• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS patient goes into remission after taking "elixir of youth" GDF11

I would not have thought a bit of heat would affect this protein; after all, it's designed to operate in a body whose temperature is 37°C.
Ok, that was my thought too. I think my body is just really used to it at this point.

In about 2 weeks I will be coming up on 2 months doing 330 picograms every other day. When I inject I do get some benefit but its minimal for sure now. Hoping that I get more of the long term benefits.
so far so good, definitely a boost in energy, only take it every other day as the benefit lasts the next day as well. Not good if i take more than 300-330 picograms, then am too wired. but overall plenty of benefits and will be sticking with it long term. Havent it the 1 month mark yet

mitoMAN

Did anyone find a retailer that ships GDF-11 to EUROPE from inside the EU or UK?

Sadly German customs are very very aggressive and strict, and I heard of people having legal problems with importing peptides from the US already.
I am stuck in Germany during Corona and might give it a try once I move back to Austria. Customs there are less strict.

mitoMAN

I am waiting for my TH1/TH2 balance test at IMD-Berlin and will probably start my Thymosin Alpha-1 at the end of the month.
I want to do prior and after lab tests to see if it changed annything on immune markers.

Lieselotte

@beatsmyth I'd also like to know the dosing and how long you took the LL-37.

I've been eyeing it, but there are some folks on a peptide Facebook group that found it quite strong and they had bad reactions to it. I had no gut help from BPC-157 so still looking for anything that might help with that.
So now you've got me back to looking into LL-37!

An update on LL-37, mentioned earlier in this thread, which I just finished.
I did 100mcg/day for 6 weeks. This is the standard protocol according to some folks on a Facebook peptide group. A cycle is 6 weeks, and you can do another cycle after a 2 week break. I only did one cycle. I got the peptide from CanLabs.

I did not feel any affects from this peptide, good or bad. I was hoping it would help with my gut, or with a possible candida problem based on borderline OATS test results. But, it did nothing. On to the next one!

mitoMAN

@Lieselotte did you try taking antibiotics for a full gut rebuild? Thats what I am doing right now, and from what I understand LL-37 has similar functions to gut antibiotics.
So you would want to start with a good diet and taking pre/probiotics after your LL-37 intake?

I'm keeping the LL-37 aside as of now and waiting to see how my antibiotics and gut rebuilding trial goes along.

Lieselotte

@mitoMAN I did not do an antibiotic napalm. According to stool and other tests, my bacteria levels/types aren't that bad. However there was a possible candida issue (which antibiotics wouldn't help). I was doing some herbal anti-candida supplements at the time of doing the peptide. But haven't noticed a huge difference. But again it was only a possible candida problem. I guess I could try Rx antifungals with the LL-37 in the future if I wanted to.

[QUOTE = "Lieselotte, post: 2284772, member: 37038"] [USER = 40195] @mitoMAN [/ USER] I did not do napalm with antibiotics. According to stool and other tests, my bacteria levels / types are not so bad. However, there was a possible Candida problem (which antibiotics will not help). I made some herbal anti-candida supplements while using the peptide. But I did not notice a huge difference. But then again, it was only a possible problem with the candida. I think that I could try the antifungal drugs Rx with LL-37 in the future if I wanted to. [/ QUOTE]
I did not find the benefits of LL-37 (Tailor) for my fungal infection. Use voriconazole again. But maybe check back later with a second bottle. What do you think safer if not Tailor (they are discontinued) - Peptide Science or Canlab?

Lieselotte

@zaika11 I think CanLabs and Peptide Sciences are both good. I got my BPC and Epitalon from PS, and LL-37 and TA-1 from CanLab.
Interesting to see you didn't have any effects with LL-37 either. Yes, maybe I'll try again at a later point.

@zaika11 I think CanLabs and Peptide Sciences are both good. I got my BPC and Epitalon from PS, and LL-37 and TA-1 from CanLab.
Interesting to see you didn't have any effects with LL-37 either. Yes, maybe I'll try again at a later point.
Thank you!
I can’t say that LL-37 was not effective for me, I can’t know for sure in this point. I used it when I had a serious infection, it’s hard to say if there was an antibacterial/antiviral effect, such bad situation was in general. But I didn’t notice the antifungal effect (but I will double-check again).
It seems in my case, LL-37 turns into the autoimmune component - I got real weakness, and strong pain in my knee joints (I didn’t have it never), it was even painful to walk. Only TB-500 recovered it(I such in love this this staff!). But as I said, I still would like to check it one more time. I only afraid of possible bacterial resistance for LL-37 when I will stop to use it- I saw this article in Pubmed. This is that really scary me, not autoimmune even (because it seems its just for period when you use it)

@Hip
I'm a newbie here, well an off and off reader, but newer poster. I actually popped over here today looking at "stem cell" and "peptide" threads.

This morning I was spending some time on MTHFR and listening to Lynch. What I find fascinating/frustrating is the MTHFR situation (under/over methylating, getting it 'just right') along with the interplay of all B vitamins and their effect and function of one another.

As a side note, your adverse side effects sound somewhat familiar with those who get too much methylation or maybe more properly too much methylfolate - for which one of Lynch's cures is niacin.

The main point I am trying to make is that I'm wondering if your adverse affects may be due to a possible deficiency (or abundance) in another nutrient? Can the GDF11, or maybe more properly asked, is the GDF11 dependent on something else for it to work properly? This could be vitamin, mineral or another peptide. Maybe the GDF11 is either using something up that you have in short supply, or you simply don't have enough of a supporting molecule? Or possibly the opposite, the GDF11 is producing too much of something which seems to be your hypothesis since you are dramatically decreasing your dose - but the diminishing return is not optimal.

I'm thinking of situations in which we need correct B9 before correcting B12. IIRC, or those who are mega dosing B1 they should take it apart from B12(?) because they compete for receptors. Or if you get too much methylfolate and have adverse effects - why is Lynch's solution to take niacin? Is the adverse effect too much folate or that the folate uses niacin and if in niacine is in short supply you'll have adverse affects - not from the methylfolate but from deficient niacin? - thus the niacin alleviates symptoms.

Just trying to think outside the box :) Rather than GDF11 being the problem, maybe you have a deficiency. ??

Yes after 3 months, I went from severe to Mild, on BPC-157 and LL-37, but I still have to be careful with over exertion, and still have bad days (now its like 2 bad days a week, verses all bad days a week)

with the LL-37, I was taking daily a very minimal dosage into belly fat. Dont have my notes on me, but basically I halved the recommended dose. As far as benficial effects, Im off the LL-37 for several months now and my stomach is still all good, honestly never thought I would be able to fix my stomach issues, but this has been a Godsend. BPC-157 has also left some permanent results, less joint and less nerve pain, but also in general I found as long as I stay on the BPC, its much better than to be off of it overall

As far pathogen associations, Mycoplasma, HHV-6, and EBV. Massive improvement also once I went on low dose Potassium Iodide daily with selenium, and did an 8 month hard core multiple ABX therapy

@Yuno I get my Peptides from Canlabs, he works at the University and makes his Peptides there in the lab
Did you ever try an oral form BPC-157? I just ordered it. Very interesting to know a difference if someone tried both forms

Last edited:
interesting

Recently, a work by Anon-Hidalgo et al. (
73) reported a convincing study associating the circulating levels of GDF11 with thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) in humans. The study showed subjects with high or normal levels of TSH present high level contents of GDF11, compared with patients with low levels of TSH. This finding could be due to the fact that other members of the family, such as GDF8 and GDF15, are regulators of the energy homeostasis (74, 75). Anon-Hidalgo team states that it could be related to a regulation of TSH by GDF11, or GDF11 could be positively regulated by TSH or any other thyroid hormones (73).