• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Open letter to the OMF--help save us canaries

5vforest

I'm unclear as to whether PolyBio actually wants patient donations or not. Do they have the capability to run more studies if they were to receive more money from patients? I don't know. MvE has said before that he prefers to get grant money.

frozenborderline

I'm unclear as to whether PolyBio actually wants patient donations or not. Do they have the capability to run more studies if they were to receive more money from patients? I don't know. MvE has said before that he prefers to get grant money.
Its not in the least unclear to me, he just says to a lot of people not to donate their last few bucks or disability check. Maybe that sends unclear message , but polybio most certainly needs funding from all sources

frozenborderline

They need money. They dont want patients to spend their poverty $$ /disability checks on them, but that's for moral reasons. If one is going to give to one of the two orgs I think it would go further with polybio