• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxalate Dumping - a Probiotic Solution?

acrosstheveil

Lately I have had more brain fog. Its really hard to think and often to speak. I search for words some days.

I have been trying to improve my biome - more probiotics, more complex carbs for resistant starch and even a little potato starch a couple of evenings.

Brainfog was getting worse. As a migraineur, I have never done well on fermented foods. So I decided to forget about all that healthy biome stuff for the moment and see what happens. Well, brainfog has lifted to an appreciable extent.

I was taking the Lactobif + 1 Primal Defense + 2 S. Boulardi per day. Perhaps too much? I have continued the S Boulardi as I am very prone to Candida.

Lactobif seemed to be keeping the urinary oxalate problem in check but floaters are still a big problem.

How can I improve my gut without fermented foods/probiotics/resistant starch?
i would strongly recommend avoid any s. boulardii. it's a yeast and produces oxalates in the gut.