• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Researchers say they have found a link in the pathology between long COVID and myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).

CSMLSM

Oh no! So sorry! That breaks my heart. I thought I was going to lose my dog a little over a week ago, so I have partially gone through the grief. She went several days without eating. She's had problems for over a year but that was the scariest.

I will hope beyond hope that she will somehow be okay, but if not, I at least hope you will be okay.
Thank you for your kind words.

Violeta

Really glad to read this. Hows the copaiba going or have you not started yet? Gelatin capsules with 1 or 2 drops to start will help too. I use 5-6 drops when I do take it this way but not as frequently as before.

The first day that I got it (last week) I took two doses, one drop each. The next day I was so sick, even vomited. The smell was in my head all day, every time I inhaled I smelled it. I thought I would never be able to tolerate the smell again. Today I almost took another drop so the bad memory is wearing off and I will take a drop tonight.

Putting it in a capsule might make it more tolerable. It doesn't have a bad smell, it's just that since I got sick and then kept smelling it all day, it's hard to tolerate it.

Thank you for your kind words.

Really sorry to hear about your cat. Sending love all the way from Norway! Take your time. We will wait to learn more from you when you are ready!

The Road goes ever on and on
Out from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
Let others follow it who can!
Let them a journey new begin,
But I at last with weary feet
Will turn towards the lighted inn,
My evening-rest and sleep to meet.

CSMLSM

The first day that I got it (last week) I took two doses, one drop each. The next day I was so sick, even vomited. The smell was in my head all day, every time I inhaled I smelled it. I thought I would never be able to tolerate the smell again. Today I almost took another drop so the bad memory is wearing off and I will take a drop tonight.

Putting it in a capsule might make it more tolerable. It doesn't have a bad smell, it's just that since I got sick and then kept smelling it all day, it's hard to tolerate it.
Really sorry to hear this. Orally will not reach the brain/nervous system so sublingual in a mix with a carrier oil may be the way to go. Pure is quite strong. You could just use a seed oil to mix like rapeseed. Orally is to help the gastrointestinal issues. I do not know what else to suggest right now, I just accept this is what I have to do and see it as a small price to pay for almost normal health.

I hope you can find a solution you are happy with. Maybe vaporising it, if you think it does not have a bad smell maybe use a diffuser in say a bathroom with doors and windows closed. This would be the simplest and cheapest way to try vaporising Copaiba. Just a candle under the diffuser dish with some carrier oil or even just some water with a drop or two of Copaiba added works.

Violeta

Really sorry to hear this. Orally will not reach the brain/nervous system so sublingual in a mix with a carrier oil may be the way to go. Pure is quite strong. You could just use a seed oil to mix like rapeseed. Orally is to help the gastrointestinal issues. I do not know what else to suggest right now, I just accept this is what I have to do and see it as a small price to pay for almost normal health.

I hope you can find a solution you are happy with. Maybe vaporising it, if you think it does not have a bad smell maybe use a diffuser in say a bathroom with doors and windows closed. This would be the simplest and cheapest way to try vaporising Copaiba. Just a candle under the diffuser dish with some carrier oil or even just some water with a drop or two of Copaiba added works.

I will definitely keep trying. I think the reaction just showed how effective copaiba will be for my issues. I can accept herxheimer reactions, too.

This reaction was to taking it sublingually. I plan on taking it both ways, actually. As for sublingually, I have had swollen submaxillary glands for many years and am hoping this will melt (if I can use that word) the causative agent out of there. Also, just had a thought, a hopeful thought, suppose this helps with glymphatic issues!

Thanks for the info about leptins. I will continue to look around, too.

Keep us posted about your cat.

Violeta

When it comes to carrophylene, is it safe to use copaiba eteric oil like this: https://www.kinsarvik.no/produkt/sunvita-copaiba-olje-10-ml/

Also, Violeta, this may be an alternative to oil https://apoc.com.au/product/bcp-replenishbeta-caryophyllene-cb2/
Thank you, @Niklas, that's very interesting. Are you going to try the replenish beta-caryophyllene?

I will probably stick with the copaiba oil because of it being very economical. But let us know if you try the Replenish.

One serving equal to 6 Tablespoons of cloves or basil!

All these products with caryophyllene means the information about caryophyllene has been around for some time, I can't believe I am just finding out about it now!

That was a very nice poem to Daniel about his cat possibly passing on.

Crux

I cannot find the information on this as I am still super unorganised and I am currently dealing with my cat being very ill so I will get back to you on this when I can focus on things more.

Sorry to read this too !

We've lost cats to CKD. I've been making their food. I suspect it was too low in calcium. Phosphorus accumulates. common in CKD.

There's research supporting treatment using calcium and chitosan. I'm adding calcium gluconate and chitosan to the food we're feeding our ferals.

We'll see, the grief is so painful.

Best to you and your Cat.:happy-cat:

bensmith

All good, thanks.

@SWAlexander - cant be exposed to smoke, synthetics of various kinds, obv no weed, black pepper. I get bad nausea if i do, then bad cramps, then extreme nausea. Assuming i dont stop.

It also interacts with both my other serious conditions, me/cfs and hppd.

keepontruckin

published yesterday

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2022.952987/full

The conclusion at the very bottom says: dexamethasone

Conclusion
Our study found the common genes between Long COVID and ME/CFS. Long COVID and ME/CFS show relative similarities in infection, neuroinflammation, energetic metabolic dysfunction, and impaired immune function by a series of bioinformatics analyses. The long-term health consequences of COVID-19 are not to be neglected, and dexamethasone may treat patients with Long COVID and ME/CFS by modulating the HPA axis, although the predicted results still need to be rigorously validated by experiments.