• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sock It To ME

usedtobeperkytina

There is always Cher. LOL

Another idea, Randy Newman, who is public about his illness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA (What is it with piano players and CFS? Maybe it has something to do with being able to sit down to do perform) Forgive the 1970s time of the video. He doesn't perform as much recently. But here he is more recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXARdPb4YBs

Dennis DeYoung .... Here he talks about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKnlLwbiGLY .... So sad how much we all lose from this illness. Here he is performing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TSmSrf2TI (The piano again?)

Wouldn't it be great if all these musicians got together to do something. But Cher would have to be taught how to play the piano.

I would love to see Cher and Randy Newman singing together. I'd pay for that. LOL The image is making me laugh.

Tina

jace

Off the fence
Not a whole lot of views on that YouTube link, under 300 and posted september 2009...

I once got clearance from the Pink Floyd to use Set your controls for the heart of the sun, they waived fees as it was a community project. I just contacted the artist's agent with the request. They were really nice about it. Idea?

creekfeet

Sockfeet
Whale... I got access for tonight and tomorrow to a high-powered publicity database so I can get some good media contacts to which I'll send the press release. Unfortunately this happens at a time when I'm fairly wiped out so I'll just have to do my best from bed and other bits and pieces will have to wait. Wish me luck! Is there a patron deity of web research?

usedtobeperkytina

I wasn't indicating that we needed permission to use the phrase, although I did wonder if it is registered slogan for Laugh In. But I wasn't concerned enough to mention it. I only told about the other community project using it so you would know, just in case it comes up.

Tina

creekfeet

Sockfeet
Can't load youtube over dialup: what other community proj?

Pls xcuse telegraphic style. Am on thin ice energywise!

Big cognitive trouble trying to use research svc for Publicity. Again ANYONE with PR exp/a media emailing list, please? Help?

jace

Off the fence
I wasn't indicating that we needed permission to use the phrase, although I did wonder if it is registered slogan for Laugh In. But I wasn't concerned enough to mention it. I only told about the other community project using it so you would know, just in case it comes up.

Tina

Sorry. I was talking about getting clearance for the Aretha version of R E S P E C T, shich is still under copyright. PRS are the music copyright police. But if you get clearance agreement from the artist, then this should be easy to square. Perhaps you'all have moved on from that idea. Just my two cents worth (scuse the bad american translation...:?)

creekfeet

Sockfeet
Had to take today off, hoping to catch up on some of my family business tomorrow, and then hope to be back on the job the next day sending out Releases. I hate having to drop things but must for the time being. Can barely compose a sentence.

Tammie

Creekfeet, i think that it will definitely be worth it.....sorry you are so burned out, but please try not to lose heart - this IS a great idea!!