• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mold without mold?

Reading_Steiner

Is it possible to have a positive VCS test and then later test negative for the biomarkers associated with CIRS as described by Dr Shoemaker ? I watched a few videos on Youtube about it and I thought it was really great how it was able to explain how a fatigue illness with exercise intolerance can be caused by breathing in everyday particles, for a bit I felt as though I might be able to get a different diagnosis than CFS which can actually be objectively measures and sort of treated, but then the usual doubts set in. Why doesn't CIRS get more attention from CFS people i'm wondering.

frozenborderline

Is it possible to have a positive VCS test and then later test negative for the biomarkers associated with CIRS as described by Dr Shoemaker ? I watched a few videos on Youtube about it and I thought it was really great how it was able to explain how a fatigue illness with exercise intolerance can be caused by breathing in everyday particles, for a bit I felt as though I might be able to get a different diagnosis than CFS which can actually be objectively measures and sort of treated, but then the usual doubts set in. Why doesn't CIRS get more attention from CFS people i'm wondering.
No offense to shoemaker but his tests aren't definitive so just do a sabbatical. He has some interesting stuff but many people are sick from mold in ways that don't show on his tests , but do show on their experience, when they leave the place thst they were sick in, go away with no belongings for a week or so to a pristine place, then come back. Then it's crystal clear whats the problem. Sometimes its not mold. Many times it is. Rely on experience and sense. Since the tests aren't definitive.