• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rewinding your biological age

Wishful

Not necessarily about the particular anti-aging treatment of this thread, but I thought of a possible complication of a treatment that increased cell longevity. The body has cells that are supposed to last only a short time before replacement. Imagine if the treatment made the intestinal liner cells hang around longer than they should, making the layer too thick to pass nutrients. That's the kind of unexpected result that might not show up immediately in the first human trial. There's a reason why drugs take 20 years to maybe get approval for human use.

If this treatment is actually useful and without serious side-effects, then even if approval in NA takes 20 years, it will probably be available earlier in some other countries. There must be some PWME with plenty of money for experimental treatments, and they can report success for ME (or lack thereof).

Oliver3

Imagine if it just made it healthier and more functional. If we wait tae ty years..we're all gonna be a lot closer to death.
Time to be brave not pedantic

Oliver3

Not necessarily about the particular anti-aging treatment of this thread, but I thought of a possible complication of a treatment that increased cell longevity. The body has cells that are supposed to last only a short time before replacement. Imagine if the treatment made the intestinal liner cells hang around longer than they should, making the layer too thick to pass nutrients. That's the kind of unexpected result that might not show up immediately in the first human trial. There's a reason why drugs take 20 years to maybe get approval for human use.

If this treatment is actually useful and without serious side-effects, then even if approval in NA takes 20 years, it will probably be available earlier in some other countries. There must be some PWME with plenty of money for experimental treatments, and they can report success for ME (or lack thereof).
The treatment with Liz Parrish just improved her biological health immensely.... imagine that! No side effects.
I look forward to the tide turning in favour of regenerative medicine as we see from my previous post on stem cells for m.s.
But sure, you keep on with your " ideas"

Wishful

If we wait tae ty years..we're all gonna be a lot closer to death.
Time to be brave not pedantic
Being brave would be trying it. The point is that it's not readily available for trying at this point in time. Well, it is, at a high price, and I don't feel confident in the chance of "winning the gamble", so I wouldn't gamble half a million or whatever it costs at this point. I consider that being realistic.

I'm certainly not against regenerative medicine. If our governments are allocating tax money to medical research, I'd far rather it goes to regenerative medicine than "expensive pill for the rest of your life" drugs.

Rufous McKinney

As I said , a poster to Janet dafoe on Facebook said stemcell therapy had completely reversed her bed bound state and she's been free of m.e. for years now.
I bought a supplement called Stem Cell Complete.

Its basically a proprietary blend using pomegranate extract, (40% ellagic acid).

I dont understand what about this substance, is involved in stem cells. (maybe nothing?)

(then it says it might someday help joints; I've not tried to look up how does ellegic acid help joints?)

However, that pill plus having LDN back is helping me feel alot better. So far, its miraculous.

Rufous McKinney

This can lead to sarcopenia in aging
pretty sure this has happened here.

Its appalling.

Because frankly I do not think I am THAT DECONDITIONED.

I"ve been picking up an ever growing baby for the last year. I Move around, I am up in chairs etc. I'll scrub a floor once and a while (probably crash later)

Most brutal is just plain having no remaining Gluteus Maximus

Rufous McKinney

growth hormone stopped and reversed the muscle wasting
my husband, eight years older than I am, has lost most of his muscles, too. Due to some entirely different issue, but it seems like he has connective tissue problems/ some genetic factors that mess with collagen; he has foot and hand problems (contraction problems)

BTW: my husband took some very special growth stimulation hormone related stuff, for many YEARS.

Rufous McKinney

I dont understand what about this substance, is involved in stem cells. (maybe nothing?)

here is a study that found ellagic acid may help with anti aging and regeneration of brain nerves :

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27794200/

2017 Mar;61(3).
doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201600587. Epub 2016 Dec 2.

Ellagic acid improves endogenous neural stem cells proliferation and neurorestoration through Wnt/β-catenin signaling in vivo and in vitro​

Oliver3

I call it facultative EDS

You end up EDS-like
Jen brea just posted a lengthy discussion on how this happens. A lot of it makes great sense. Mast cells in strange places in the body like parts of the brain or in bone. Eds or as you say an eds that's brought on by infection etc. Regenerative tissue repair, stem cells, even better mast cell treatments are all possible. I will look into the elkagic acid.
I'm just bought some very expensive Korean ginseng which stimulates stem cells...it's gentle but helps for sure. I also bought astralagus as it was mentioned here. Helped straight away.
Obviously be careful. This stuff is very individual.
Glad you're like me, looking for ways to fight back. Thank you for your post. I will look into it.
The neural stem cell trial for m.s. gives me a lot of hope.
I've also seen that bio tech companies are starting to invest in crispr.
Did you see in the news that genes have been found in the bones of ancient European herders that were protective for that life lived then but now predispose us to autoimmune m.s well if we can use crispr for that..great. they're already using neural stem cell injections in separate studies.
I mailed that to Janet dafoe. There's lots of info accruing. Hope it passes the pem

Oliver3

I bought a supplement called Stem Cell Complete.

Its basically a proprietary blend using pomegranate extract, (40% ellagic acid).

(then it says it might someday help joints; I've not tried to look up how does ellegic acid help joints?)

However, that pill plus having LDN back is helping me feel alot better. So far, its miraculous.
Pomegranate helps me..as do other polyphenols..I cycle through them.
I'd love to try the muscle regrowth. Liz Parrish has proved it works and yes it may be different for m.e. people or it may be a game changer.
Did you see the dysfunction they've found in muscle. Cort has posted a study on health rising.
Any regenerative medicine that can rewind the clock or attenuate muscle function has got to be positive.
I think we need new forward thinking treatment. Bold and new.
Like I said previously, someone messaged Janet dafoe recent and said a three thousand dollar mezanchymal stem cell infusion cured her m.e.
Obviously I'm not naive enough to think that would happen to everyone but I'd like up in the question to give it a go

Oliver3

Being brave would be trying it. The point is that it's not readily available for trying at this point in time. Well, it is, at a high price, and I don't feel confident in the chance of "winning the gamble", so I wouldn't gamble half a million or whatever it costs at this point. I consider that being realistic.

I'm certainly not against regenerative medicine. If our governments are allocating tax money to medical research, I'd far rather it goes to regenerative medicine than "expensive pill for the rest of your life" drugs.
Doesn't cost half a million and Frankly do what you feels right for you. I've got the balls to try anything. I want my life back.
I dont care. I'm just putting the idea out there as it's not talked about enough and any other medical intervention has likely been tried . They will be just treatments that hold the disease at bay.
So at the end of all this, youre basically agreeing with me.
Lose the negativity

Rufous McKinney

I'm just bought some very expensive Korean ginseng which stimulates stem cells...it's gentle but helps for sure. I also bought astralagus as it was mentioned here. Helped straight away.
Obviously be careful. This stuff is very individua
I"m going to ask my Chinese herbalist about whether I can tolerate the correct ginseng. It's been in my mix in the past, but that was quite a while ago. Which type I don't recall.

I generally follow his advice; he often recommends I take some other form of X or Y, due to my known intolerances and deficiencies and side effects and they always do a mix of things/ entourage effects.

Back