• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

frozenborderline

My own experiments suggest that sound sensitivity relates to the dopamine receptors
With my experiments. Nmda antagonists and Gabaergics helped the most so I assumed it's not dopamine related... but it worsened recently so normal doses of these things can't help ... and I don't know ultimate cause

frozenborderline

I don't know if I focused yet on talking about "planetary dysbiosis" as a cause of illness and cause of internal dysbiosis. The biome and microbiome of the planet is becoming far less diverse... there's basically a microbial genocide?/ecocide? (What's a word for mass death that isn't about ethnic groups like genocide is I feel like an idiot...)

Nastier microbes thrive in the niches left, nature loathes a void and so if you take away a lot of diverse microbes , often that gets occupied by nastier microbes that can survive more extreme conditions , and are more toxic to humans. Many toxic molds in this category. Will write more about this later. Toxic cyanobacteria blooms are part of this too.

frozenborderline

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...cognitive impairment, and emotional disorders.
This is interesting. Suggests China may have a higher rate of me/cfs . Unless they're measuring wrong ... this is a pretty huge amount
"The incidence rate of CFS in China is up to 5.58%. Although fatigue is the main manifestation of patients, most patients with CFS have non-restorative sleep disorders, and some patients have musculoskeletal pain, neurocognitive impairment, and emotional disorders." Could suggest that pollution in China causes higher incidence rate of me/cfs

hapl808

This is interesting. Suggests China may have a higher rate of me/cfs . Unless they're measuring wrong ... this is a pretty huge amount
"The incidence rate of CFS in China is up to 5.58%. Although fatigue is the main manifestation of patients, most patients with CFS have non-restorative sleep disorders, and some patients have musculoskeletal pain, neurocognitive impairment, and emotional disorders." Could suggest that pollution in China causes higher incidence rate of me/cfs

Very interesting. The other possibility is they're measuring 'right' and we're measuring wrong? It would be interesting to understand more how someone is or was diagnosed in China. We know the USA does a terrible job of diagnosis. I wish we had more international presence here - I think we mostly have US, UK, and some Europe. I've always wondered how CFS (especially different stages) would be treated around the world and if anywhere does a particularly good (or bad) job.