• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Molybdenum and Transsulfuration Pathway

Gondwanaland

Ah yes, how could I forgot your name!
Too bad you can't take those anymore, did you stopped taking molybdenum?

Are there more methods to counterbalance the effects of uric acid besides mag and sodium bicorbinate that you know?
I took moly only once, too powerful for me...

Fish oil is good for uric acid issues

renski

If deficient in sulfate then I'd assume taking molybdenum or any form of sulfates would help, but that would inhibit the sulfate reducing bacteria which are also responsible for methyl mercury? But Rich was essentially saying the sulfate reducing bacteria would increase in numbers to produce more hydrogen sulfide?

renski

I don’t know if this stuff is completely accurate but my GI effects suggests low sulfate reducing bacteria (my Desulfovibrio piger is low), and I have oxalate issues so that makes sense that sulfate or sulfur supplements might actually help.

Last edited: