LASER THERAPY FOR CCI/AAI

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Chris

You don't need to go to lasers--a good LED unit may help; I have a Red Light Man LED unit -the Infrared Mini-which uses Near Infra Red light at 830nm and use that on the nape of my neck which seems to help a bit--I find it a very useful little unit of considerable power, and not too expensive.

Hip

What are your thoughts on that? Is there a realistic chance that that might could help?
If you are talking about low-level laser therapy (LLLT), which uses red or near infrared light, then as @Chris mentions, an LED unit will be just as effective and cheaper, as long as you get the right wavelength. 830 nm is probably the best, as it is the wavelength of infrared light than penetrates the deepest into the tissues. Whether it penetrates enough to reach the brainstem and ligaments of the craniocervical junction I am not sure.

@ScottTriGuy found such LED light therapy applied to his neck made a major improvement to his ME/CFS — see this post.

Daffodil

someone asked about laser therapy on the regenexx website comment section. someone from regenexx replied:
"Laser therapy would not be recommended, as the goal is to tighten lax ligaments and or heal injured ones, and Laser therapy has the opposite effect."

I am not sure why they would say this since lasers are used all the time to tighten skin and promote healing and stuff.... when i go to the clinic next week, i will ask the doctor about this. if i remember, that is...

bread.

someone asked about laser therapy on the regenexx website comment section. someone from regenexx replied:
"Laser therapy would not be recommended, as the goal is to tighten lax ligaments and or heal injured ones, and Laser therapy has the opposite effect."

I am not sure why they would say this since lasers are used all the time to tighten skin and promote healing and stuff.... when i go to the clinic next week, i will ask the doctor about this. if i remember, that is...
could you send me the link for this?

Chris

Most lasers emit a very narrow beam of light; if you know exactly where your problem lies, and are confident that you could aim the laser to hit it, that might be the way to go. If you suspect that several vertabrae are involved, and want to treat the whole neck area, I think a good LED unit might be more useful-as well, of course, as being much cheaper.

Sidny

Could sun exposure possibly have a similar positive effect like 830nm near infra red light from LEDs does?