• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POLL. Which other conditions do you have?

Please select any of these conditions you have or had.

• Total voters

vision blue

I show 116 responses, but that would include people checking multiple issues, which took me a good 15 minutes to figure out ....

H
Yes, the total number of indidual respondes rather thsn responses is shown at bottom of poll results.

Will be interesting to k ow the average number of diseases from this short list. Besides cfs, on average so far a person has at least 2.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Hi @vision blue ...

Am pretty much buried in a lot of stuff right now, but it occured to me that if you changed the title of this thread to POLL ... Establishing Some Idea Of How Many Other Conditions PR Members Deal With, Along With ME/CFS ...Need 100 Responses For Baseline ... Please Help !!!

Of course shorter would be better, but I'm not good at that today ....

I put in IBS since that’s my only diagnosis at this point. I put it in disautonomia other than POTS as I’m not sure where else to put it. I don’t even know if I have ME/CFS yet, so I didn’t tick that box, although I have pretty severe and definite PEM, which only seems to be caused by ME/CFS.
Thanks for the poll, it’s really interesting

vision blue

Hi @vision blue ...

Am pretty much buried in a lot of stuff right now, but it occured to me that if you changed the title of this thread to POLL ... Establishing Some Idea Of How Many Other Conditions PR Members Deal With, Along With ME/CFS ...Need 100 Responses For Baseline ... Please Help !!!

Of course shorter would be better, but I'm not good at that today ....

In the past I've tried changing titles of polls but it doesn't seem to let me. I find that unless I put POLL in the header, people often miss it. It doesn't do that automatically and half the time I forget.

vision blue

I put in IBS since that’s my only diagnosis at this point. I put it in disautonomia other than POTS as I’m not sure where else to put it. I don’t even know if I have ME/CFS yet, so I didn’t tick that box, although I have pretty severe and definite PEM, which only seems to be caused by ME/CFS.
Thanks for the poll, it’s really interesting

That's interesting. What i should have done is spell out what disorders go in each bin since theyre unfortunately too open to intepreation- not that that's our fault, all the ambiguity is the same ambiguity that's in the the literature. so for example, "IBS" is such a wastebasket category. I think for some it is indeed a motility issue due to dysautomia but for many its just an altered gut microbiome due perhaps to prior antibiotic use. For others still, it probably reflects increased inflammation in colon, e.g. increase in secretoary IgA, so that would not be dysautonomia either. So i'd say if you think yours is due to an autonomic problem, then yes you were right to check it off. But if you have no reason for suspecting that as opposed to one of the other causes of ibs, i'd say probably unchecking it makes the most consistent sense

vision blue

p.s. the old posts are too old for it to let me edit so I can;t clarify on each disorder in a place where people might see it.

It's probably too soon to comment - will wait for more survey takers. I intentionally put a couple of items on that I suspected would be 0s or close. Will discuss that all later.

YippeeKi YOW !!

In the past I've tried changing titles of polls but it doesn't seem to let me. I find that unless I put POLL in the header, people often miss it. It doesn't do that automatically and half the time I forget.
I was tired and ragged when I wrote this, and I didnt mean that "POLL" should be eliminated from your title, cause you're right. Without the upfront notification that THIS IS A POLL, a lot of people will just glide by it.

To change your poll title, go to your poll thread. At the top right side you'll see three little dots with an arrow to their right. Click on the arrow, and a pop-up window will appear, giving you the option to EDIT. Click on that, ad another long pop-up window will appear, which is where you can EDIT THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD.

You can edit the body of your thread in the usual way, and for the usual period of time.

vision blue

I was tired and ragged when I wrote this, and I didnt mean that "POLL" should be eliminated from your title, cause you're right. Without the upfront notification that THIS IS A POLL, a lot of people will just glide by it.

To change your poll title, go to your poll thread. At the top right side you'll see three little dots with an arrow to their right. Click on the arrow, and a pop-up window will appear, giving you the option to EDIT. Click on that, ad another long pop-up window will appear, which is where you can EDIT THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD.

You can edit the body of your thread in the usual way, and for the usual period of time.
Great. Thanks. Will try. Must have missed the dots that allow that.