Nobody has started a thread for spooning tips so I will do it here. Spooning is rationing your energy so you don't have a ME crash. After you learn to do it, it becomes a lifestyle and you'll find ways to work less and still get things done. Here are some things I do. Please add with anything you do to save energy that hasn't been covered.
- When grocery shopping only make one or two trips to the car to bring up groceries (I live on the third floor so it's taxing). I leave anything that doesn't require refrigeration and isn't freezable (in winter) in the trunk and get it the next day when I return for a walk.
- I use the dishwasher every two or three days to do dishes. Putting them away when I have energy.
- I place bowls in positions that minimize me having to perform repetive acts. For example, when filling capsules with bulk powder I have bowls at arm level and try to do two capsules at a time.
- I take baths less often and usually just wash my face.
- I wear the same clothes for a few days until they start to smell funky to do less laundry.
- I rinse out non-meat bowls and store them in the fridge to be used again the next day. This cuts down on dishes.