• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Needed Logo for Phoenix Rising Forums

starryeyes

This is from Photobucket:

PhoenixNewVersion.jpg

Andrew

BTW, I really like Lynn's color logos. If if you use my suggestion for the forum, it would be nice to keep using the color one's elsewhere.

Victoria

Sorry to say, Denn,

I don't have the knowledge, only the interest & a couple of basic books on the subject. But I do intuitively arrange furniture in my home so air & energy flow is good.

Every time I make a change to the furniture arrangement (for whatever reason), I always end up changing it back again.

Dear Victoria--

Thanks for the very interesting Feng Shui information regarding the Phoenix--a truly potent symbol. Your observations about color feel intuitively true. It seems to me that a Feng Shui thread would be very helpful in the Community Forum--if there is enough interest and a few people with the appropriate knowledge of the art.

Denn

Here's another picture (below)I found, which I love. It has all the colours of the rainbow in it's wings.

I love rainbows.

Whoever painted/designed this one did well to get the phoenix look like it was flying OUT of the fire.

Some I found on the internet look like the phoenix is stationary. This one below, is very cleverly executed.

I like the simplicity of Lynn's logo, but I would also like to see a header on the home page with a phoenix flying out of a fire, or up from ashes, or something specific resembling a phoenix rising up....

I also think you need to have ME/CFS/FM as an abbreviation & then with the full words after this abbreviation. I still can't remember the full wording of ME. I believe they are 3 separate health problems, with many overlapping symptoms. People can have one, two or all three. CFS/FM are very similar only with CFS, prolonged fatigue is more dominant, & with FM, overall pain is more dominant.

I don't know enough about Myalgic My......enceph.....tis (sorry, still can't remember the full word) to comment on that. But it seems to me, that Phoenix Rising should include all three. And while we continue to use Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as an umbrella term, we will continue to get idiots trivialising the condition of any of the three conditions.

I think (apart from Lynn's logo), I would like the letters P H O E N I X R I S I N G to form the wing feathers (perhaps?), meaning that the Phoenix Rising website wording is part of the mythical phoenix bird.

PS I printed the above picture from the internet, but on my desk in front of me, I've got a hard copy of the same internet picture, & it appears softer and rather mysterious looking. Almost like a dream or fantasy. My scanner image also shows the feathers with surrounding lines which is how the artist got the effect of movement. As I said, the artist is very clever.

Andrew

The problem with the phoenix image is it lends more of a sword and sorcery feel. OTOH, the flames image of the early logo or the current logo feel more along the lines of a health forum.

caledonia

Yes, I agree, an actual phoenix is a pretty ugly duckling. Head of an eagle, neck of a snake and so forth. There is one version which is a heron, which is better. But still, an actual literal bird is probably a bit much.

I'll try some sketches when I get a chance.

Tammie

View attachment 1763Here are a couple of logo's Lynn came up with for the website. We could use themView attachment 1764View attachment 1762 as a basis for the Forums. I was thinking of widening them and then having Phoenix Rising spread horizontally to the left - for a longer banner. I don't know how difficult that is to accomplish. Any ideas are welcome.

I love the purple one, although I agree that we definitely need ME in there, too.

Tammie

I love Lynn's logos, but have to say the colours of the middle sample remind me of illness & debility. Make sure you use uplifting or healing colours, not depressing colours (with whatever you end up with to replace VBulletin).

Just a thought......Here's a more contemporary version I copied (probably illegally).

I agree that the middle one's colors are kind of a reminder of sickness.....and though I like red quite a bit, it is supposed to represent energy and seems more of an anxious type of color to me.....the purple, though, is very soothing and works with the blue (which is after all the color for CFS/ME...and actually purple is the color for FM, so that one is definitely my favorite so far)....of course, i do have to admit that purple is my favorite color, followed closely by pink.....but I didn't just write the rest of what I worte simply to push for my favorite colors

also for some reason the one that you posted dose not show up on your post

caledonia

Now that I've been looking at this a little more deeply, I see what limitations Lynn was under. She started with the original circular logo and kept the abstract-whatever-it-is.

Cort we need to have a serious talk about creating a consistent graphic identity. I'll send you a PM.

starryeyes

I've been freakin' around a little with the internet & Squeak (a programming language) and came up with this as a first attempt, using a free wallpaper (vector graphics) & some True Type fonts.

Note as it is at present

(1) it is 389 Kb
(2) the original may be copyrighted

It is here now:

url]

url]

Just a first attempt, with the 2nd attempt with round corners....and why these 2 don't display escapes me, but they do when clicked.

Here is another (I am just freakin' around, as I said)

url]

Maarten

P.S. Also with some context on my site now:

-- http://www.maartensz.org/log/2010/NL100406a.htm

Ooooh. I really like the rainbow colored ones. Nice job Maarten.

Victoria

Tammie.....

purple (or an eggplant shade) is one of my favourite colours also. I think, mauves, purples, certain blues etc are very healing colours. Mustard, yellows & browns are earthy colours, but remind me of sickness.

And to others......

The couple of pictures I copied/downloaded from the internet were to suggest that I like the idea of a phoenix somewhere on the Phoenix home page. Not necessarily in those styles I downloaded. I wanted to suggest that one can choose a number of ways to depict a bird.

While this is primarily a ME/CFS site, many people (like myself) have FM, (along with other health problems). I'd like to see ME/CFS/FM somewhere on the Home Page.

PS I love the colours of the RAINBOW also. I think the rainbow is a good example of HARMONY & BALANCE.

citybug

It took a week to figure out how to work scanner, so some ideas for later.

Attachments

• phoenix rising f&#.jpg
    phoenix rising f&#.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38
  • phoenix rising b&#1.jpg
    phoenix rising b&#1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 33

starryeyes

Hello Teej,

You wrote:

Thanks very much Teej! There is now a little more at
-- http://www.maartensz.org/log/2010/NL100406a.htm

FWIW: With Squeak (a programming language + environment) it is for me very easy to compose graphics in 4 formats (BMP,GIF,JPG,PNG) if I have images, so if somebody has good images or links thereto, I can freak a little (or a lot) more, and make any sort of composite images fast, since Squeak makes image manipulation very easy indeed.

Best regards,

Maarten.

Very nice Maarten. I think you want to change the word "from" to "forum".

kdp, I really like the idea of people making up the phoenix. Neat. :)