• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long COVID ME/CFS patient goes into remission after 3 weeks on the antiviral sofosbuvir

godlovesatrier

Hmm this does not give me much hope of doing well if I get COVID soon. Although last time I had it antivirals did help. But I'm sorry you are both worse of. I dread that happening to me anytime soon.

Hope you find something that helps.

Wayne

It wasn't until I started some low-dose methylene blue in February of this year that things began to improve. My vertigo was back to baseline within about 3-4 weeks, and has improved from that baseline in the past few months.[/I]
I just recalled I made a post on another forum a year ago about a man who also had persistent vertigo as his primary long-COVID symptom. His solution turned out to be Ivermectin. Within hours of taking just a single dose, his vertigo went away. I also had a friend who took Ivermectin, and he couldn't say enough about how good it was for his health, physically, mentally, and more.

godlovesatrier

Vertigo is a very odd symptom. When I get this I call it vestibular inflammation (caused by a virus) and for me at least it's treatable as long as I take valtrex.

Whenever I've had what I believe is vestibular inflammation (incredibly similair to vertigo if not exactly the same thing) I take 1g of valtrex and the symptom disappears in about 2 hours. Serum max is 1 hour so it makes sense. Have repeated this about 3 times. I no longer get this symptom anymore either so convinced it was one of the viruses valtrex works on.

But as you've said ivermectin I reckon these drugs could be antifungal or something as well and we don't know although ivermectin prob is antifungal I guess. As it's an anti parasitic right? Anyway I wonder if a wide variety of pathogens can cause the vertigo/vestibular inflammation. Just a thought.

And now I've found out that all ssris are highly anti fungal and most kill bacteria too. So could explain why those drugs might also work in some cases.

Wayne

Anyway I wonder if a wide variety of pathogens can cause the vertigo/vestibular inflammation. Just a thought.
Hi @godlovesatrier -- Very interesting to hear how Valtrex can be so effective for your situation. I'm inclined to believe your "wide variety of pathogens" hypothesis, as it makes a lot of sense.

Interesting that SSRIs are highly antifungal, and I do believe that could be a factor as to why they're sometimes effective. I think a safer and probably more effective non-SSRI to take would be methylene blue, which is what gives a blue color in aquariums, and is very effective at keeping aquariums fingus-free.