• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS patient goes into remission after taking "elixir of youth" GDF11

godlovesatrier

What is your full regime like each day/week now @beatsmyth

I'm going to start alpha-1 to begin with and then probably will add bpc in. But would be interested to know what your protocol looks like with dosages at this point.

Also I noticed TB-500 worth to try for MSAC (not TA)
After months of tests and research I believe my main issue is MCAS (not sure of the cause - other than genetic collagen issues and genetic B12/methymalonic acid issues). I've got to get these mast cells stabilized.

Have you tried TB-500 for MCAS? So far, nothing I've done helps much.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
It seems in my case, LL-37... - I got real weakness, and strong pain in my knee joints (I didn’t have it never), it was even painful to walk.

The same thing happened to me when I started abx (antibiotics) for possibly Lyme co-infections. Are you sure it wasn't targeting some type of bacteria that had settled into your joints?

I think Lyme especially likes to settle into the leg joints. The bacteria like to feed on our soft tissues. I have never had that severity of leg joint pain before that I could remember. Continuing on the abx resolved it though after about a week.

Maybe the peptides were working in the same way and helping to clear up some infection in you?

mitoMAN

T
After months of tests and research I believe my main issue is MCAS (not sure of the cause - other than genetic collagen issues and genetic B12/methymalonic acid issues). I've got to get these mast cells stabilized.

TB-500 will worsen MCAS a lot. It's a mast cell degranulator

Also I noticed TB-500 worth to try for MSAC (not TA)

Wayne

After months of tests and research I believe my main issue is MCAS

Hi @Momentum -- I was wondering if you by any chance have tinnitus, or have very sensitive hearing (hyperacusis). I recently read from a tinnitus forum member that he tracked his tinnitus down to having MCAS. After doing various things to address it, he's experienced his tinnitus improving significantly (I think he may have said 90%). -- Best...

vortex

GDF11 dosing is tricky and unusual. If you watch one of many steve perry youtube videos he will tell you how to do it. You take the dose daily and then all of a sudden at about 2-3 months you will hit a wall and you have to stop taking it.
He calls it downregulation but your body essentially gets repleted and when that happens, taking more will give you opposite results and you will start to have negative effects. Which is why he suggests you monitor your biomarkers daily so you will be able to detect it. Once you hit the wall, you back off the dose and take tiny tiny doses like 20pg a month or so. Your biomarkers will guide you on what the maintenance dose should be.

So for everyone who say "it stopped working" after a while etc. This explains why this is happening. I am kind of shocked no one here that is taking gdf11 hasnt mentioned it or watched a steve perry video on it.

Learner1

GDF11 dosing is tricky and unusual. If you watch one of many steve perry youtube videos he will tell you how to do it. You take the dose daily and then all of a sudden at about 2-3 months you will hit a wall and you have to stop taking it.
He calls it downregulation but your body essentially gets repleted and when that happens, taking more will give you opposite results and you will start to have negative effects. Which is why he suggests you monitor your biomarkers daily so you will be able to detect it. Once you hit the wall, you back off the dose and take tiny tiny doses like 20pg a month or so. Your biomarkers will guide you on what the maintenance dose should be.

So for everyone who say "it stopped working" after a while etc. This explains why this is happening. I am kind of shocked no one here that is taking gdf11 hasnt mentioned it or watched a steve perry video on it.
This guy? I'm confused...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Perry

SWAlexander

This sentence caught my attention
"fever may be the immune system kicking into gear and fighting off the underlying infections."

I never had a real fever in my life, (normal temp. 36,5) not even when I had sepsis, (very rare growth: bacteremia: Staph epidermidis and Peptostreptococcus, Peptostreptococcus, one colony Staph caprae, Corynebacterium species,”) after a botched L4-L5 surgery.

My normal blood pressure is always about 110 but with the sepsis, it stayed for weeks at 195 - but the fever never went higher than 38.5 C.
Something else and very strange has happened. After being for 6 weeks on Amoxicillin (IV) I had no bodily odor for one year.

In the last few weeks something remarkable has happened I never experienced before; at the night, I have a low-grade fever with sweats. The next day I have a tiny bit more energy.
Maybe, "fever may be the immune system kicking into gear and fighting off the underlying infections."

Here are my thoughts:
Maybe Fluoroquinolone and Amoxicillin killed my immune system?
There are some studies about it; if you can relate or like to read:
Fluoroquinolone Trouble Untangled (oxidative damage)
https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/fluoroquinolone-trouble-untangled
When antibiotics turn toxic: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-03267-5

Hi, I know this post is old but hoping someone is around who can help me. I’ve requested to join the Facebook page last week but so far no one has added me. I have terrible stomach problems under the IBS umbrella (which I know is BS), to the point where I dread opening my eyes to another day of this hell. I have a daughter and so I must find a way.

I believe my actual problem is my nerve damage has made its way up to my digestive system causing chaos. I am interested in LL-37 and wondering how terrible is it to inject yourself? I am not a fan of needles and afraid I might not be able to. This is probably a stupid question but since oral is preferred for stomach, is there anyway to DIY capsules from a vial? I know many people make their own capsules of herbs so something similar maybe? I guess the problem might be that it’s not stable enough for stomach acid. Not sure I can shell out hundreds every month between a consult and compounding pharmacy.

I really appreciate any help!

Hi, I know this post is old but hoping someone is around who can help me. I’ve requested to join the Facebook page last week but so far no one has added me. I have terrible stomach problems under the IBS umbrella (which I know is BS), to the point where I dread opening my eyes to another day of this hell. I have a daughter and so I must find a way.

I believe my actual problem is my nerve damage has made its way up to my digestive system causing chaos. I am interested in LL-37 and wondering how terrible is it to inject yourself? I am not a fan of needles and afraid I might not be able to. This is probably a stupid question but since oral is preferred for stomach, is there anyway to DIY capsules from a vial? I know many people make their own capsules of herbs so something similar maybe? I guess the problem might be that it’s not stable enough for stomach acid. Not sure I can shell out hundreds every month between a consult and compounding pharmacy.

I really appreciate any help!
I hated needles too, but I was so desperate to get my life back, I was willing to do and try anything. The needles I use are diabetes needles and they are extremely tiny and I inject the fat in my belly. I was the one who started the whole LL-37 info on here as I had the same issues as you're describing and found the peptide group on Reddit, and saw users were having success with stomach issues.

I actually had my sister do the first few shots because she also has immune disorders and takes humira, but after 3-4 times, I got used to it and did it myself. Its extremely easy to do and there are tons of YouTube videos that show you how to do a simple intramuscular shot into your belly fat. You literally cannot miss or mess this up doing so.

Also my Stomach Issues are completely healed and have never come back since doing 2 runs of LL-37 )6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, then another 6 weeks on).

I do have to add, that I addressed issues with a Mycoplasma Infection (the cause of nerve pain and studies show this mycoplasma attaches to your nerves and then the Immune system attacks the covering of your nerves called Myelin) Once I address the Mycoplasma, I then found that Metformin fixes the Myelin and have since then recovered my nerve pain as well.

I have also had MAJOR success in my recovery with a new supplement that very few people know about and is hard to get, but I am only on week 2 of a 33 day trial and have several other family members trialing it, so it will be a few months before a report back on that

I hated needles too, but I was so desperate to get my life back, I was willing to do and try anything. The needles I use are diabetes needles and they are extremely tiny and I inject the fat in my belly. I was the one who started the whole LL-37 info on here as I had the same issues as you're describing and found the peptide group on Reddit, and saw users were having success with stomach issues.

I actually had my sister do the first few shots because she also has immune disorders and takes humira, but after 3-4 times, I got used to it and did it myself. Its extremely easy to do and there are tons of YouTube videos that show you how to do a simple intramuscular shot into your belly fat. You literally cannot miss or mess this up doing so.

Also my Stomach Issues are completely healed and have never come back since doing 2 runs of LL-37 )6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, then another 6 weeks on).

I do have to add, that I addressed issues with a Mycoplasma Infection (the cause of nerve pain and studies show this mycoplasma attaches to your nerves and then the Immune system attacks the covering of your nerves called Myelin) Once I address the Mycoplasma, I then found that Metformin fixes the Myelin and have since then recovered my nerve pain as well.

I have also had MAJOR success in my recovery with a new supplement that very few people know about and is hard to get, but I am only on week 2 of a 33 day trial and have several other family members trialing it, so it will be a few months before a report back on that

Wow that is incredibly wonderful to hear. Thanks for sharing all this with me, as sometimes it all just seems so hopeless. Hearing that makes me feel like I can probably handle the needles, as I definitely do feel desperate enough to try anything. I’ll look into the Reddit forum too for some more stories.

I didn’t realize that it can possibly take only 2 rounds or so for results and then you can stop. I thought it was more long term so this is encouraging as well.

I also testing positive for the kind of mycoplasma that causes walking pneumonia, but my doctor said it didn’t mean anything. I haven’t found the cause for my small fiber neuropathy yet and my neurologist thinks it’s autoimmune and is leaving it at that. I’m trying to treat general infections with a mild hyperbaric chamber but just started recently so it’s too soon to tell.

Have you ever heard of anyone taking ARA-290 peptide? I am probably going to do this as well because there are studies on it helping regenerate nerves in SFN. I’m guessing I’ll probably have to inject this separately.

One last question..when you order from peptide sciences it has a requirement of “company name.” What do you put in this field and do you think it will get flagged in my order?

Thats super exciting about the new supplement, can’t wait to hear about it once more time has passed!