• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reporting improvement.

SWAlexander

Maybe some of you remember me posting my leg covered with urticaria. My skin felt like a wet sponge and thought the layers will separate if I´m rubbing it.
On Sept. 15th I received the news that my Vitamin D level is still borderline low after taking Vit. D, 2x a week 20000 I.E.
With no answer from the hospital, I suppose to be admitted between Aug 30th and the first week of Sept. no new advice from neither my oncologist nor my neurologist and for sure no appointment to see a hematologist I read up on mast cell and vitamin D.
After reading many papers I found a very confirming one. Then I shifted gears while I remember past experiences about being on the beach and in the wintertime sauna and solarium.
This evening at 7 pm I took a very hot bath, since I have no access to a sauna, lotion all places with urticaria on my body with Calcipotriderm, took a ½ of antihistamine and went to bed at 7:30. I woke the next morning up after 12 hours of sleep feeling a bit more energized. The same morning I went to a tanning studio, and I started carefully with 8 min in the solarium. So far I have repeated this procedure 3 times and I can report that my urticaria reduced by 40 %.
But more fascinating is my clouded vision is also slightly improving. On top of all my energy level is astoundingly better. I can do things now I would have only dreamed of a month ago. My muscles are less weak and my spine is not forcing me to sit after standing for 10 minutes as it has for the last 20 months. On top of all, I can eat a bigger variety of food now without an allergic reaction.
Oh, one more - my anxiety is way down. In other words, I´m coming alive again.
I will continue on this path with solarium and report whatever happens.

Paper: https://europepmc.org/article/med/25976440#id325394

Irat

Maybe some of you remember me posting my leg covered with urticaria. My skin felt like a wet sponge and thought the layers will separate if I´m rubbing it.
On Sept. 15th I received the news that my Vitamin D level is still borderline low after taking Vit. D, 2x a week 20000 I.E.
With no answer from the hospital, I suppose to be admitted between Aug 30th and the first week of Sept. no new advice from neither my oncologist nor my neurologist and for sure no appointment to see a hematologist I read up on mast cell and vitamin D.
After reading many papers I found a very confirming one. Then I shifted gears while I remember past experiences about being on the beach and in the wintertime sauna and solarium.
This evening at 7 pm I took a very hot bath, since I have no access to a sauna, lotion all places with urticaria on my body with Calcipotriderm, took a ½ of antihistamine and went to bed at 7:30. I woke the next morning up after 12 hours of sleep feeling a bit more energized. The same morning I went to a tanning studio, and I started carefully with 8 min in the solarium. So far I have repeated this procedure 3 times and I can report that my urticaria reduced by 40 %.
But more fascinating is my clouded vision is also slightly improving. On top of all my energy level is astoundingly better. I can do things now I would have only dreamed of a month ago. My muscles are less weak and my spine is not forcing me to sit after standing for 10 minutes as it has for the last 20 months. On top of all, I can eat a bigger variety of food now without an allergic reaction.
Oh, one more - my anxiety is way down. In other words, I´m coming alive again.
I will continue on this path with solarium and report whatever happens.

Paper: https://europepmc.org/article/med/25976440#id325394
Glad you shiftet gear,as so much oral vit d is very toxic and can come with long term side effects.plus sunlight does not come in pill ,you can t supplement sunlight .the only thing I m concerned about the harm of a solarium.you might want to research into this and mabey thinking about getting a vit d lamp for the winter

https://www.gaia.com/article/dr-jack-kruse-explains-the-importance-of-sunlight-vitamin-d-for-health

Sunlight fuels your mitochondria,a pill can t do this

Last edited:

SWAlexander

Glad you shiftet gear,as so much oral vit d is very toxic and can come with long term side effects.plus sunlight does not come in pill ,you can t supplement sunlight .the only thing I m concerned about the harm of a solarium.you might want to research into this and mabey thinking about getting a vit d lamp for the winter

https://www.gaia.com/article/dr-jack-kruse-explains-the-importance-of-sunlight-vitamin-d-for-health

Sunlight fuels your mitochondria,a pill can t do this

Thank you. I´m familiar with the danger. I have also psoriasis and had at least 50 hours puva and many ours on the beach before age 40. It is funny, I´m plagued with many illnesses, but never got skin cancer. The Vit D lamp is a very good idea. thanks.

Irat

Thank you. I´m familiar with the danger. I have also psoriasis and had at least 50 hours puva and many ours on the beach before age 40. It is funny, I´m plagued with many illnesses, but never got skin cancer.
Sunlight prevents skin cancer.(when not excessive)Nowadays ppl are covered with toxic sun cream and wearing sunglasses,and thinking taking vit d does the job,but sunlight is what fuels our mitochondria and we need it on our skin and through our retina.its also so important for our immune system and mood and is such an important "nutrient" and key for health

The morning sun prepares our skin for more sun exposure and the late afternoon sun repairs some damage that is done.embrace the sun

Last edited:

SWAlexander

Sunlight prevents skin cancer.(when not excessive)Nowadays ppl are covered with toxic sun cream and wearing sunglasses,and thinking taking vit d does the job,but sunlight is what fuels our mitochondria and we need it on our skin and through our retina.its also so important for our immune system and mood and is such an important "nutrient" and key for health

The morning sun prepares our skin for more sun exposure and the late afternoon sun repairs some damage that is done.embrace the sun
It also reduces depression and the sauna is detoxing.

Irat

I've certainly never heard that sunlight fuels mitochondria. Mitochondria don't photosynthesize. They oxidize sugars, fats, or amino acids to produce ATP (or convert ADP into ATP); no light photons required.
Jack Kruse:
Each cell in our bodies contains an energy-producing powerhouse called the mitochondria. Dr. Kruse explains that mitochondria need fuel from sunlight to produce basic electrical charges.

The sun is a more efficient source of electrons than food. Your mitochondria use the flow of electrons to keep you energized. This is called the ECT (Electron Transport Chain) in the metabolism lingo of physiologists and biochemists. We can get electrons to power our mitochondria through food or from the Earth and Sun. Believe it or not, we can get 66% of our electrons directly from the earth and the sun!

All foods are broken down into their electrons and foods are stripped of specific hydrogen atoms to be fed into electron chain transporters and those electrons have to get assigned a new spin and excitation state in mitochondria. So incident light from the sun really acts as the currency of the compound pharmacy in our pituitary every day to make things we need from light to live our life in our local environment.”

Vitamin D3 is just the chemical signal made after unpolarized light is captured by our skin and in the pill form, it does not the power of the sun’s light or photons. Taking supplemental vitamin D3 is like trying to hire someone else to do your push-ups for you. “

https://thepointretreats.com/blog/c...-a-picture-book-of-the-points-latest-retreat/
https://justinhealth.com/functional...f-sunlight-and-your-mitochondria-podcast-135/

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php

Last edited:

Wishful

We can get electrons to power our mitochondria through food or from the Earth and Sun. Believe it or not, we can get 66% of our electrons directly from the earth and the sun!

Okay, I'll choose to not believe it. Electrons do not power our mitochondria. The energy for producing ATP comes from the difference in energy states between atoms in one configuration (glucose molecule for example) and in a different configuration (CO2, H2O, and whatever else). The electrons in the transport chain are just mediators between those two configurations. Supplying extra free electrons to the body does not change the production level of ATP.

We were discussing this a bit earlier in this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...agal-tone-instantly.85321/page-3#post-2363557

Irat

Okay, I'll choose to not believe it. Electrons do not power our mitochondria. The energy for producing ATP comes from the difference in energy states between atoms in one configuration (glucose molecule for example) and in a different configuration (CO2, H2O, and whatever else). The electrons in the transport chain are just mediators between those two configurations. Supplying extra free electrons to the body does not change the production level of ATP.

We were discussing this a bit earlier in this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...agal-tone-instantly.85321/page-3#post-2363557
I did not write that,,...but whatever is true or not,sun is life ,and light does a lot of things for us...oh you could challenge Kruse on his forum.would be interested what he says.

Last edited:

Howard

suffering ceases when craving is removed
Glad to hear about your improvement. For what it's worth, I've been using a vitamin D (UVB) lamp off and on for the past 3 years (was unable to tolerate oral vitamin D).

When I started, my D level was 15ng/mL - After 18 months I was able to raise it up to 35ng/mL

During this of time, I improved significantly overall (still in bed though), but this also coincided with my utilizing tart cherry powder. So I'm not sure if one or both were positively impactful (though evidence suggest the tart cherry powder being most helpful.. increased sleep quality and duration, etc.).

The UVB light cost approximately $400.

H

SWAlexander

I don´t want to convince anybody. Here are some clips from BIO lectures.
"Sunlight has a very important job in photosynthesis. ... The energy captured by chlorophyll can be used in photosynthesis to make sugar. When a plant gets limited sunlight, photosynthesis slows down. This also means that the plant might not be getting enough sugar—its energy source."
"Plants use the energy of the sun to change water and carbon dioxide into a sugar called glucose. Glucose is used by plants for energy and to make other substances like cellulose and starch."
"Photosynthesis is food production using the energy from sunlight. Chloroplasts are the organelles where photosynthesis occurs. Mitochondria are the organelles that convert the energy in food into ATP to be used as chemical energy by the cell. "

Irat

If this were true we'd die overnight or in the long winter in northern climates.
They uses the food chain and cold therapy I guess (cold exposure regulate mitochondria biogenesis-related gene expression in soleus and inguinal adipose )

I m not a physicist, But I think we can t and should not mess around with the rules of mother nature and what nature offers us .We are drowning in EMF and artificial light etc,and believe that if we just take a pill for everything we will be fine,while everyone just becomes sicker and sicker

Last edited by a moderator:

SWAlexander

Glad to hear about your improvement. For what it's worth, I've been using a vitamin D (UVB) lamp off and on for the past 3 years (was unable to tolerate oral vitamin D).

When I started, my D level was 15ng/mL - After 18 months I was able to raise it up to 35ng/mL

During this of time, I improved significantly overall (still in bed though), but this also coincided with my utilizing tart cherry powder. So I'm not sure if one or both were positively impactful (though evidence suggest the tart cherry powder being most helpful.. increased sleep quality and duration, etc.).

The UVB light cost approximately $400.

H

I hear you. We need to find our way out. I know Vit D meds affect my kidnys and I react to everything very fast. I have a fast metabolism.

SWAlexander

Since there is no „cure“ available yet, many doctors failed for whatever reason, I will try everything in the range of my knowledge and past experience, to keep me alive.

wabi-sabi

I m not a physicist,
I'm not either, but I did take physics and biology in high school. The trouble here is more basic science literacy.

If this Kruse person is saying things that are blantantly false about physics and bio basics, we need to be very careful about what he says about more complicated things.

Last edited by a moderator:

wabi-sabi

"Plants use the energy of the sun to change water and carbon dioxide into a sugar called glucose.
Yes, plants can photosynthesize! They're sort of magical that way. We can't-I think if that as one of the fundamental differences between animals and plants.

Plants have both mitochondria and chloroplasts. The chloroplasts turn the sun's light energy into glucose and then the mitochondria turn that glucose into ATP. The mitos can't turn sunlight into ATP directly in either plants or animals. That's just not their job.

Our energy ultimately comes from the sun, but through the food chain-eating plants and animals, not from the sun directly.

should not mess around with the rules of mother nature and what nature offers us
I also think Mother Nature is just wonderful. But I also think that if we are really to appreciate her, we have to understand what she's really doing. Sunlight, energy, plants, and animals all form a lovely web of interconnection. But it doesn't work like Kruse says it does.