• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Promising Mitochondrial Peptides: SS-31 / Elamipretide + MOTS-c and Humanin

leokitten

There are a handful of CFS patients that are currently taking SS-31 at dosages ranging from 5mg to 50mg per day.Unfortunately the results aren't very positive so far but it may need some time.

Do you know approx how long they’ve been trialing it?

sometexan84

All the ME metabolomics and mitochondrial research to date hasn’t found anything abnormal with the functioning of our mitochondria except for this paper I believe:

An Isolated Complex V Inefficiency and Dysregulated Mitochondrial Function in Immortalized Lymphocytes from ME/CFS Patients
The Complex V study is a good one. That's for EBV.

Prusty and Naviaux have shown HHV-6 causes mito dysfunction as well.

EBV and HHV-6 are two of the most (if not THE two most) viruses associated w/ ME/CFS.

I don't understand why people still question whether mitochondrial dysfunction plays a role in CFS..

Hoosierfans

@mitoMAN Are there any success stories of SS31 yet? That justify the price? Or the newer substance? Who is currently selling it?

What about humanin?

As for SS-31, I don’t know of any. I searched my peptides FB group, and everyone was excited about it but then couldn’t get their hands on it bc Stealth made everyone pull it off the market.

As for MOTS-c / Humanin (combined), there have been several people on that board who have reported success with fatigue issues and brain fog...I’ve asked for updated reports but aren’t getting them yet.

I’m gonna check my Reddit board today.

mitoMAN

Stealth sued all vendors for SS-31.

Badpack was using an USA source of SS-31.
I had used a chinese source for SS-31. Both were tested in a 3rd lab and verified authentic.
Right now - you can only get it from China. 560mg raw Powder freebase peptide cost 485$ Shipped.

Badpack noticed small improvements on 50mg SS-31 daily and then a worsening. He triald it for 1 month.
I had been using 10-40mg SS-31 daily and noticed an improvements as well but then possibly a worsening and ran out of stock as my redelivery was lost in the mail.

I had also run 10mg SS-31 and 5-10mg Mots-C daily afterwards with minor improvements.
Humanin I had triald 2-5mg daily for 10days and didnt notice anything. I think it should be cominbed with Mots-C and SS-31.

The source of Mots-C costs 530mg raw Powder freebase peptide at 610$ shipped.

Hoosierfans

Stealth sued all vendors for SS-31.

Badpack was using an USA source of SS-31.
I had used a chinese source for SS-31. Both were tested in a 3rd lab and verified authentic.
Right now - you can only get it from China. 560mg raw Powder freebase peptide cost 485$ Shipped.

Badpack noticed small improvements on 50mg SS-31 daily and then a worsening. He triald it for 1 month.
I had been using 10-40mg SS-31 daily and noticed an improvements as well but then possibly a worsening and ran out of stock as my redelivery was lost in the mail.

I had also run 10mg SS-31 and 5-10mg Mots-C daily afterwards with minor improvements.
Humanin I had triald 2-5mg daily for 10days and didnt notice anything. I think it should be cominbed with Mots-C and SS-31.

The source of Mots-C costs 530mg raw Powder freebase peptide at 610$ shipped.

Yes re combining Mots-C w Humanin. That’s the response I’ve seen on my peptide board. The two need to be combined. Let me find a link to the study provided (bit over my head but I’m sure you and @Learner1 can explain it lol!$

Learner1

Yes re combining Mots-C w Humanin. That’s the response I’ve seen on my peptide board. The two need to be combined. Let me find a link to the study provided (bit over my head but I’m sure you and @Learner1 can explain it lol!$
I'm not familiar with Humanin. I tried MITS-C, which increased my fatigue within a week, which from following up with a researcher, seems to be because it interferes with folate metabolism and therefore, methylation

Resveratrol also activates AMPK and is somewhat cheaper and easier to get a hold of, without the negative folate effect. My doctor has me on 1g 50% standardized resveratrol a day. There are genetics that may make one for better with more or less resveratrol, and it can interact with osteocalcin, T3 thyroid hormone, and SIRT1. Worth discussing with one's doctor to find the right dosing, but it's been far more helpful to me than MOTS-C.

Lieselotte

I had looked into MOTS-C a while ago and decided not to try it as I had read about the methylation/folate issues @Learner1 mentions above.

I also decided to hold off on Humanin after hearing on a podcast that it has a role in mitochondrial biogenesis. I thought maybe making more mitochondria in a crippling environment wasn't the answer. But supposedly it does have some protective properties as well in regards to oxidative stress.

Another one people are all excited about is 5-amino 1MQ which apparently increases intracellular NAD+ and helps with weight loss.