• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Something to Ponder

Rufous McKinney

Time fascinates me, I'd like to read more about it, what science has proven, etc., what religions says.

Time is a fascinating topic.

There is the guy whose- brain is missing the clock. Its ticking somehow in our brains...and this man- his was broken. I think its a famous New Yorker Story- the New Yorker magazine being often, the best magazine in the world!

And those people who can remember: EVERY SINGLE THING. Wow. They have some stunning access to the calendar of all things. They can simply state- exactly what they were doing at a particular time, on a particular day.

Hard to process.

My brain does not seem to have any calendar. But it does things I can appreciate, so no complaints.

Other than- this. I no longer read books, magazines. A rather three paragraph and no fine print...limit.

And its: 5:04 pm- I turn into Cinderella. Rest.

lenora

Time is a fascinating topic.

There is the guy whose- brain is missing the clock. Its ticking somehow in our brains...and this man- his was broken. I think its a famous New Yorker Story- the New Yorker magazine being often, the best magazine in the world!

And those people who can remember: EVERY SINGLE THING. Wow. They have some stunning access to the calendar of all things. They can simply state- exactly what they were doing at a particular time, on a particular day.

Hard to process.

My brain does not seem to have any calendar. But it does things I can appreciate, so no complaints.

Other than- this. I no longer read books, magazines. A rather three paragraph and no fine print...limit.

And its: 5:04 pm- I turn into Cinderella. Rest.

Yes, I get The New Yorker, and used to get The Atlantic, but found I simply didn't have time for all the magazines I was getting and am down to just two now. Rod gets about 6 business magazines, and reads them cover to cover. Since everything ever printed is of interest to me, I love reading them, too. Still, enough is enough, but there's so much to stay on top of and learn. Perhaps I'm just greedy. That's a simply enough answer and I'll have to think about it. It does make me sad that our daughters don't read any longer....that would be the last thing in the world (apart from family) that I'd give up on.

lenora

Very well put, Rufous, as I tell our daughters, "We were yesterday's children." It does all go by in a blink and the at times be the slowest parade one ever imagined. Time fascinates me, I'd like to read more about it, what science has proven, etc., what religions says. Me the person of a l,000 questions about everything. I need that to keep my mind ticking over constantly. Yours, Lenora
I've re-thought things a bit as I saw some photos that I hadn't seen in a number of years. Actually, they made me very sad as my younger brothers and sisters self-destructed at very early ages. I understand the reasons why, and no one is to blame, including my parents...sometimes life simply takes people in certain directions and that's that. Still, I do wish I hadn't seen those photos as they brought back too many memories that were still close to the surface. I've put them in a place where I'll have access to them, but won't look at them for a very, very long time now. Yours, Lenora

Last edited by a moderator:

lenora

Yes, I get The New Yorker, and used to get The Atlantic, but found I simply didn't have time for all the magazines I was getting and am down to just two now. Rod gets about 6 business magazines, and reads them cover to cover. Since everything ever printed is of interest to me, I love reading them, too. Still, enough is enough, but there's so much to stay on top of and learn. Perhaps I'm just greedy. That's a simply enough answer and I'll have to think about it. It does make me sad that our daughters don't read any longer....that would be the last thing in the world (apart from family) that I'd give up on.

Ah, yes, my Neurologist is one of "those people" who retains every page of every book, every phone no., and just a collection of walking trivia. And yet, he's the most easy going person one has ever met, just a good 'ol CA boy, who likes other people. I don't know what positive force drew us together, but I'll be forever grateful. Yours, Lenora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in writing about how I found out I could Heal after learning to Dowse, and or Divine. It was a busy weekend,and my sister has had two strokes in the last few days, so things have been a bit mixed up. She is in her early eighties, so that makes recovery more difficult.

I was taught to dowse by Bill Northern, a well known Dowser, and animal communicator, who came to New Zealand every year at that time for about three Months to hold Dowsing classes and treat animals with problems but mostly horses. He showed me how to find harmful energies on my land, and in the house, which was real bad, and went right through our bed, and it seemed to be the reason that I would wake up in the morning feeling like I had no sleep, and I hardly had the energy to get out of bed so I would so of roll out and slowly try and stand up.

He said as soon as he arrived on our land, he could feel the bad energies, and started to feel tired so the first thing he did was have a lay down for a couple of hours to rest. Anyway, he taught me all about those energies, and how to divert the underground streams away from houses and sheds where possible. He told me my horses were affected by the energies too, as when we lock them up in a yard, or loosebox, they can't escape from it like they can when running free as they can sense it, as can dogs, and they will do anything to get away from it.

It was quite weird really, as two or three days after Bill had left, I had trained my horses, and when I did one of my horses had been a bit lame like he had been for a while when I started training him, but after about five minutes of jogging he would warm up to the work and come sound.. I couldn't find anything that was causing him any pain, but felt it could not have been too bad as he was only slightly lame, and soon became sound on warming up.

So after I had finished the days training and before I put this horse out in his paddock for the rest of the day, I had this overwhelming feeling that I should try and heal his leg that was causing him to limp a bit when he started jogging. I didn't have a clue what to do, so just wrapped my hand around his fetlock, which is between his ankle and knee, as that was where I had the feeling that was where he needed healing. I used my pendulum to help and tell me how long I should send the healing to the leg, and after about ten minutes it slowly spun slower and slower until it stopped.

The next day he never limped at all when I started working him, and never did again, and I couldn't believe it. That night I happened to be talking on the phone to Bill about something else and happened to ask him if it could have been possible that I might have healed the horse, and Bill said oh yes, very possible as he could sense that I had that gift, as my Divining abilities were strong. If anyone wants to know I could tell you about what I had to do from then on to sharpen my healing abilities, as I really didn't know anything, and still didn't believe that I could heal, as I was just a horse trainer,just me.

Namaste my Friends

Rufous McKinney

Still, enough is enough, but there's so much to stay on top of and learn. Perhaps I'm just greedy. That's a simply enough answer and I'll have to think about it.
l

I think we are too mental at times...and I"ve therefore given myself a break from Quest For All Knowledge, all of the time... perhaps I did enough of that already!

Until quite recently, I was sort of the person who could thru recall: recall alot.... I could in fact do many pretty mentally impressive feats. Could have been a brain surgeon. Had the steady hand....Can drop numbers in meetings, leaving jaws dropped.

Its interesting, therefore, to simply experience being less keenly interested in: all those details.

But there is still wonderment. It can happen. I can perk up and really WANT to understand something...and get a bit of lift, for a few minutes.

Rufous McKinney

Still, I do wish I hadn't seen those photos as they brought back too many memories that were still close to the surface.

We were living remote, me working from home...surrounded by beautiful wilderness, yet I"m getting more and more isolated and I know its not that good for me now.....But it all burnt down. 100% gonners Dec 2017. A couple of boxes were evacuated.

My optimist husband sees no problem. I know most all will soon be lost.

So most of the- triggers are gone. And need to be gone, frankly.

Whats left are mostly toys, childrens books, a few things of my mothers...and I do have the main archival photos..WWII My Father....My Father's career documented in Black and White. I'll probably give all that to my older brother at some point- just keep ONE picture of my Father that i particularly love.

Rufous McKinney

Bill said oh yes, very possible as he could sense that I had that gift, as my Divining abilities were strong.

Thats a great tale, and there is definately something up with certain people having healing abilities....

I studied Tai Chi with a master from Hong Kong.....had I not had a messed up spine perhaps I could have been a contender.

So while many think of it as a martial art, or as that moving thing people do in the meadow...that looks like you arent' doing much (that is a mistaken notion)...the pinnacle of Tai Chi is: healing other people with the Qi you have mustered and directed.

The Tai Chi master does not receive payment- until after your successfully healed. And he possessed many many very expensive things- given to him by those whom he healed.

I was starting on that protocol- when life changed and a career had to launch. Then I"m not in the same town any longer and could not continue the training. The something elses I had to do, took over instead.

lenora

Oh, Lovetheland, I hope your sister is doing better and that she'll recover more than the Dr.'s are probably telling you at this point. Sometimes its best just to clap your hands over your ears at this point. I found that too much information is actually worse than too little...something I never would have thought myself capable of saying. OK...the Roomba's on its way and that thing makes a lot of noise. Checking out for sure. Yours, Lenora.

, Lovetheland, I hope your sister is doing better and that she'll recover more than the Dr.'s are probably telling you at this point

Thanks for your concern, but it does not sound very good at the moment, but she is a very loving tough lady, and I am sure she will fight all the way.

lenora

I'm sorry to hear that, Lovetheland. I'm sure you performed Reiki on her, didn't you? We all need help in some manner when we're in such a weakened state. I'm sure you were there for her and that she's most appreciative of it. Keep me posted. Yours, Lenora.

jesse's mom

So let's get back to the topic for which this thread was started. Things to Ponder...

I have been practicing a form of meditation for a long time called, in the original tongue of the Buddha, Metta. It translates to lovingkindness. I am finding that my practice deepens over time and I am becoming much more accepting of myself, warts and all. I am finding it easier to support my family and even the world at large.

Even people who annoy the shit out of me... other drivers on the road, the lady at the gym that takes up the best shower for 45 minutes, the waitress who is overworked and grumpy. I am finally, on a good day really knowing the feeling of equanimity.

Please take a moment if you will and try this meditation!

Namaste,

Jesse's Mom

@YippeeKi YOW !! @Howard @Wolfcub @RebeccaRe @Sushi ***Five is the limit of our software, so there are many I wish I could tag. Please tag others who you think would enjoy this meditation.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

my sister has had two strokes in the last few days, so things have been a bit mixed up. She is in her early eighties, so that makes recovery more difficult.
Oh, I'm so sorry @Lovetheland .

How is your sister holding up? How are you?

Can you use any of your animal healing skills to help her? Not necessarily cure her of the after effects, but just soften the road?

Sending you loving, hope-filled thoughts .....