• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mold without mold?

hb8847

As for the iodine, I don't know. I'm gonna see how I get on without it and if I improve (I really have a strange pain in the throat right where the thyroid is) I'm not gonna touch it again. Actually if I don't improve I probably won't touch it either lol.

That's annoying. Kudos for giving it a go regardless.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Do you feel you might need a chest x-ray or chest CT to look for invasive aspergillus in the lungs?

And/or have you ever had a fungal blood culture?
I fear in Germany you won't convince any doc that acCT would be useful here.

No blood culture. But: if it was in the blood My Procalcitonin levels would show that and possibly my LBP and CRP also.

Irat

We are washing all the bedding today.

I discovered "inside" my pillow case cover, is some black mold! No sign of it on the outside!

getting out bleach....

Just throw it put and buy a new pillow,better safe than sorry.No way I would put my head on this again.. spores can remain and mold can grow back...its recommended to replace pillows every few years anyway.

Last edited:

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Just throw it put and buy a new pillow,better safe than sorry.No way I would put my head on this again.. spores can remain and mold can grow back...its recommended to replace pillows every few years anyway.
I will also replace matrasse etc. It's better. Though I doubt I have mold here but will do a dust test for mold.

Another thing @all: You can't get the BEG nasal spray in Germany... Is there an alternative?

Irat

Irat

BEG spray is a combination of bactobran, EDTA and Gentamicin … Shoemaker says it’s necessary if you’re positive for MARCoNS. (That’s the other thing: where to test?)
Ah okay,hmm I don t know .it's so frustrating that we have no environmental doctors here.i have seen ProfDr. Huber few years ago who gave me all my diagnoses and he has retired by now,i don t know anyone else,and all pll in the german group struggle to get tests,treatment or a diagnose etc.mabey the UK ?

Martin aka paused||M.E.

If you have lots of cash you theoretically can have Skype appointments with any functional Dr. In the US ,or UK.
I don't. 3/4 of the CIRS tests can be done with IMD+Red Labs. But around 1000 €...
What is more frustrating is to get an ACTH/Cortisol test at home and of course then the treatment. Btw Shoemaker says that charcoal and bentonite isn't as effective as Cholestyramine

Irat

I had an ACTH Test years ago with my first brain injury because my adrenals were so swollen on the ultrasonic,they were concerned,lol....but it was fine.also the saliva test was ok.omg back then I had soooooo many tests and all came back fine....probably a reason i could recover after a few years
.this time my immune system is shut,metabolic damage and some more stuff is wrong and visible in blood tests.... @Martin aka paused||M.E.

Last edited:

Martin aka paused||M.E.

The VCS Test is also positive (see attached picture).
Now I will test: TGF-b1; MMP-9; C3a C4a; Gliadin AAB;a-MSH; leptin ; VIP.
what I can’t find is the MACRoNS test. I don’t know if a simple swap test for staphylococcus would it 🤷🏻‍♂️
39D1150F-E733-4239-B037-D8891B6A0FAD.jpeg

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Posted this on mycotoxin testing just now that thought some might be interested in https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-of-my-gpl-mycotox-results.59352/#post-984974

I'd be curious to know what kinds of visual hallucinations were experienced by the poster.
The urine test alone doesn't tell you much.
But in combination with the other tests for CIRS it does

“ Additionally, I have taken a VCS test online and scored 100%.”
After Shoemaker that would exclude mycotoxins as a cause for your problems

seamyb

I haven't bothered with a urine test... I think it would possibly benefit me, but I can tell I have these issues from my response (herx) to sticking antifungals/biofilm busters up my nose. There are many essential oils which have several properties desirable to combatting mold infections in the sinuses. Some even inhibit the release of mycotoxins which may reduce the herx reaction. I may have experienced this with thyme oil (herxed, but only for a couple of hours and then felt pretty good) which supposedly does this, but I need to experiment more.

If you stick stuff up your nose and herx like a motherbrother, it's a sign you can probably trust more than the urine tests (if the criticisms are true). Be warned, these reactions can be severe and take time to manifest. I dread to think how somebody like @Martin aka paused||M.E. would react given their already severe state. The phrases "biting the bullet" and "grasping the nettle" come to mind, but these are too mild. You'd need to hump the atom bomb.

GlassCannonLife

I don't. 3/4 of the CIRS tests can be done with IMD+Red Labs. But around 1000 €...
What is more frustrating is to get an ACTH/Cortisol test at home and of course then the treatment. Btw Shoemaker says that charcoal and bentonite isn't as effective as Cholestyramine

Sorry do you mean to say adrenal function is closely linked with CIRS or this is just something you need to test for general investigative purposes?

Hi @Martin aka paused||M.E. , were you able to find CIRS/MACRoNS tests in Europe? Did you have to get your Great Plains test through a dr? (I'm in Switzerland looking for these tests too)

frozenborderline

I hope there's another solution. Thank you very much!
Its more complex than that. Nobody says throw out everything. People say that it gets super contaminated often so put things in storage while you take a clean break away from them, then you use your own senses after doing mold avoidance and unmasking, to see if you react. Then you can evaluate each item to see if it makes you sick. now. That might still not be easy, but it's not synonymous with throwing everything out. Some people have ways to decontaminate things but it can be difficult depending on how porous the materials are and how much times they spent in a bad place. Dont let perfect be the enemy of the good