ’s links …. the first ones I’ve read are just chock-full of useful information

What I think is going on with long haul covid is that people already are infected with chronic viruses but have a low enough level of antibodies and immune response to be asymptomatic. Then they get infected with covid which co-infects them, their immunity is temporarily lowered because they have to mount an innate response and the other viruses jump into action and spread. The patient is left with chronic covid inside the cells already infected by the other viruses. If the patient did not have the other viruses then they would have cleared the covid because it can't block apoptosis.

I previously mentioned the viruses I was talking about. The most common are EBV, HHV6 and noncytolytic coxsackievirus also add herpes zoster and cytomegalovirus.

Wolfcub

But I've been living out of the same three sets of loungewear, which have now been laundered so often down the years that they're falling apart .... which is pretty depressing. As is my general disinterest in spending my available energy on-line, looking for replacements
They are usually (I've discovered) pretty hard to find. Believe me I've done it....gone through the whole Amazon 45 or so pages, with no result. So now what I do is I patch and mend the old reliable, comforting clothes which I love. Hoping they have a little while longer to live.
That is itself is challenging. I find focused "steady hand" work like that can start to give me the shakes (like over caffeinated without the glorious scent of coffee anywhere on the horizon) I tell myself "all will be well" and light the lamp, and play the classic radio and get stitching. Sometimes....it works.

I am still wearing clothes which are at least 10 years old, just because they are irreplaceably comfortable. I always find sleepwear more vulnerable to the slings and arrows of outrageous sleeping....(or something....possibly gremlins?)

Wolfcub

But how do you deal with the grease and itching of not washing your hair? I think the longest I have gone is 5 days and then I just want to scratch my scalp off.
I don't get itching or greasiness. Maybe it's because my hair tends more to get dry than anything. I actually need a drop or two of oil to help it.
I don't know about dry shampoo ....I have never used it. But it might be helpful for you perhaps?