• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ozone Therapy

pemone

Has anyone hear of the Lahondy Protocol? I can't find any information on the web. A Dr told me he was at a conference recently in CA and they spoke of removing blood with some type of hemodialysis machine (my description not his), treating it with ozone, and then returning it. This enables most if not all the blood to be treated multiple times or multiple passes with each treatment. I think this is new new, and research was done in Germany, so it may not be common knowledge in NA. But curious if anyone has heard anything?

The guy who is the King of this method is Dr Frank Shallenberger in Carson City, Nevada. He uses this extensively in his cancer protocols and has literally dozens of patients per week undergoing the intravenous ozone treatment. It's important in this protocol that the ozone is introduced to blood outside the body. It has to react to the blood before being returned to the body.

Have you undergone this treatment yet, and how did it compare against other methods?

pemone

I no longer have an ozone generator. I've thought about getting another one but I'm not sure the benefits justify the cost.

You indicated in an earlier post that this protocol allowed you to live a normal life for a few years. How can that not be worth pursuing?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Actually IV hydrogen peroxide gave more dramatic help than ozone though ozone was very good for maintenance.
You indicated in an earlier post that this protocol allowed you to live a normal life for a few years. How can that not be worth pursuing?
It was the IV hydrogen peroxide that had the main effect; the ozone was sort of supportive of that but not that powerful for me in itself. I can't do IV hydrogen peroxide again because it wrecked my veins.

Sushi

have you found a less poisonous substitute for h2o2, @Sushi ?
I don't think is was poisonous, just hard on the veins. I'd guess that hydrogen peroxide oxygenated the blood and probably had its effect by killing pathogens. I haven't found another oxygen based therapy though I have found other therapies that were helpful. I also may have passed the point where an oxygen based therapy would work as well again.

leela

@Sushi, could you say more about what you mean by it wrecking your veins? Are your referring to getting regular sticks causing your veins to shrink/roll,
or was there something specifically about the H202 you discerned somehow? I'm asking because I just started doing it, but I have a central line now.

Sushi

could you say more about what you mean by it wrecking your veins? Are your referring to getting regular sticks causing your veins to shrink/roll,
or was there something specifically about the H202 you discerned somehow? I'm asking because I just started doing it, but I have a central line now.
It was the hydrogen peroxide more than the sticks, though the sticks aren't good for the veins either. The docs in the clinic told us that H202 was hard on the veins. My veins hurt for months afterward. With a central line, though, I'd think it wouldn't be such a problem. Still, good to ask them about it.

Sushi

Thank you, @Sushi. It's always good to have input from a pioneer :angel:
Good luck with this. It can have a big effect--I hope it is really good for you. How many treatments will you get? Also ask them about oxidative stress. That was something my clinic kept an eye on.

leela

Good luck with this. It can have a big effect--I hope it is really good for you. How many treatments will you get? Also ask them about oxidative stress. That was something my clinic kept an eye on.
Yes, good point, I did ask about that since I came up very high in oxidative stress in a MAP test. The RN doing the infusions says H202 can paradoxically have anti-oxidative effect(?!) I dunno. I've only just started, very low and slow, so we'll see. Fingers crossed.

pemone

@Sushi, could you say more about what you mean by it wrecking your veins? Are your referring to getting regular sticks causing your veins to shrink/roll,

IV H2O2 is quite dangerous. You would be running a big risk of damage to your veins. Why not explore ozone?

Cindi

Hi all

Just started ozone therapy. After reading some of the posts here i am now worrying if it might hurt me. I am very ill,at late stage cfs,also have rheumatoid arthritis. I have some questions.

If it is too heavy for me would it create symptoms after the first session? first session went okay with me. only a bit of herx type reaction. i felt like i have little flu..if it is too heavy would decreasing the volume of the blood help? they used 100 cc of blood. i can ask them to use 50 cc for the next session. would it help? they are suggesting two sessions per week. would giving longer brakes help? any other insights? thanks.

pemone

Hi all

Just started ozone therapy. After reading some of the posts here i am now worrying if it might hurt me. I am very ill,at late stage cfs,also have rheumatoid arthritis. I have some questions.

If it is too heavy for me would it create symptoms after the first session? first session went okay with me. only a bit of herx type reaction. i felt like i have little flu..if it is too heavy would decreasing the volume of the blood help? they used 100 cc of blood. i can ask them to use 50 cc for the next session. would it help? they are suggesting two sessions per week. would giving longer brakes help? any other insights? thanks.

When Shoemaker uses ozone he normally does once a day for about two weeks, and the end point of that is to bring antioxidant enzymes to a high level. Then he backs off to more infrequent treatments, or he lets the patients self treat at home.

Would you mind updating us on your changes every two weeks or so?

ahmo

@Hip Have you continued to use the ozone generator and ozone on you skin as you describe? I see this generator is available for about $20. I'm ready to get one if you've found it helpful. Thanks.

Hip

@Hip Have you continued to use the ozone generator and ozone on you skin as you describe? I see this generator is available for about $20. I'm ready to get one if you've found it helpful. Thanks.

These ozone machines are very cheap these days, so it becomes an affordable experiment.

I have not yet got around to giving this transdermal ozone water treatment a long term test. I have just done a few short term tests, taking transdermal ozone water say three times a week, for a few weeks. Each time I take it, it rapidly clears my chronic sinus and nasal inflammation and congestion, so I know it is doing something. It seems to have this anti-inflammatory action. A mouse study showed ozonated water has anti-inflammatory effects.

Transdermal ozone water may have also reduced my anxiety levels, and relaxed my mind a little. And my muscles seemed stronger. But apart from that, I did not notice much.

However, I have not really given ozone a long term test, which would involve taking it probably daily for a couple of months. I keep meaning to do this.

I read you can also drink ozonated water.

Just how safe it is to medicate with ozone I am not sure.

JES

Hi all

I tried IV ozone therapy a couple of years ago, I reckon the last couple of infusions were rather large. A day or two after each session I felt slightly more energetic and had a bit trouble sleeping. I quit after around 4 weeks due to the cost becoming prohibitive to continue.

The only long-term effect I got from this therapy was that my veins got slightly damaged where the needle was inserted, which took a month or so to fully recover. For my CFS/ME symptoms it did neither worsen nor improve anything, except for the slightly more energetic feeling the next 24 hours after therapy.