• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New drug that "hunts" for specific virus in cells and then destroys these cells.

nerd

This only works against RNA viruses. DNA virus genes might be more difficult to silence. 2 years is what they need for SARS-CoV-2. But it will depend on the incentive if they redevelop it for other viruses. Many viruses integrate their genome into the cell genome. Even SARS-CoV-2 integrates itself into the DNA even though it is an RNA virus. Reversing existing mutations is more difficult. It might become an antiviral for acute infections, but latent infections are a different nut to crack.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Thought this was interesting because they say it can be "tuned" to hunt for any specific virus, not just covid.

Also they say it will be on the market in 2 years if everything goes to plan.

This is their paper on it I think...

I saw on tv as well. I thought, can i have one for all the herpes viruses please😁