• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for podcast participants for my ME/CFS related podcast

frozenborderline

looking for podcast participants
Potentially upsetting
Looking for people to be interviewed on a podcast:

The most interesting things I'd like to talk about ir type of guests : 1. People who have had some kind of experience with environmental factors in their illness

People who have done some extensive "citizen science " and either teaching themselves some level of biology or already knowing that from prior to illness but applying that knowledge to figuring out aspects of tbe etiology

People who are researchers for this disease (formal researchers) whether or not they are patients also.

People who were formally musicians and now became sick in a way that made it hard to continue playing or consuming music

Also want to cover following topics : discussing some music and art and movies in context of me/cfs --first reformed, nausicaa, princess mononoke, any tarkovsky film, 12 monkeys (all in context of environmental aspects of illness), the musicians Grouper, the microphones, and Mt Eerie (which have a strong connection to ecological themes and grief over death ), various stuff like that

Discussions of how severe ME can affect dating or romantic stuff negatively

People who have cci and me/cfs

People who have some idea of organizing wjth me/cfs and experience with protests or organizing

People who have some experience of their faith or religious practice changing or being affected by illness in some way , negative or positive

People who have experienced homelessness bc of this illness

There are probably some other types of guests I'd like that im forgetting and I'll edit later.

I can't make commitments so please don't get offended if I talk to u but don't follow through, but there's still a good chance i can use your story.

Thanks

katabasis

People who were formally musicians and now became sick in a way that made it hard to continue playing or consuming music

This is me to a T. I can no longer play drums or even guitar. I can still play piano, but I had to buy a keyboard that would fit on my lap and having CFS generally changed my whole approach to songwriting.

I also fit into a few of the other categories (environmental factors, citizen scientist). Is this an established podcast or are you just starting up?

frozenborderline

I'd also like to find people who can help a bit with the research and pulling quotes or research excerpts for the pod