• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POLL: CC allele in rs9557195

What is your rs9557195 allele?

• (T;T) Allele

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • (C;T) Allele

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • (C;C) Allele

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

nerd

Considering the causal significance of herpes-viral infections, especially EBV, I'd be interested in the prevalence of the CC allele in CFS/ME patients (10.1111/bph.15395). This SNP determines the EBI 2 expression on lymphocytes and EBI 2 is a key pathogenic post-viral driver, though it initially plays a physiological antiviral role.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
My viral test for EBV didn't show it. I also have IgM deficiency so maybe that is why. My allele is C;T and I voted above.

I did get Mono when I was 12 but that was very long ago so I have no access to the medical records to see the tests that doctor ran at that time.

nerd

My viral test for EBV didn't show it.

Do you mean EBI 2?

I did get Mono when I was 12 but that was very long ago so I have no access to the medical records to see the tests that doctor ran at that time.

Utmost unlikely that anyone runs this except for immunologists. I could also create a survey for EBI-induced proteins but I doubt anyone has results for it.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
No, I meant Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). I thought in most cases that is what caused Mono but when I try to think back to how that doctor determined that, I cannot remember if he did any kind of testing--either blood or saliva.

I just can't remember how he determined that I had Mono. I remember the physical exam when he determined I had swollen glands, swollen liver and spleen, and the extreme fatigue but I also think he ran some kind of test.

nerd

Seems like there won't be any statistically significant difference to the average genome. The CC allele isn't common enough in CFS/ME patients to make any difference overall.